It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dome Of The Rock UFO: Hoaxes Are Easy - Extended Discussion.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
reply to post by AtruthGuy

NONE of you would be good at working for the government.... if fact you would all suck... because you don't have a damn clue as how to cover something up, or promote a lie, or persuade..... and on and on....

Thanks i guess, there goes my ambitions of becoming a CIA disinfo agent

Atleast I can acknowledge that it's "possibly" a hoax..... whereas you people have already been persuaded through technical garble that it is a hoax.

You people? You sound like H. Ross Perot

Technical talk should be frowned on lets just go by gut feeling eh?

Also, being from Utah and an ex-Mormon.... I can tell you the UFO's don't care about Mormons. I have seen alot of odd things in our sky and they cannot be explained. It's more likely they want to send a message to our entire planet. ie...Humans.

Me being from Arizona seen such things in that region however much of it may just be MIC black projects. To assume they are ET is premature imo. But i seen a few that i could not conceive as being of human origin given G forces involved. The Utah video seems like Military maybe im wrong.
edit on 15-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well all may be revealed tomorrow when @PeoplesAstro interviews the person behind the videos for Universe Today.

I've pointed Mark (@PeoplesAstro on twitter) to the main thread with all the info and videos.

Any questions you have, get on twitter and let him know.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

Technical garble?

Thats pretty wide net of disbelief to cast.

People who know a thing or two about video have weighted in with their expertise, not -technical garble- in hopes of shedding light on the subject.

Thats a good thing, not something to be dismissed because it doesn't support your world view.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
How many devils can gather on the top of a needle,
polemics due to the polemics.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Most things are recorded digitally now, so if you are looking for a vhs tape I am afraid you are going to be dissapointed. Video is either stored in the devices memory or a detachable card (i.e. SD card) but I am sure you know this. Are you looking for an SD card? Its just going to have the digital file on it. This is a very very old argument and people should never believe anyone claiming the extraordinary just because they say so, of course extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. What I find interesting about the vids, Jerusalem and Utah, is that no one is claiming anything about them. They just are what they are. Although I havent really followed the Jerusalem video closely, someone might be claiming more to the story.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Maybe the hoaxers were inspired by the Utah video so they re-created it? But there are variable differences between the 2 and obviously are not the same in origin. We have an unidentified in Utah, then a series of hoaxes following the Utah video. I look at the 2 as being unrelated. Utah UFO a message to Mormons?

Maybe they were, but that leaves very little time for premeditation and preparation of this hoax. It looked so much alike that if the video was hoaxed then he used footage from the original Utah UFO. But how can we know if he used part of the same footage? Also, you said you have talked with M. Cohen and have reasons to be suspicious. I would definitely like to follow up on this as I have tried to contact him as well. If there is a link between him and certain things then that is a lead that should be followed.

Also, being from Utah and an ex-Mormon.... I can tell you the UFO's don't care about Mormons. I have seen alot of odd things in our sky and they cannot be explained. It's more likely they want to send a message to our entire planet. ie...Humans.

YES! The amount of time between the two videos and the SIMILARITY (I dont think they are exact at all, definitely not the same video being used in both) is what I find interesting. Could it be hoaxed? Of course no doubt about it, I am sure there are plenty of people out of work with not much better to do than have a little fun in deceiving the world however the two FACTS that we know are the amount of time between the sightings and the similarity that seems to me to point to a reality....No one is claiming anything with these vids remember, they are just lights......no aliens....could be military...remember that in times of upheaval on the earth these things are sighted in greater frequency...."feeding off our energy?"

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Nitro, it's an out n out hoax.
The video editing and audio issues have been pointed out and the time delay between the so called event and the upload gives them more than enough time to fake both videos.

As for "feeding of our energy?" that's just babble lol.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This guy prints some ridiculous stories sometimes, so he may not be the best source, but this article at least has some points to bear in mind, including the "mirroring effect" built in to digital cameras.

[removed material from a banned former member]

It's against the terms and conditions to post material, by proxy, of banned former ATS members.

edit on 15-2-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
This guy prints some ridiculous stories sometimes, so he may not be the best source, but this article at least has some points to bear in mind, including the "mirroring effect" built in to digital cameras.

He's lying.

The "mirror" special effect in digital video cameras is intended for creating a vertical reflection in footage such as this: www.youtube.com...

It's NOT something that will tile a horizontal reflection, on the sides, that moves relative to the x/y axis of the source material. The only effect known to produce such a horizontal reflection that remains relative to the source plane is anti-shake and/or add-shake plug-ins and effects.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by StarblazerUK

Thats fine that the video is a hoax. It has that "too good to be true" quality about it, not to the extent of the "drone" pics or Billy Meier, and some of the other clearly B.S. vids out in cyberspace. Since it is just lights and not a solid craft it is more intriguing than if it was during the day since than it would REALLY be to good to be true. however lets just say a ufo did hover over the Dome of the Rock for whatever reason (alien motives are possibly impossible for the human brain to understand) what would it look like? Star destroyer or the millenium falcon?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

the original file has information embedded at the time of recording. We can check this information matches the claims made.
edit on 15-2-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Me thinks Cohen is trying to hard to push this as if it was real.

Add that to the fact he said none of the witnesses are speaking, yet one of the guys behind it is being interviewed tomorrow for Universe Today.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Wow. Color me impressed.

One thing I am quickly learning on ATS is that we really, really need to question what we see and hear. As an old guy, I already know this, but when it comes to the conspiracy or UFO-type stuff there are people who seemingly will do just about anything to make their case.

Thanks for taking the time to put that video together SO! I really do appreciate the effort.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
IThe believers preach of disinfo agents, cover ups yet they are in fact what they have grown to bec0me fear and loathe. The irony.

Are you claiming to have studied this subject? You think there has been no cover up? Get with the program, that is so misleading. If you have studied this topic with an open mind you know for a fact there have been cover ups left, right and centre. This field has been awash with disinformation.

You also don't have to be a believer (in aliens being behind it) to know that there is a cover up. Don't be fooled readers. If someone is well informed and claims there is no cover-up then be suspicious.

Google Video Link

edit on 15/2/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by nitro67

the original file has information embedded at the time of recording. We can check this information matches the claims made.
edit on 15-2-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

Indeed, which is why I have asked the person who is doing the interview with the person that claims to be behind this, to supply the raw footage and phone for analysis

What's betting it doesn't get handed over or there is an excuse like "It's currently being checked out by a friend who runs a lab to analyse these sorts of things".

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
reply to post by redoubt

So, because you cannot argue the evidence, explain why the Jerusalem video depicts a real event or how the evidence that it is a hoax can be explained does not in fact, you instead rely on special-pleading red-herring arguments. Condensed, your argument is "Evidence does not matter, if something is debunked, it is because of a conspiracy".

Redoubt: 1

Critical Thinking: 0

Put the skillet down and relax. My point was, and is, that the evidence does not demand that because something CAN be done, that it MUST be done.

Insult me as you please. I will take it each and every time as a compliment because... I was not trying to argue anything. I merely stated the obvious. If the obvious is a problem, then it must have hit home somewhere

You may, at your pleasure, believe as you choose.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
One UFO came flying and was chased away, as at the STS 48,
they cannot be ... but I cannot be sure what happens.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by StarblazerUK

What kind of info? Time and date? Could that not be altered? I honestly do not know.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

We'll see won't we? or will we? My guess is that this interview tomorrow will either prove it further as a hoax or just be something and nothing. Without the original footage and the phone, nothing can be checked precisely, but what has been shown as evidence against it being a UFO and more of a hoax, is more forthcoming than witnesses and other footage that hasn't been CGI'd or otherwise.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

You failed to get the point, believers pull the "disinfo agent" card any time something gets debunked even when it is clearly a hoax. Did i say there is no cover up ? No you are taking things out of context here. Yes there is a cover up, however this Jerusalem hoax is just that. No need for a cover up of something that is fake. The roswell cover up is an example of an obvious cover up no question. Not even comparable to this hoax. Im saying the disinfo agent, paid debunker cop out is played out here and abroad in these circles.

If i had a penny for every time i have been called a disinfo agent, paid debunker i would retire and buy a huge house down the road from Steven Greers mansion running on free energy

I am im a knower... unlike a believer i know something is going on. Believer to me suggest i treat the subject religiously that i believe in UFO's rather instead of UFO's. So in knowing something is interacting with human kind "not at liberty to claim what" i have no need to project such worship of alien's on to pseudo skeptic or knower. That is what is going on today in these times people see this debunking as a threat to their UFO religion cult. You have to roll with the punches when it comes to hoaxes if you are going to last in the subject. I have been researching for a few decades now and I am comfortable that I know enough to know UF0 is reality. And debunkers wont change that. Debunking is the responsible thing to do. It is part of the process... bear that in mind believers.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join