It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dome Of The Rock UFO: Hoaxes Are Easy - Extended Discussion.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

This is exactly why in the past, I have been outspoken about the people who say " show us the video, or it never happened " and mean it ! As time goes on, you will be unable to trust anything which you see on a recording

thats why you should always ask for the original raw footage to prove its genuine. Lets see the result when they dont/cant provide that

Haiti ufo : no raw footage provided = hoax
Alien autopsy : no raw footage provided = hoax
jerusalem : no raw footage provided = hoax
Fishing boat ufo: no raw footage provided = hoax

The reason i never even posted in the jerusalem threads was becuase there was never anything interesting about it . No raw footage = ????
edit on 15-2-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AtruthGuy

I dont want to believe that magical creatures are raping humans at all. Typical arrogance by someone who knows nothing about ufos other than the jokes made by stand up comics and south park. IF you have a genuine interest in the phenomena I suggest you read some books by Jacques Vallee. www.jacquesvallee.net... Dimensions is excellent as well as Messengers of Deception. The man is not trying to pull the wool over any ones eyes. He was, still is, very interested in ufos and has plenty of scientific credentials to be able to look at the phenomena with a logical mind while not being so close minded as to dismiss all incredible accounts just because they are incredible. He actually took the time to talk to the people claiming sightings, not just make fun of them, which is very easy to do.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

People who blog online saying they have a degree and then debunk something doesn't count for #. You ignore what you want and speak in facts.

Let me say it again, IT IS NOT A FACT that the Jerusalem UFO is a hoax. Possible but NOT FACT.

I strongly disagree, the people that did the debunking were obviously not noobs and novice to video analysis. They knew what they were talking about obviously. Maybe we should start posting our degrees and credentials then? The debunking was done scientifically. To the lunatic fringe they would say "the paid debunkers are covering it up" i could imagine. The debunking was done by skeptics and believers alike with a common interest in pursuit of truth. You debunk what you can and what left standing could be considered as an instance of evidence of something. In this case the videos were obliterated with simple tools, it did not need a professor to see what was manipulated. If it slithers like a snake and it hisses like a snake it must be.. an elephant right?

It is the believers that ignore what they want. Sadly if a University debunked the hoax videos the believers would then want a second opinion. It does not even take a community college to debunk the series of mentioned hoax videos.
edit on 15-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

People who blog online saying they have a degree and then debunk something doesn't count for #. You ignore what you want and speak in facts.

Let me say it again, IT IS NOT A FACT that the Jerusalem UFO is a hoax. Possible but NOT FACT.

Space.com: Hoax in the Holy Land: Jerusalem UFO a Proven Fake

FoxNews: Dome of the Rock UFO Just a Marketing Stunt?

Discovery.com: Jerusalem UFO 'Almost Certainly a Hoax'

AOL News: Close-Up Video Casts Doubt on Jerusalem UFO

UFO Eyes: Overly symmetrical lights tell us the Jerusalem UFO is a hoax

If you read through those articles (and Skeptic Overlord's analysis), the people who think this is a hoax are making a good argument.

edit on 15-2-2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nitro67

I dont want to believe that magical creatures are raping humans at all. Typical arrogance by someone who knows nothing about ufos other than the jokes made by stand up comics and south park. IF you have a genuine interest in the phenomena I suggest you read some books by Jacques Vallee. www.jacquesvallee.net... Dimensions is excellent as well as Messengers of Deception.

Cause you read a book that does not make it true. That makes YOU gullible.

Its the Glenn Beck/ Foxnews marketing tool. "We are the only ones that tell the truth believe us! Everyone else is lying."

Sadly people fall for it.

I'm going write a book about reptillians get a few puppets to use in pictures.. a few toy ufo's and

It will be a best seller!
edit on 15-2-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Space.com: Hoax in the Holy Land: Jerusalem UFO a Proven Fake

FoxNews: Dome of the Rock UFO Just a Marketing Stunt?

Discovery.com: Jerusalem UFO 'Almost Certainly a Hoax'

AOL News: Close-Up Video Casts Doubt on Jerusalem UFO

If you read through those articles (and Skeptic Overlord's analysis), the people who think this is a hoax are making a good argument.
edit on 15-2-2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

BUT HE WANTS TO BELIEVE!

Next argument those sites are disinfo agents paid by the government/CIA...I see it coming in 3...2....1

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

According to some of the posters on other sites, the guy who was involved with making them confirmed they were hoaxes. I'm trying to find a source, which supports what they are saying.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Jacquee Vallee is not pushing any theory in his books. He looks at a lot of different aspects of the phenomena and explores them all in depth, including the psy-op idea that they are all created by humans using psychotronic weapons...Dont get me wrong, I have no clue as to whats really going on here, seriously. I will never claim to. I find it fascinating and enjoy reading about the subject. I think if you are interested in the subject and have not already come to the conclusion that since you haven't witnessed one that it cant be real than read the mans books, thats all.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

According to some of the posters on other sites, the guy who was involved with making them confirmed they were hoaxes. I'm trying to find a source, which supports what they are saying.

if it was Cohen it would not surprise me at all...

I remember when these videos first hit the net there were a few sites claiming Cohen and eligael (the guy who uploaded the video) were close friends.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Are you efffing kidding me?? LOL @ all those news sources that used the same utube video as there debunking tool and at the same time none of them could say they KNEW for sure it was a hoax.
Of course it's a hoax in the MSM..... it's always been that way. Anytime the MSM does have a piece on UFOs it's usually accompanied with laughter and humor.
NONE of you would be good at working for the government.... if fact you would all suck... because you don't have a damn clue as how to cover something up, or promote a lie, or persuade..... and on and on....
Atleast I can acknowledge that it's "possibly" a hoax..... whereas you people have already been persuaded through technical garble that it is a hoax.
edit on 15-2-2011 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Another bullying match.

This thread has done nothing but further confuse the members...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

He must be a planted CIA agent posing as the creator of the videos

BECAUSE THE VIDEOS ARE REAL hoaxes

The only question remains what was the motive, agenda and was there another party involved with a certain hoax tabloid site

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

you are funny

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
No one still wants to touch the Utah vid? That one may be more interesting now that so many have declared the Jerusalem vid a hoax.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtruthGuy

if it was Cohen it would not surprise me at all...

I remember when these videos first hit the net there were a few sites claiming Cohen and eligael (the guy who uploaded the video) were close friends.

I talked to Cohen and played good cop bad cop, what he told me was more then suspect. Cohen told me he has been to that area and he speaks the language yet he is Australian. He claims he is the only person in contact with the user eligael . Then eligael remains exclusive to ANW. Also Cohen claims he had a dream about the UFO so he went to youtube and was first on the scene. With all these coincidences one can only guess that is the case. Now we just need confirmation they know each other.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nitro67
No one still wants to touch the Utah vid? That one may be more interesting now that so many have declared the Jerusalem vid a hoax.

Maybe the hoaxers were inspired by the Utah video so they re-created it? But there are variable differences between the 2 and obviously are not the same in origin. We have an unidentified in Utah, then a series of hoaxes following the Utah video. I look at the 2 as being unrelated.

Utah UFO a message to Mormons?

HEADLINES: Baby Joseph Smith, Jr. found with golden plates

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It's impossible to 100 percent trust videos of UFO, but the original video was rather convincing, and as yet no one has reproduced all three views at the same time. That was the original challenge. I almost don't even care about this issue but it keeps popping up so I might as well keep adding that the 3 views has still not been duplicated. Also, I wonder if the camera man/men come forward. I'm sure there is some way to figure out their names, and knowing more about the people who took the shot we can figure out if it is a hoax or not.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Maybe the hoaxers were inspired by the Utah video so they re-created it? But there are variable differences between the 2 and obviously are not the same in origin. We have an unidentified in Utah, then a series of hoaxes following the Utah video. I look at the 2 as being unrelated. Utah UFO a message to Mormons?

Maybe they were, but that leaves very little time for premeditation and preparation of this hoax. It looked so much alike that if the video was hoaxed then he used footage from the original Utah UFO. But how can we know if he used part of the same footage? Also, you said you have talked with M. Cohen and have reasons to be suspicious. I would definitely like to follow up on this as I have tried to contact him as well. If there is a link between him and certain things then that is a lead that should be followed.

Also, being from Utah and an ex-Mormon.... I can tell you the UFO's don't care about Mormons. I have seen alot of odd things in our sky and they cannot be explained. It's more likely they want to send a message to our entire planet. ie...Humans.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

so what? its been said but even if you could recreate any event with cgi it doesnt prove the original event was cgi.

The people posting their vids to youtube are making the claim. Its up to them to prove the footage is legit. They can easily do this by providing the original raw footage but they dont, oh and they dont collect the millions of $ in media rights this would be worth , and they dont collect the nobel prize either... i wonder why?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Just because you can recreate something caught on tape doesn’t necessarily mean that it didn’t happen. And that’s all I have to say about that.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join