It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dome Of The Rock UFO: Hoaxes Are Easy - Extended Discussion.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Agarta
I have also heard that there were witnesses on the ground(unverified) if this is true (whether it was a hologram or not) it shows A location choice. My question is why?

Thus far, no independent source has provided information about eyewitnesses who are not connected to the parties who created the hoax videos.

As to the location, I'm sure it's a combination of two factors:
1) A controversial and identifiable landmark
2) A landmark with a wealth of online photos to use as backdrops in the videos

The McMinnville UFO I don't think was ever corroborated properly.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

If aliens are visiting us, and the government is trying to cover it up, and they are NOT hiring disinfo agents to influence the minds of people on message boards...
well, they're retarded

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hootlj

If aliens are visiting us, and the government is trying to cover it up, and they are NOT hiring disinfo agents to influence the minds of people on message boards...
well, they're retarded

Well that would be a pretty obsolete method of enforcing cover up. People are going to believe what they will. Either you believe that UFO's are a real phenomena "that is pretty obvious" or you don't and prefer to ignore the facts. The cat is out of the bag, it has been out of the bag for decades now. There is too much to the subject to hide. If the PTB payrolled "agent" to swey opinion on internet message boards then that is a pretty inefficient way of going about it.

If you could produce a pay stub and list of "disinfo ops" that would be great.

All they would have to do is infiltrate forum staff and sensor what is said. Here you have freedom of speech, nobody is arguing the validity UFO subject as a whole. Nobody is imposing disbelief in the UFO subject. Nobody is covering up the Jerusalem story. However you will encounter know-it-all's in these circles that come off as intimidating or deceiving. That just comes with the territory, the fact is most of the people that have dissected this hoax know that UFO's are a real phenomena. They are on the side of truth "most of them" and are not willing to invest in to any UFO story without finding what makes it tick.

The issue is certain people base everything on belief alone when it comes to any UFO story. When proven wrong they react in such a way, like when a child is forced to sip caster oil making a squished face. The truth can leave a bad taste in your mouth.

I use to be like that "the disinfo agents are holding me down" lol

The "man" has other ways of covering up things of this nature.

This is a HOAX

It is what it is
edit on 17-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I was going to write up a lengthy reply to skepticoverlord, but you just did such an amazing job or summarizing all the blatant flaws.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
Well that would be a pretty obsolete method of enforcing cover up. People are going to believe what they will. Either you believe that UFO's are a real phenomena "that is pretty obvious" or you don't and prefer to ignore the facts. The cat is out of the bag, it has been out of the bag for decades now. There is too much to the subject to hide. If the PTB payrolled "agent" to swey opinion on internet message boards then that is a pretty inefficient way of going about it.

If one reads the literature on the subject, especially when it comes to disinformation associated with UFOs, the most effective disinfo is that which agrees with the beliefs of the targets not that disagrees with them. People are more willing to accept that which fits their world-view, not that which is contrary to it. Disinfo does not seek your disbelief but fosters what beliefs you already have.

If you could produce a pay stub and list of "disinfo ops" that would be great.

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
However you will encounter know-it-all's in these circles that come off as intimidating or deceiving.

And such people would make the most effective disinfo agents. They demand belief, no matter what the facts may be. They are the ones who, when the case was exposed as a hoax, wanted to talk about anything else, to prove the Jerusalem video as real by proxy, or accusing those who argue it to be a hoax as "disinfo agents."

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

people's beliefs are rarely all that original, they usually are just influenced over time.

it's possible for a government(s) or business(s) to have multiple tactics and strategies to hide or confuse the truth, not just one, and different ones would be more major

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hootlj

You attribute far too much foresight, intelligence, and calculated patience to the "government".

If "we" have learned anything as a result of proving and speculated on conspiracy theories, it's that the vast majority of "government" agencies are either too inept or lack the long-term attention span to accomplish what you suggest.

This is not to say there are not provocateurs who attempt to influence public opinion online and off. However, such occurrences are most likely short-lived with specific tasks that are assigned; not a broad-stroke campaign to obfuscate something such as UFO sightings.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Unknown Soldier

All you need to see is the name" Disinfo agent anyone?"

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

If one reads the literature on the subject, especially when it comes to disinformation associated with UFOs, the most effective disinfo is that which agrees with the beliefs of the targets not that disagrees with them. People are more willing to accept that which fits their world-view, not that which is contrary to it. Disinfo does not seek your disbelief but fosters what beliefs you already have.

Exactly! In reality, the people yelling disinfo agent! at people who are skeptical of outrageous claims might very well be the real disinfo agents.

A common disinformation tactic is to mix some truth and observation with false conclusions and lies, or to reveal part of the truth while presenting it as the whole (a limited hangout). Source

Sounds a lot like conspiracy theory doesn't it? Of course, many conspiracy theorists are just plain ignorant.

edit on 18-2-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
?

Although I do admit the idea of adding a skit to the fourth vid for no good reason sounds like total bull.
Skepticoverlord, your recreation BLOWS!!! This Michael Cohen fellow seems to put a lot into this video. If proven a liar, who the hell would believe this man about anything again? Would he wiilingly be putting his credibility on the line for something like this? I dont know anything about the man, has he been involved with other proven hoaxes? if so what were they
edit on 18-2-2011 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nitro67
Skepticoverlord, your recreation BLOWS!!!

Actually it is quite good, looking just like the original. If SkepticOverlord had wished, he could have put it on YouTube and you would have been in here telling us it is more evidence that the Jerusalem UFO video is real.

It says something that the only people saying SkepticOverlord's recreation is poor are the same people who refuse to accept that the Jerusalem event is a hoax.

Originally posted by nitro67Would he wiilingly be putting his credibility on the line for something like this? I dont know anything about the man, has he been involved with other proven hoaxes?

Michael Cohen's audience is not the world-at-large but particular people with a particular mindset. His credibility is not on the line with that audience. He knows that despite whatever evidence there is to the contrary, no matter how overwhelming, that audience, people like you, belief-flush and critical-thinking-poor, will always believe him.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Why did Skeptic use editing as the reason for the hoax but then produce a recreation that uses a still,a light and a shaky camera?

Why didn't he use editing with his 20 years of editing experience?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

you over-simply and underestimate the government, which is hardly one entity/organization - it is way more intricate than that. if a single corporate-like entity employing far less employees can have highly varying levels of competence and power (non transparent) throughout departments and levels ... so can a much more intricate, and consequence-burdened government with much more at stake

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed

Why did Skeptic use editing as the reason for the hoax but then produce a recreation that uses a still,a light and a shaky camera?

Why didn't he use editing with his 20 years of editing experience?

I fail to see your point. I also doubt you even have one, aside from a grasping at straws.

Such issues have already been discussed, ad nauseum. I suspect you have not been paying attention.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Do you guys think that maybe Yuli Cohen, one of the four kids in video 4, is related to Michael Cohen?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm more inclined to think that the government can't keep anything secret any more. Especially anything that is do to with UFO's. The vast majority of UFO experiences have been reported by the public and in all honesty, I don't think the government has the technology to be able to blow one out of the sky, I don't believe aliens would be incompetent enough to crash and nor do I think that if they were visiting, they would hide it in any way, shape or form. If anything the only intelligence that UFO's could possibly have is as harvesters of information and resources. I'd bet on intelligent computers getting here before life forms.

I suspect the government has covered up things in the past that were not alien, but foreign objects of interest, spy drones and such, way before they were known about. I suspect that most the things we see in the sky's these days would be the same only a lot more advanced. There are however some that I have no Idea on and that's cool, i'm not bothered by it, i'll find out when the time comes or if i feel i have the spare time to warrent searching more into it.

There's more to the universe than we know....I don't discount life on other planets in varying solar systems universe wide, i'm just not so sure that in a haystack of suns, our earth would be important or visible enough to be able to find, let alone visit on what seems like a weekly basis, so many different types?

Humans have a good imagination, it's what makes us what we are, with out it, life would be boring...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by StarblazerUK

Is that interview up yet?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumDisciple

Do you guys think that maybe Yuli Cohen, one of the four kids in video 4, is related to Michael Cohen?

Cohen has lived in that area, speaks the language as he stated. Im sure he knew eligael previously just a gut feeling. Since he was first on the scene and remains exclusive to MC and ANW it is fairly obvious. YES i would bet this was a group effort. Since all the videos are hoaxed leads me to think it was coordinated by mastermind MC ANW Hoaxer. Still eager to see that interview.
edit on 18-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

As far as I'm aware, the interview has been done, it is with the publishers of the website which as soon as I get the link to give you, I shall. It's a waiting game unfortunately and the only thing i've got out of the interviewer is that it is "Interesting" which we all know could mean jack poop, so, as soon as I know, I shall post it here.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by StarblazerUK

There's plenty the government can't keep secret of anymore...just search the Internet...but there may be benefits to keeping things "mostly" secret, or letting fringe sites publish the truth and be associated with it. People are more sheeply than they realize I think...unless people get the story straight from government or Fox News, they have trouble trusting their own critical thinking abilities when looking at research and evidence and claims on internet.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join