It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we as Americans so ignorant and lazy!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
With all of these protests around the globe I look and watch in such envy! Why can't most Americans protest and fight for what we believe in? Why do we all just take what happens !!! Its disgusting!!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by syncelebrity

Because your Government have you Doped

edit on 14/2/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Because it would interfere with American Idol and the Bachelor. If you want a revolution you have to pick a day that those two shows don't air.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The first step is getting out there yourself and doing it. Then next time, bring some friends. After that, have them bring their friends. Then they bring their friends, and so on and so on. Before you know it, you've got huge crowds of people going after the change they want. It all has to be started by somebody.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Be careful what you wish for.

In America, we won't be throwing stones at each other in the event of a revolution.

Catch my drift?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Because Thier Government have them Doped

This is 100% truth...Thy have us on so much $hit it's a wonder we can even get around.....

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

We Americans are not in the same position as those who are protesting. At this point most Americans are either content or they are convinced they are content. Until more freedoms are taken away and abuse from the government increase you will not see these types of events happening. Life is about perception, and the majority of Americans still perceive there life as decent.You can call it ignorant if you want but it is what it is.
My opinion is that once the majority of the people that were once middle class realize that they are now in the lower class then these types of events will began. Food seems to be a big factor in alot of the stability problems, the majority of Americans still have food on the table, and although poverty is increasing here it is nothing like some of the third world countries we are watching on the news right now.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
there was, it was called the civil war. but what are revolting against. you pretty much have everything you want.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
Be careful what you wish for.

In America, we won't be throwing stones at each other in the event of a revolution.

Catch my drift?

I caught your drift. Darned right.

The comment about American Idol et al was dead on the money: remember, the Romans kept their populace enthralled with bread and circuses - government doles and mindless, and increasingly more violent spectacles.

It worked for a while.

Until Roman society was not fit to field soldiers who could defend it anymore, and turned to mercenaries with no vested interest in Roman society beyond the gold they were paid.

edit on 14-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I agree with you all but we really don't have as much freedom as we think and it sucks!!! thanks for the replies I would just love to see change. I also am thinking of somehow starting protests but have a lot of planning.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rbilly001

Exactly.

Wait until people are starving. Watch America devolve instantly.

Consider the large quantities of armaments in the US (no, I am not endorsing gun control - just stating reality) and any civil unrest would become very ugly, very quickly.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Because we're too busy waiting in line at Starbucks. Too busy working three jobs and paying taxes to the government. Too busy pulling our car in the garage and popping open a beer in the living room in front of the TV.

We are slaves.

See the government as a giant furnace...and us peons must keep feeding it...shoveling in the coal.

That's our job now. And everyone is too busy to notice.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Hey if you dont like the USA your free to leave anytime,I hear Haiti is nice this time of year.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbilly001

We Americans are not in the same position as those who are protesting. At this point most Americans are either content or they are convinced they are content. Until more freedoms are taken away and abuse from the government increase you will not see these types of events happening. Life is about perception, and the majority of Americans still perceive there life as decent.You can call it ignorant if you want but it is what it is.
My opinion is that once the majority of the people that were once middle class realize that they are now in the lower class then these types of events will began. Food seems to be a big factor in alot of the stability problems, the majority of Americans still have food on the table, and although poverty is increasing here it is nothing like some of the third world countries we are watching on the news right now.

Suppose there is a revolution and protests in the USA? Suppose Ahmadinejad praises your courage? Will Hilary Clinton screech and scream, or will she say "Fair enough, I did the same?"
Having heard on the news all day, about the USA's latest bout of butt-insky-ness, I found it amusing to ask myself that question - as Iran is an official enemy nation of yours..
V.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
People dont have the morals the used to.Everyone wants something handed to them.We as a people are being tought its ok to sit on our ass and be nothing.If we complain enuff about it someone else will change it.

Pathetic if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Who the hell you calling lazy?

If it wasn't so much work I would type a long response letting you know whats what!

Gotta go now, I'm wore out from all this arguing.

top topics

join