It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the oldest known written knowledge is from Sumeria why is it not important to understand.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I see lots of data in reference to Zecharia Sitchin and always see it being debunked or called fairy tail. If he is the best known decipher of these ancient text, why are they not taken more serious. There is information from that time period that has made it into many of the CURRENT great text. So I say when there are topics related to the Sumerian text why are they not taken more serious.
I except the potential that some may have better data and don't share

But what is amazing is how anything related to what he felt he found to be true is usually overlooked as fairy tell ect. (in relation to Mammalians and Reptilians-Planet X).

The man tried to share what he could with his species hoping he would have been heard. And his very own species makes jokes of him. I think it is rooted with fear and denial of reality and the potentials of ET/Aliens existing however viewed (good/bad).

If current color blue was called red in past and in past red was called yellow. Then is blue not yellow??????? SMH

So again. If the oldest known written knowledge is from Sumeria why is it not important to understand.
Is there a more ancient witten knowledge and if not why is it not common knowledge to study the past not to make similar mistakes.

edit on 2/14/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

One of Earths Elder stories. If you studied you may notice. Enkidu?
The Epic of Gilgamesh is, perhaps, the oldest written story on Earth. It comes to us from Ancient Sumeria, and was originally written on 12 clay tablets in cuneiform script. It is about the adventures of the historical King of Uruk (somewhere between 2750 and 2500 BCE).

The translator chose to eliminate Tablet XII for personal reasons, with support from many literary, archaeological, and linguistic experts because it appears to be more of a sequel to the first 11 tablets, containing a story about Enkidu volunteering to retrieve some objects that Gilgamesh dropped into the Netherworld.

This translation is based on the "standard" Akkadian "edition", but is filled in with excerpts from the Old Babylonian where necessary.

www.ancienttexts.org...

edit on 2/14/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

You do mean "Sumeria", not "Samaria", don't you?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
PS

It is important.
line 2 is "Gilgamesh".

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Yes my spell check changed it. Good catch.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I always wondered this myself.

They sure as heck made sure to decypher the Egyptian texts but not Sumerian. He seemed to be the only one who really dedicated any time to it. I don't know what to think on his findings but i do find them interesting.

I always found Sumeria to be very interesting and wish we knew more about what they were talking about.

IDK maybe he was telling the truth and someone didn't like that?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Zecharia Stitchin was an amazing man. The evidence he compiled to support his claims are astonishing! He even has found an alien body/ DNA in a museum in the UK! Hard evidence people!!! I read one of his most recent works , "There were giants upon the earth." And it blew me away!! The Epic of Gilgamesh and Enoch's visitations are amazing as well! Sumerian text should be much more respected as it is the first form of writing! I even got a tattoo in Sumerian text / cuneiform!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

History will never be understood as the waters are just simply to muddy to make anything of it. Of course the only things that can be "claimed factual history are things of an extremely mundane and boring nature such as trade, bartering, clothing, foods, diets, shelters, etc...

Evidence could suggest a million different alternative histories but they won't gain the support of mainstream academics as there require tons of speculation.

This is why history in school puts you to sleep quicker than a Lunesta-NyQuil cocktail. The only things they are willing to teach are the very mundane factual things they know for a fact took place and were a part of history.

Sumeria is probably avoided because a lot of the history implies some things that can't possibly be concluded as factual...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

IDK maybe he was telling the truth and someone didn't like that?

I often wonder is that why.. To keep secrets and distract the herd..
Thanks

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by youthsavior

Thanks and I have got to check out the remains found. He really seemed to have a passion and even if he was 50% to 60% correct then that is still a foundation for those who care to start from and find more.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

History will never be understood as the waters are just simply to muddy to make anything of it. Of course the only things that can be "claimed factual history are things of an extremely mundane and boring nature such as trade, bartering, clothing, foods, diets, shelters, etc...

This is really sad. So as long as things seem to far from reality even if they are reality the herd has been conditioned to except what is fed to them as normal. Even tho many may not know I hope the govz. know whats up, atleast.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Ok ALL I see things are beginnig to flow with the thread feel free to add more if you may. Take care check back soon.
Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It is a very important period in history being the oldest recorded language we know, although some reports of the age of some pyramids go back to 6,000 - 10,000 BC. There are also references to UFO's and other far out stuff in ancient Sumeria culture. That is probably the reason for trying to put it away, all UFO and ET stuff gets covered up or ridiculed in the main stream. It does seam like things are gradually changing but it is taking a long time and has a lot of resistance. From some of the stories going on about it you can see why.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I am fascinated by the Sumerian texts. I am unsure which to believe - the Enki tablets or The Terra Papers - as far as the story surrounding the creation of Human Beings - but the two align perfectly as it relates to us being created by Ea. So, though the true history is unclear (I lean towards The Terra Papers), the idea that we were genetically modified using some of Ea's DNA essence has marvelous support.

new topics

top topics

join