It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

too close to the edge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The world is like a knife. You can hold the handle or you can take your life. Looks so pretty to the eye but pushed near the edge and ready to die. Ridge to ridge so serrated, slit your wrist and things get faded. And I have no control, which I’ve hated, The dullest life, yet capable to be jaded.
Have to take it, no matter what I feel true.
The tears I can’t fake it; the red blood may run blue.
And no matter what they tell to you, in the end they say the hell with you and still feel true, so I must do what I must do.
God get me out of this messed up pit, every voice I hear is filled with #, seeming no end and no less of it.
What is this you are putting on my shoulders? I stand on this earth but no more dodging the boulders of this dream? I wish then I’d bother to miss a thing, or so it might seem.
Everything appears to go right past me and I know they wouldn’t ask me what I was doing or if I am crazy. If so, I’d say yes, so are you, isn’t that amazing? You vision isn’t dazing? And there is no change to the way I perceive, and why would you care what I truly believe?
You’ve got your problems. I’ve got mine but can not solve them. I used to wish I could dissolve them, but as I glance into your vision and notice you never really listened, I’ll just be another one that came up missing.
So maybe now you’ll feel the point, or maybe not just hit your joint. I’ll hit mine too. Reached for the skies, but never once flew.
Can’t stand this planet, from its surface I can’t break away. But a life everyone knows, razors, blood flows, so easy to take away.

-jkidd 8/12/01

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The read is enjoyable in that it feels 'right', but using even one lame-ass censored word (that rhymes with knit) can cause problems, while circumventing them can cause even bigger ones.

Best to abide by the T&C's as much as possible.

Cheers and welcome to the ATS writing forums.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

thank you masqua, and i will most certainly keep that in mind. and thank you for showing me how to post some of my stuff here

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

Nice, nice, nice.

new topics

top topics

join