It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

67% of Pakistani journalists say US drones attacks are acts of terrorism: survey

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Not only that, the Taliban are going around killing "spies" "traitors" who provided intel that kills innocent Taliban!!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
it's no different than the people that order suicide attacks it's just a lil more high tech...and i say the people because I don't know who's behind the funding and training and shooting of the video's. They very well could be all black ops causing pandemonium for project blue beam to be more effective...to me it makes sense to train, fund and commit Terrorist acts from all angles on all society's if the goal was to scare the world into unifying into a 1 world order.. So yes I think the Military is commiting terrorist acts on the good people of other nations..We'll see in Octoberish if it is as it seems

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Yes, we more than likely would be reacting in much the same way. We'd be shooting those suckers out of the sky and declaring war on everyone.

Killing innocent people to get at what we think might be a bad guy? So now we're basically in the assassination business, but we're sloppy assassins at that. Not something that makes a person proud. This is really technically declaring war on Pakistan, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Not only that, the Taliban are going around killing "spies" "traitors" who provided intel that kills innocent Taliban!!

HEY!

Don't try to derail this thread with FACTS!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

When they arent busy blowing up buildings for having the audacity to teach girls in them. www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Killing innocent people to get at what we think might be a bad guy? So now we're basically in the assassination business, but we're sloppy assassins at that. Not something that makes a person proud. This is really technically declaring war on Pakistan, isn't it?

True but also for every innocent they kill they create 10 more terrorists..
Mere economics to them..

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

IMHO
Unfortunately like the germans, the us peeps while pay the price for the things done in their name
unless they fix it before someone else has to...

However I think when Americans get around to trying to fix this...
they may find out about these same drones first hand.

Yeah there sure is going to be a price to pay.

I wonder what all the rambo wan-na-bees and war mongerers are going to do when that starts happening.

I love the dual standards in not just the word games but the perception game.

If a bottle flies at a G-20 protest or a dumpster gets set on fire, the protestors are anarchist vandals who deserve the police beating they get.

If a bottle flies in Theran or a dumpster gets set on fire, the protestors are just 'responding' to an oppressive police state in an heroic struggle.

This world is so bent it boggles the imagination.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by ~Lucidity

True but also for every innocent they kill they create 10 more terrorists..
Mere economics to them..

When NATO forces, or the US, kills a poor helpless innocent Taliban, we create 10 more terrorists. Ok …. I think I can grasp that concept.

So when the Taliban bomb a school, or a market, or decide to kill every female in a village who has ever tried on mascara, what does that create? Does it create another terrorist? Does it create 10 NATO troops?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

But of course. How silly of me not to have mentioned that. You're so right—we've created probably tens of thousands where there used to be only a handful. I used to get my kicks doing body counts—terrorist vs terrorist, but it got to be so depressing and too much to keep track of. And it's trending up, up, up. All we have to look forward to is more retaliation in kind. That doesn't seem to bother some "leaders" in the least, does it? I guess it's up to us to stop it, but damned if I know how.

Blowback is so much fun. No wonder the weather on this planet is changing—there's been so much of it lately.
edit on 2/14/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

When NATO forces, or the US, kills a poor helpless innocent Taliban, we create 10 more terrorists. Ok …. I think I can grasp that concept.

So when the Taliban bomb a school, or a market, or decide to kill every female in a village who has ever tried on mascara, what does that create? Does it create another terrorist? Does it create 10 NATO troops?

Yep, I'm sure the Bride and all the Bridesmaids had bombs on under their wedding dresses..

Pretty sickening posts from you..I guess you are one of the "lets just glass the whole ME" crowd...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I think what everyone mis understands here, is that as long as there are bad people out there, it gives us western nations the legal authority to kill who ever we please. Women, Children, who cares?, they seem to take national identity seriously, try to maintane some sort of semblance of there culture and have probably askd for a little too much money when selling of there nations resources!!!, how dare they. Plus, they look brown, dress kinda funny and pray to all manner of pagan gods, probably dont even like Mcdonalds or taking high interest loans they can never pay back. Savages, the more we murder with our advanced technological superiority the better.

Now, some may think this is wrong, but i would like to remind those that do, you are more than likely a communist out to destroy my freedoms and dont understand that when western nations conduct international acts of terrorism, you are confused, they are infact bringing freedom and democracy to there target nations.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Since war has not been declared on Pakistan, and its territory is being bombed by another country, I'm not quite sure what other term would apply, but then again, I am no expert of international conflictual law.

Many will call me naive, and perhaps I deserve it, but I've always thought that the carrot is more effective than the stick when it comes to trying to encourage people to change their behavior.

Imagine the attitudes toward the west if the same investment we use to fight the "terrorists" were used to help the majority of those in the region who do not agree with these actions and beliefs.

I am convinced that if we spent all our money toward more nobel causes, with the threat of taking it away if certain "unfavorable" forces became overly influent, the local population would get rid of any and all "terrorists" themselves.

As an added bonus, we would be building a new potential market base who would view us very positively and "owe us one"

I know, I know... dream on.

the Billmeister

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

IMHO
Unfortunately like the germans, the us peeps while pay the price for the things done in their name
unless they fix it before someone else has to...

However I think when Americans get around to trying to fix this...
they may find out about these same drones first hand.

Yeah there sure is going to be a price to pay.

I wonder what all the rambo wan-na-bees and war mongerers are going to do when that starts happening.

I love the dual standards in not just the word games but the perception game.

If a bottle flies at a G-20 protest or a dumpster gets set on fire, the protestors are anarchist vandals who deserve the police beating they get.

If a bottle flies in Theran or a dumpster gets set on fire, the protestors are just 'responding' to an oppressive police state in an heroic struggle.

This world is so bent it boggles the imagination.

Here, do me a favor you courageous freedom fighter who tirelessly battles an oppressive police state.

Get on a plane, fly over to Iran (or North Korea, that would be fun) and try to organize a protest there. Why don’t you get off your lazy can and go speak truth to power.

What, are you afraid that they might use bullets instead of bullhorns against you? Afraid that when arrested, instead of calling the lawyer mommy and daddy have on retainer for you and being back out on the street 4 hours later, you might get beaten with rubber hoses until you pass out and bleed to death?

Man OH might! Don’t y’all just represent everything that is courageous and noble in the modern protest movement!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
]
Does it create 10 NATO troops?

No only NATO propaganda and defence spending can do that.

I love how defenders of the status quo are taking solace in equity with the Taliban, aren't we meant to be the good guys? Saving the women and children from "awful Muslim oppression".

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
And considering that these strikes often are requested by Pakistani government, or approved by Pakistanis in their military, and that these unmanned aircraft use Pakistani bases, its hard to be acts of terrorism against Pakistan, when Pakistan is a big part of these operations.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye

]
Does it create 10 NATO troops?

No only NATO propaganda and defence spending can do that.

I love how defenders of the status quo are taking solace in equity with the Taliban, aren't we meant to be the good guys? Saving the women and children from "awful Muslim oppression".

Ok, so what happens then? If we create 10 more terrorists for every one we kill, what does the Taliban create every time they kill someone?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Those journalists are Muslim.

And this is the part that Westerners simply don't get.

The "peaceful" elements of Islam do not pertain to us. There are two sets of laws in the Qur'an. One is for Muslims dealing with Muslims.

The "kill him, and everyone near him" parts of the Qur'an just happen to be the parts that deal with non-Muslims.

It's wrong to kill other Muslims, unless they're honor killings, killings of Muslims who convert, but permissible to kill non-Muslims, and so on. Oh, to ignorant Westerners, as evidenced in plenty in this thread, they play lip service to play to their ignorance of Islam.

Of course they believe that (Westerner/Non-Muslim) US drone attacks (on Islamic fundamentalists) are acts of terrorism.

Non-Muslims are NEVER, EVER, permitted or justified to kill a Muslim. Not for any reason, including self-defense.

So those of you who wish to demonstrate your continued ignorance of the subject - roll on!

One day, likely in your lifetime, you'll be forced to learn some very hard lessons.

You don't step on cockroaches at every opportunity, don't be surprised when you're eventually covered in them. For those if South Florida, we can call them "Palmetto Bugs."

edit on 14-2-2011 by FarArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Do me a favor, don't ever pretend a person like me would take advice from a person like you!

The deflection game of don't focus on your own country's real problems and don't try to make your nation a better and more prosperous and functional one, because there are worse places in the world is just retarded.

Our forefathers told us we would have to water the tree of liberty from time to time with the blood of despots and tyrants, and with 600,000 laws with 340,000 of them attached to criminal penalty, nearlly 50% taxation by the state, and a state fighting ''endless war" tyranny has in fact arrived.

So who's advice should I take, a D/s BDSM wanna be dominant or psuedo wanna be English Knight, or our Forefathers who did not want us taking side in foreign conflicts or creating an empire, as they are always a road to ruin for a nation.

edit on 14/2/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

what does the Taliban create every time they kill someone?

Sadness and a financial drain on our coffers.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Would it be possible for one of the relatives of those killed or maimed to sue the US government in court for damages ?

Under what authority does the US kill these innocent people ?

Is there or has there been a declaration of war ?

I really don't know what the legal position is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join