It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we being bombed form space?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Look at this meteor or comet or W/E skipping across the atmosphere. Nasa says the NEOWISE mission just found umptteen numbers of asteroids and 20 new comets. Now their admiting a giant gaseous body? Is part of our solar system. I think we're being bombed from outer space.

edit on 14-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
the link is not good!
500 internal server error
fix it

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

Well it's fixed now!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That was awesome to watch. Is that really what a comet looks like? I've never seen anything like it. Good video! Lots of strange happenings in our skies lately, huh? Can't wait to see what's next. Good job

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Where was this video from first...
Second, I thought it was pretty in a new age kind of way up until I saw it "poof" off some of the gases, maybe something broke off? Or it went to a second stage? Looked like it was in the atmosphere the way the gasses were expanding afterward.
Third, mega extra bonus points for it being a YouTube clip of something that didn't have moic that makes the ears bleed or someone speaking through a voice changer.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That looks more like a rocket launch.

I don't see how you can blame something like that on a comet. Compare that video to this,

There is a difference.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Why is it called Niburu comet?

2nd liner.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This video gets represented as something new every couple of years. Change the title and boom it's proof of something else.

Wonder what the next one will be

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I dont think we are being intentionally bombed. But we may be getting inbetween 2 magnetic forces.

edit on 2/14/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
So where does the "were being bombed from space" bit fit in?, how did you put that together?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
damm ...
It's the same russian rocket afterburner or something...
I was so hopefull that some aliens might actually DO SOMETHING INTERESTING

well , too bad...
maybe next time...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar
reply to post by randyvs

That looks more like a rocket launch.

I don't see how you can blame something like that on a comet. Compare that video to this,

There is a difference.

Ya I realise that, but that's what the caption on you-tube said, so I tossed it in the OP. You can tell i'm not married to calling it anything really, can't you?

Rooughy!

Well I can tellyou I didn't just dream it up. I've been on top of this stuff lately. So that's the consensus really.

Watch. Go to 1:54 and forget the rest of the vid.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

well whatever THAT was.. it showered us with ??(LOVE)//??(virus's)?? space dust??

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yes we are being bombed from space dude...with bombs that don't make a sound, nor damage...super alien technology...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That would have to be one of the most spectacular clips I have ever seen, I'm in awe, the impact it made on while watching it was nothing I’ve ever felt before.

I wonder what it would have looked like looking at it from space. Surly we have enough cameras up there one of them must have captured this.

Thank You OP.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
This video gets represented as something new every couple of years. Change the title and boom it's proof of something else.

Wonder what the next one will be

How about instead of just pushing this aside and making wise cracks, you kindly give those of us who have never seen this before some more detail, since you are so wise on the subject.

Kindly explain to us what other name/titles it’s been changed to and how old the original clip is.
That would be great.

I thought ATS was about sharing information, learning and being more open minded.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Definitely looks like some sort of a rocket launch to me. Very cool video, whatever the case.

A comet doesn't appear to streak across the sky like that. They are way too far away in space, still, when they become visible. The ones I've seen looked more like a fuzzy smudge that is fixed in the sky, often for many nights or even a couple of weeks straight. From night to night it will appear to be in different parts of the sky, and I guess if you watched it for one night you could see it move in relation to the stars in the sky, but I never bothered to watch one for that long.
edit on 2/14/2011 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Definitely a rocket launch. The event at 0:34 is the rocket dropping its first stage while the second stage ignites.

Notice the smoke trail at the beginning: it's thin down low and then becomes wider. This is because when a rocket first launches from the Earth's surface, the thick atmosphere causes the exhaust to form a long, hot, narrow column. As the air thins with altitude, the exhaust plume spreads-out more and more. You can see the same effect it in this video:

In this clip, the expansion starts to become obvious at T+1:40.
At T+2:20 the air becomes so rarified that the exhaust is no longer incandescent as it leaves the nozzles, and it just appears sooty (the first stage fuel, in this case, is kerosene).
At T+2:43. staging occurs. In this case, the second stage fuel is liquid hydrogen, so we no longer see any sooty exhaust after staging (the Space Shuttle main engines use the same stuff, and leaves no visible exhaust).

The rocket in the OP video apparently uses the same or similar fuel in the first & second stage, since the exhaust of both are visible. Note that the launch occurs in twilight, so the rocket rises high enough for the sun to light-up the exhaust against the dark sky.

Hope this helps.

Btw, beautiful video!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
this video is OLD news. Its a minotaur rocket.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

If we are being bombed from outer space, they are doing a pretty terrible job.

And I'm also pretty sure I've seen that video before, and it would proven to be a regular terrestrial rocket. How does this transform in to aliens bombing us?

<<   2 >>

join