It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you do not know the truth about reality and God and you are wanting to know, then this thread is

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Golden Boy

You're making way too much sense and being far too logical.

This is your last warning.

edit on 14-2-2011 by WickettheRabbit because: It's full of stars.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by warbird03

It is usually the case that animals get back into contentment quicker than humans, but there are some humans that are happy-go-lucky, and they get in quick fast, and there are some grumpy animals that don't get there so fast. So it is usually the case, not always.

But what I'm getting at is how do you know? What evidence do you have that most animals are even content to begin with? I'm not even sure what you mean by content because the definition is "satisfied with what one is or has; not wanting more or anything else" which doesn't really fit with what you're saying.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

edit on 14-2-2011 by WickettheRabbit because: It's full of stars.

You are the only person I've met who knows that quote.

You are my new favorite person.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I gave my definition of contentment in the original post. It also explains how I know that animals are more content to begin with.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I gave my definition of contentment in the original post. It also explains how I know that animals are more content to begin with.

Yeah, sure, you said contentment is a high frequency. That's really not at all what contentment is. Perhaps "happiness" would have fit better, but even then it's not quite right.

You say you know animals are content because they have no language to criticize eachother with and don't remember things very well. First of all, there is plenty of evidence that points to the opposite of what you said about their memory. As for language, I'd say it's pretty obvious that most species of animals communicate with eachother pretty well. They don't use criticism, though. They use fear and aggression in it's place. Then again, look at dolphins. They're extremely smart, with some evidence pointing to them being nearly as smart as people. Does that mean they're unhappy or discontent because they're relatively smart?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03

Yeah, sure, you said contentment is a high frequency. That's really not at all what contentment is. Perhaps "happiness" would have fit better, but even then it's not quite right.

Straight from the original post itself: The high frequency is equivalent to the emotions of love, appreciation, freedom, and bliss but for simplicity's sake, we will call this frequency "contentment".

You say you know animals are content because they have no language to criticize eachother with and don't remember things very well. First of all, there is plenty of evidence that points to the opposite of what you said about their memory.

I did not say that they didn't have good memory. I said that they are more focused in the present.

As for language, I'd say it's pretty obvious that most species of animals communicate with eachother pretty well. They don't use criticism, though. They use fear and aggression in it's place. Then again, look at dolphins.

Yes, they communicate but they do not use language (a system of words for communication). They don't use criticism in the sense that humans do. They don't feel that all of the others have to be EXACTLY like them or something is wrong and they don't criticize for being different.

They're extremely smart, with some evidence pointing to them being nearly as smart as people. Does that mean they're unhappy or discontent because they're relatively smart?

No it doesn't. Intelligence does not equal discontentment. Discontentment comes from life experience. You see things that you don't like and that causes discontentment.

edit on 14-2-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

1. So... exactly what I said.

2. You keep dancing around my point. How do you know what any animal's memory is like? We can make theories and guesses all we want, but we can't claim to know what their memory is really like.

3. They don't use a system of words in the traditional sense, but they communicate nonetheless. There's various languages in Africa that use clicks instead of words like you find in most languages. Does that mean they're not really communicating? There are plenty of people that feel that being different is OK and don't criticise people for being different. Remember, empty vessels make the most noise.

No it doesn't. Intelligence does not equal discontentment. Discontentment comes from life experience. You see things that you don't like and that causes discontentment

Then what are you trying to say makes people "discontent" and animals content? Animals see things all the time too that they don't like. Many animals don't easily move on from it easily, just like people. I've seen dogs mourn their owner for years, which is even longer than a lot of people would.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I'm beginning to think that you didn't read the original post, much. Anyone and any animal can be content since contentment is an emotion and it can come and go. It's just easier for animals to bounce back to it since they are focused more in the present and aren't longing on the many bad things that happened in the past like a lot of humans. Yes, there are animals and humans that are open minded, but the animals more so. They won't beat someone up for being gay or for not staying with one partner or for not any of these other cultural or social rules. Discontentment makes someone discontent, it can't get any simpler than that. When you experience something in life that doesn't satisfy you, naturally you'll want it to be better but you'll notice that it's not better already - which is discontentment.
edit on 14-2-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

While animals do show signs of higher emotion, I wouldn't go so far as to say what you're suggesting with this whole contentment thing.

Most animals work off base instinct throughout the day. Do they gay bash? Not necessarily. Do they do a lot of other things that would be below humans? Yes.

Don't give animals too much credit.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
What's interesting is that everyone is in this thread claiming that what I say isn't truth and that they know the truth. I was specifically calling people here that do not know the truth but wants to know it.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

What's interesting is that everyone is in this thread claiming that what I say isn't truth and that they know the truth. I was specifically calling people here that do not know the truth but wants to know it.

in other words, you are the only one who shall claim the truth in this thread.
i'm interested in your opinion, but if you claim to know the absolute truth i am not at all interested.
i'm looking for discussions, not just a preacher to listen to.

no offense meant.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Look at this:

Originally posted by Arsenis
So the truth and reality is someone's opinion, very well, my truth and reality differs from yours.
2nd line.

This guy is very mature. He understood that I was only trying to give information to those who are wanting it and willing to accept it and since he didn't agree, he was basically like "very well, but that's not true to me" and left it at that. He didn't stay here trying to have an argument because he knew the intention of this thread. To give truth to those who don't already have one and is searching for one.

This thread was made for a discussion not a debate. I delivered the truth and I am open for questions btu I am not going to sit here and argue with you to justify you because every time I do, we just go back and forth and back and forth.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Look at this:

Originally posted by Arsenis
So the truth and reality is someone's opinion, very well, my truth and reality differs from yours.
2nd line.

This guy is very mature. He understood that I was only trying to give information to those who are wanting it and willing to accept it and since he didn't agree, he was basically like "very well, but that's not true to me" and left it at that. He didn't stay here trying to have an argument because he knew the intention of this thread. To give truth to those who don't already have one and is searching for one.

This thread was made for a discussion not a debate. I delivered the truth and I am open for questions btu I am not going to sit here and argue with you to justify you because every time I do, we just go back and forth and back and forth.

was this directed at me or in general?
no matter, i'll just leave since i disagree and you don't want to discuss my disagreement.
no problem.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Man, thank you for finally seconding everything I have been telling people for months. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't need social acceptance. Live long and prosper.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join