It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Stirring at Mount Saint Helens - 2/14/1011

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think that 2.2 may be removed. Looking at the seismos I don't see anything of nearly that size that matches up.

Seismos:
www.pnsn.org...

Something happened at 11:53:54 but it looks very small.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
What's this at Mt Rainier?
www.pnsn.org...

Just now at 12:05 local time?

Edited to add: some localized noise maybe. Nothing even vaguely similar on any of the other Rainier graphs.
edit on 15-2-2011 by quakewatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by quakewatcher

Most of the stations there lag in time. It may very well be downgraded. You can see it best Here most of the others at least on my computer have not reached that time yet

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Thanks for that Westcoast. I knew you would put that one straight. I myself do not know nearly as much as you guy's do. But I knew that the article from RSOE was bull as you put it
As I have been viewing your thread from the start, so I've been taking in everything you have said. Not only here but your other very interesting threads also.

Glad to know that I seem to be thinking along the right tracks, I knew that it wasn't that fault that was the cause. I trust your judgement

Edit: Those pictures you took are amazing and beautiful! Breathtaking indeed

edit on 15/2/11 by boo1981 because: Add stuff

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Well, it looks to be showing HERE

I just opened GEE back up...while it is limited (cant load arrays)...I can get one on Rainier and another nearby location. The sation just north of Rainier is showing some small quakes.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
RSOE is registering a 2.2 just moments ago.

Here

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Yeah, I've found it in a few other places:
pele.ess.washington.edu:16017...

But to me anyway it doesn't look like a 2.2. RSOE just posts information they get from USGS (and later than USGS posts it) it's not super useful for US quakes.

edit on 15-2-2011 by quakewatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I tend to use it as often when quakes are removed by USGS for whatever reason, RSOE still displays them.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Odd.. I stepped out on my back porch at about 12:00ish and I heard a boom. Just heard another a few minutes ago. Not sure if they are related to the Rainier thing you posted..
I never could read seismographs so I don't know what I'm looking at but there is still some wind present..

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Isaac (RIP DUSTIN)

Oh man...I just opened my windows because of it. I thought at first that maybe some jet fighers were flying lower than normal...but it keeps going on and on.

I have already recorded some of it from inside my house. I am going out for a walk right now and will try to record some of it for you all.

Edit to add: GEE just recorded a smallish quake somewhere near Rainier. probably around 1.5
edit on 15-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
another small quake coming across right now on GEE...

If you have GEE, we are unable to load up arrays right now, but you can still get some stations. The one showing these is:

TAE04D

This one now looks a bit bigger. Maybe a 2.0

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
is anyone else having the same problem as me. everytime i go on rsoe i dont always get the full lists of earthquakes or other current events come up. for some reason, no matter what i do, i cant get access to the full page. is it just me????

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

Same here - I noticed the same yesterday - no earthquake lists.

BTW my Yahoo search browser isn't working - never had that problem before. Thinking
of the solar flares we have had we may experience some glitches and such
here and there.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
i have had trouble for about 6 days now. i have closed and reopened the site about 5 times today and i have no current events and only 1 earthquake listed?? i wonder whats going on.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
We had some thunderstorms today, which may effect some of the readings on the Cascade seismographs.

second line.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I really don't know much about volcano activity. I just looked at the usgs site, and saw minor quakes all around the world. Is that normal, and the 4.3 at St. Helens, along with the smaller one, is that normal? I would appreciate any responses. Thanks for the post by the way. Very interesting stuff. S&F.
edit on 15-2-2011 by ConspiricusTheoricus because: I'm dumb.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Just wanted to add some tools

quakes.globalincidentmap.com... Really neat, look at all the types to incidents that are tracked at the bottom. WOW kewl source.

Also from fellow ATS member's website:

strictlyhonest.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Not sure what the panic is about since you yourself quoted a source saying it was "two small quakes" and "no injuries or damage reported"......

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
Darrman - just out of curiosity are you living in Bonney Lake or Buckley or Enumclaw? Just curious from what you have indicated as your location. Nice to see a few of my "neighbors" on this website!

Know you were not talk in to me, but I'm in Puyallup!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Since that large quake in Haiti I've noticed that there have been many quakes in the region of 6.0. I think something big is going to happen soon...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join