It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Stirring at Mount Saint Helens - 2/14/1011

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I live in Wood Village, Oregon, I felt the first one around 10:30, and coincidentally I also work in Clackamas Oregon, and when I got here at 1315, my co-workers were talking about it.
edit on 14-2-2011 by aravoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
As usual, I have slept thru a major thing here.

Great thread WC, I am following with great interest!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
I live in Wood Village, Oregon, I felt the first one around 10:30, and coincidentally I also work in Clackamas Oregon, and when I got here at 1315, my co-workers were talking about it.

How far were you from MSH? Where are the 3 Sisters? In Washington or Oregon? I suppose I can look that up myself. Stay safe.

Man, it doesn't feel like there's any safe place to ride---what might be coming down the pike----out!
We on the east are being advised to leave the coast.
New Madrid folks are told to be vigilant.
The west coast is chocked filled with earthquakes, volcanoes.
Alaska isn't too stable.
Hawaii could be wiped out with one huge tsunami.

What's left? Nebraska?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Thank you west coast for alerting us. In regards to the Romanian poster who didn't realize we were talking about our state, I sympathize. I really wish congress or whoever could change our state name. Even if it's only to make it easier for online searches.

Just before I read this thread, I noticed that our cat was trying to squeeze himself under the couch (really small area) and I wondered if he sensed something was about to happen. Then I noticed this thread. I'll be watching closely since I have a dear friend in Vancouver, WA, and I live close to Rainier.

Also, King 5 and Komo have updated their news reports to the most recent quake size. At least the word is getting out to those who don't follow ATS Here's Komo's
Edit:
Ok the weather just did a complete change. Suddenly dark and stormy. That could be our cat's problem. He's seven years old and spent most of his life in Northern California so he has issues. Still a little strange that he hid under the couch. It reminded me of earthquake drills in school, where you're told to go under a desk.
edit on 14-2-2011 by collietta because: cat and weather

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Quakes and volcanoes are hot topics here on ATS.
This OP obviously took some time to assemble. Thank you.

One item that I've not seen in regard to volcanoes is a video of the actual event at Mt. St. Hellens as done by a fellow that was in the park because of the rumblings. As with over twenty others, he was caught unaware. The others never made it out. some of their smashed cars still remain on the mountain's roadsides as mute evidence of the incredible quickness and power of the event. But he made it out, running through the darkness of smoke and falling ash telling the camera that he doesn't think he is going to make it out, but he does. It is a real tape and not some docu-drama reinactment.

It can be highly educational to those whom have never been close to such an event and for the US, that would be true for most of us. I saw the tape a few years after the event. It was commercially available. Perhaps by this time it can be found on the internet for free. I'm sorry, but I don't recall the exact name of the video, but it should not be too difficult to track down.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

www.bing.com... 739?q=mt+st+helens+eruption+video&FROM=LKVR5>1=LKVR5&FORM=LKVR3
I couldn't find the original but this is the interview with komo4 news

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by collietta
Thank you west coast for alerting us. In regards to the Romanian poster who didn't realize we were talking about our state, I sympathize. I really wish congress or whoever could change our state name. Even if it's only to make it easier for online searches.

Just before I read this thread, I noticed that our cat was trying to squeeze himself under the couch (really small area) and I wondered if he sensed something was about to happen. Then I noticed this thread. I'll be watching closely since I have a dear friend in Vancouver, WA, and I live close to Rainier.

Also, King 5 and Komo have updated their news reports to the most recent quake size. At least the word is getting out to those who don't follow ATS Here's Komo's
Edit:
Ok the weather just did a complete change. Suddenly dark and stormy. That could be our cat's problem. He's seven years old and spent most of his life in Northern California so he has issues. Still a little strange that he hid under the couch. It reminded me of earthquake drills in school, where you're told to go under a desk.
edit on 14-2-2011 by collietta because: cat and weather

Wasn't there something like 115 mph winds over there yesterday? If so, is there any correlation or connection to winds and earthquakes? The only thing I see with winds and quakes is a possible Solar connection. Right?

Does your cat often go into hiding? Even if it's every other month? I know my cats never do that so if I saw them attempt to, I'd say they're sensing something for sure.

Keep us apprised please.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
We have a high wind warning until midnight tonight. Gusts up to 60 mph so I'm sure the wind up Helens is higher..

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
if anyone has looked at the webcorders.... its happining again..!

www.pnsn.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
You guys need to get out of there before the SHTF!!!

In subject of the 1980 eruption:

The eruption was preceded by a two-month series of earthquakes and steam-venting episodes, caused by an injection of magma at shallow depth below the volcano that created a huge bulge and a fracture system on Mount St. Helens' north slope.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hey guys, dropping in real quick in-between errands.

Looks like helens is taking a breather...but there was an odd quake not too far from there. Not a normal place to see them:

Magnitude 2.3
Date-Time Monday, February 14, 2011 at 22:07:29 UTC
Monday, February 14, 2011 at 02:07:29 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 46.308°N, 119.664°W
Depth 1.1 km (~0.7 mile) set by location program
Region WASHINGTON
Distances 14 km (8 miles) NE (35°) from Prosser, WA
14 km (9 miles) WNW (288°) from Benton City, WA
20 km (12 miles) ENE (72°) from Grandview, WA
41 km (25 miles) WNW (287°) from Kennewick, WA
229 km (142 miles) SW (229°) from Spokane, WA
239 km (149 miles) ENE (71°) from Vancouver, WA

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 1.4 km (0.9 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters NST= 12, Nph= 12, Dmin=10 km, Rmss=0.47 sec, Gp=140°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=0
Source Pacific Northwest Seismograph Network

Event ID uw02142207

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

no break at all for hours,,,,
www.pnsn.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Just read most of the thread - thanks for the information and links.

Keeping close tabs on this, high hopes Mt. St. Helen's continues to sleep - those close by very aware and keep safe.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

No, what you are seeing right now is probably wind. I know it looks extreme but that's the kind of wind we've been getting lately, especially in the mountains. The weather took a turn for the much worse in the past couple of hours.

What I love, is that the weather reporters always say "breezy" - yeah, the kind of breeze that sends trees crashing through your house...

There may be some small quakes in there but it would take a professional seismologist to tease them out.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by aravoth

How far were you from MSH? Where are the 3 Sisters? In Washington or Oregon? I suppose I can look that up myself. Stay safe.

Mt. St, Helens is about 120-130 miles to the north of me, Mt Hood, another sleeping giant along the Ring of Fire, is about 40 or so miles to the East of me. The town I live in is built on top of an aquifer, that locals claim used to be a lava tunnel.

I am surrounded by doom

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Okay, I am back. Man that was torture....I need a portable comp!!!

So I am so hoping that is wind too. Good chance it is, because it is VERY windy right now. Why does it have to be windy NOW? Ughhhhh....it drives me crazy. Someone to help filter that out?? Pleazzzzz???

So...was debating whether to post this pic, but I just gotta. Rainier is looking kinda rumbly and one of the seismos has this bizarre signature on it. I want to say it is a malfunction...but....well, Puterman or someone, could ya check it out???

Edit: I forgot the LINK

and the PNSN PAGE that I am getting it from. The thing that bothers me, is if you pull up the other Rainier seismos, I think you can see the traces there too...just not so pronounced.
edit on 14-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
SOURCEOkay, now I am getting a little bit concerned. I found another Rainier station showing the same wierd traces...but even worse:

Compare those two.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yah, that does not look like wind to me. Weirdness. I would be more concerned if it showed up on all the Rainier seismos. As it is, it's weird.

Edited to ask:

Anybody have a map of Mt Rainier seismograph locations? If these two stations were right next to each other that would place more meaning on those weird signals.

Here's the list, but I can't find a map:
www.pnsn.org...
edit on 14-2-2011 by quakewatcher because: add something

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Okay, so on the seismos I am also looking at HERE there appears to be on-going smaller quakes at Helens...and PNSN will only link to the 6 hr graph, not the 12 or 24. Very frustrating.

I you look at the Rainier seismo on the same link, you will also notice multiple mirco quakes, in addition to the other wierd signature I alread captured from HERE

Glacier Peak is showing a couple of micro quakes in the past 6 hrs

The seismos at Baker are hard for me to read...lots of wind noise probably

An updated list:

MAP 2.3 2011/02/14 20:21:42 46.278 -122.216 4.7 9 km ( 6 mi) NNW of Mount St. Helens Volcano, WA
MAP 1.1 2011/02/14 19:54:51 46.274 -122.215 2.8 9 km ( 5 mi) NNW of Mount St. Helens Volcano, WA
MAP 2.3 2011/02/14 19:35:08 46.285 -122.216 5.4 10 km ( 6 mi) NNW of Mount St. Helens Volcano, WA
MAP 1.1 2011/02/14 19:12:06 46.276 -122.211 3.8 9 km ( 5 mi) NNW of Mount St. Helens Volcano, WA
MAP 1.3 2011/02/14 19:01:25 46.279 -122.212 4.9 9 km ( 6 mi) NNW of Mount St. Helens Volcano, WA
MAP 1.3 2011/02/14 18:54:06 46.285 -122.213 6.0 10 km ( 6 mi) NNW of Mount St. Helens Volcano, WA
MAP 1.2 2011/02/14 18:47:55 46.279 -122.208 4.6 9 km ( 6 mi) NNW of Mount St. Helens Volcano, WA
MAP 2.8 2011/02/14 18:37:45 46.280 -122.209 4.5 9 km ( 6 mi) NNW of Mount St. Helens Volcano, WA
MAP 4.3 2011/02/14 18:35:25 46.282 -122.212 5.5 9 km ( 6 mi) NNW of Mount St. Helens Volcano, WA

SOURCE

I guarantee that list will grow (be filled in with more)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by quakewatcher

Go HERE and pull up STAR. It is right smack dab on top. That is for Andrews...the second screen shot I posted.

The other one is FMW....north of the Mountain. So they are NOT right next to each other. Probably a mile or two apart (maybe more)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join