It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone have a plan?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
and u honestly think that i would come here to set up a resistance group??? nah. but to be serious im wondering if there is a resistance group

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Be prepared to survive the first few days of chaos. Looting, Rioting, people taking advantage the of situation. I also hope the civilian casualties are kept to a minimum when the streets are patrolled by the Armed Forces dispatched after the blasts to curb disorder. The thought of the people of NY trying to flee is frightening....

Did you ever see footage of when the power went out in NYC and everyone was walking over the bridge? That was a complete mess and there wasn't really any panic involved. All I can say is that if something serious goes down to get away from any cities if you can.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Not to sound mean but if you are an American pick your group. Resistance to what? Anti Government, Anti Homosexual, Anti Race...etc. Pick it surf the net, you will find it, In all honesty I am proud to be an American but the middle eastern Terrorist dosent even have a clue what type of resistance they would face if the US was up for grabs and they tried taking us on this sacred soil.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Mullets will be vital, the long hair in the back to help prevent sunburn, the short sides to help cool the crainum and poofy hair on top to block UV rays

I knew I�d actually get some practical use of my hair one of these days

In Sweden we call the haircut "Icehockey-haircut", alot of hockey players still prefer this style apparently, just look at the Czechs
(sorry)

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Just a little input.

Everyone keeps mentioning jumping in their car/motorcycle/boat and taking off to a safe place. Do you really think this will be possible?? I have the feeling that none of the electrical systems in your vehicle of choice would have a chance of working if we did indeed have a nuclear blast. Just thinking out of the box a little.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
i can always welcome a couple of americans here in Canada, its quite cold on the winter but its better than burning period! UMMm im wondering if its even safer here....

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cccchunt
Just a little input.

Everyone keeps mentioning jumping in their car/motorcycle/boat and taking off to a safe place. Do you really think this will be possible?? I have the feeling that none of the electrical systems in your vehicle of choice would have a chance of working if we did indeed have a nuclear blast. Just thinking out of the box a little.

You mean an electro-magnetic pulse? That is only really an issue with a high altitude detination which would seem unlikely.

A high altitude burst is one in which the weapon is exploded at such an altitude (above 30 km) that initial soft x-rays generated by the detonation dissipate energy as heat in a much larger volume of air molecules. There the fireball is much larger and expands much more rapidly. The ionizing radiation from the high altitude burst can travel for hundreds of miles before being absorbed. Significant ionization of the upper atmosphere (ionosphere) can occur. Severe disruption in communications can occur following high altitude bursts. They also lead to generation of an intense electromagnetic pulse (EMP) which can significantly degrade performance of or destroy sophisticated electronic equipment. There are no known biological effects of EMP; however, indirect effects may result from failure of critical medical equipment.
Although some nuclear weapons effects (NWE) such as blast and cratering have analogs in the effects of conventional weapons, many NWE are unique to nuclear use. In addition, blast and other �common� weapons effects are likely to be much more powerful in the nuclear case than in the realm of conventional weapons. NWE are so severe that combinations of two or more simultaneously (as in a real event) may not add linearly, complicating the design and construction of physical simulators or the writing and validation of computer simulation codes.

Although thermal radiation, EMP, and ionizing radiation from a nuclear blast are all damage producing, at yields below about a megaton the blast and shock produced by a nuclear weapon are the predominant means of damaging a target. For some targets, such as underground bunkers and missile silos, blast and shock are virtually the only effective destructive mechanisms.

The intensity of thermal radiation decreases only as the inverse square of the distance from a nuclear detonation, while blast, shock, and prompt ionizing radiation effects decrease more rapidly. Thus, high-yield weapons are primarily incendiary weapons, able to start fires and do other thermal damage at distances well beyond the radius at which they can topple buildings or overturn armored vehicles.
Nuclear effects on electromagnetic signal propagation, which affects command, control, communications, computers, and intelligence (C 4 I), are of concern to countries expected to use nuclear weapons, particularly those which intend to explode a weapon at great altitudes or those which expect to have to defend against such a nuclear attack. C3I technology is primarily affected by high-altitude nuclear effects that could interrupt satellite-to-satellite communications, satellite-to-aircraft links, or satellite-to-ground links. Most nations will hope that signals from Global Positioning System (GPS) satellites and ground-based differential GPS transmitters will be usable shortly after a nuclear explosion, as well as traditional communications channels which must be protected.

The electromagnetic pulse generated by the detonation of a single nuclear weapon at high altitudes can be a threat to military systems located as much as a thousand miles away. HEMP can disable communications systems and even power grids at enormous distances from the burst. This type of threat could be used by a third world country that has the capability to launch a rocket carrying a high-yield device (about 1 megaton or more) a few hundred kilometers into the upper atmosphere and a few thousand kilometers from its own territory (to avoid damaging its own systems).

More:www.fas.org...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
this is just what my family has told me to do.....come home and we will be together when it ends....but when it goes down the gov. won't be far

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I want to thank everyone for their input........
I now know more than I did before I joined
this website, thanks.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
OK so you dont think Canada is safe??? Well why dont you ask your local middle eastern pursuaion up there if he is willing to kill himself off along with his family. The Canadian borders along the United States are so poorley watched and the increase in middle easterners living in Canada has increased over the past years quite tremondously hmmmm they come from the desert so why are they living in the cold???

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
THe EMP is a good point, and yes I saw footage of people leaving NY..after a plane crash and a building falling, not a nuclear explosion that takes out 30 or 40 blocks in a nanosecond. If 9/11 was a gorilla, a nuclear attack on our soil would be like a Vaigra-crazed King Kong in proportion in my opinion. Been to Chernobyl lately? Where would hte Yanks play next season?

I would think that if you were that to be affected by the pulse so close, trying to start the car would not matter. I am speaking of if it happened in a city you did not live in, in my case Orlando or Miami in close proximity. I would still get the hell out of my town. There would be an influx of millions of people to other major metro areas(that you may live in)...you may also see a rise in racially and socially descriminate crimes and/or congregations in certain areas for safety. HIspanics, Blacks,whites,rich,poor, all suddenly thrown out in the open together to try to survive after losing everything...this is the worst possible scenario for our government and there are STILL people saying that it is hwat the Bush party wants. Thinking like that will not last long if the stuff does hit the fan in your own backyard....

[edit on 15-7-2004 by esdad71]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
Does anyone have a plan on where to assemble without
government sponsorship in case the world goes to Sh**?

Are there any groups here that have made such precautions?

I would probably gather some people and do something similar to what those guys did.

www.sealandgov.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
Does anyone have a plan on where to assemble without
government sponsorship in case the world goes to Sh**?

Are there any groups here that have made such precautions?

I would probably gather some people and do something similar to what those guys did.

www.sealandgov.com...

Let me know if you find utopia............I'll join you.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I don't have a plan per say, but I have surely thought about it. From where I live, I would probably head to the mountains in eastern Kentucky, or to my sister's farm. I have been, over the last several months, been going to survival sites and learning more!

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
After 9/11, I was totally freaked out about an escape plan. For 47 years I had lived in an isolated area of East Texas and figured "nothing would touch me...we were where everyone would hide."
I sobered up to the truth when 9/11 occurred. We have bottled water (hey, you need that in the desert anyway, full tanks of gas, good tires, flashlights, lots of batteries, portable radios, medications, first air kits, a bag packed with warm clothes etc. What we DON'T have is a weapon. It's funny, I've been the lifelong pacifist. HAH! When it comes to defending myself and my family, I am seriously considering buying a gun for the unforeseeable "disaster".
We plan to head to the mountains, but realize that the highways and freeways will be overcrowded. Luckily, my native Arizonan husband knows some back roads.
If we can't do that...I guess we'll do what we did on 9/11 and all meet at a prearraged place...in our case, the nearby Catholic Church, and make plans from there.
Scarey prospect, but not farfetched.
joey

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
im moving to vancouver b.c . where the weed is awesome

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have a plan, come knoocking and you can find out what it is.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join