It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone have a plan?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I mean if someone needs a plan, hiding doesn seem to be one!, the plan would be to find a way to get all kind of info and not to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. I do believe that there is a prolly a group of people like us who are putting their informations together and i hope will try to do something cuz to be honest,*we are screwed!!* So, if someone is a part of a radical group agains the govt and all of those secret societies and want a new member, well im available...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by Lysergic
My plan includes a thunderdome.

You can be Blaster and I'll be Master if you give me piggyback rides!

Wait! I just realized how bad that sounds.

sorry but in the post apocalyptic world I'm crazy solo kamikaze!

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You guys are starting to scare me. I may have to get off my ass and start doing some preparations. Do you think a 10 speed is worth much or should one aim at mountain bike? Im so dependant on the infrastructure im not sure i could make it in survivalist mode.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
My plan includes a thunderdome. Add in a rusted muscle car, and rifle, a sawed off and a few pistols. Toss some 80's rock into the mix.

almost forgot: Grow one helluva mullet.

This... This is mah boomstick.

ps: and I will stop bathing.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by Lysergic]

Forgot to add, I will survive on jerky, from various animals mostly domestic pets, for my veggies I'll eat wild shrooms. NUCLEAR SHROOMS!

[edit on 15-7-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Climb on Jonna, lol Hey we all might as well just throw one hell of a woods party, camp bring the kids, and say screw it.... but seriously, always take care of your loved ones, be aware of your surroundings and be diligent in making a sound plan for a real emergency and if that dont work crack open a cold one and watch the greatest firework show you will ever see in your lifetime.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The list.....

Are you ready if a major catastrophe occurs such as an Extinction size asteroid colliding with the planet? If you were aware of the impending doom, what necessary items would you assemble for your survival?

Here is the Grassy Knoll's list.

www.grassyknoll.homestead.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
"Canning supplies for new fruits and vegatables grown."

Now there is one I have never thought about! One that I rarely see and never understand why is water purification tablets. Ya gotta drink, don't you?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Nice List, But I doubt you could fit it all in a backpack or a shoulder throw sack of some kind. THe reason for 3 days of water, is that if there is a major attack, even by water you should not be more than 3 days away from a safe area.

This is also

1.3 32 ozs bottles of water. You could strtech it if needed. You need this per person.
2.The duct tape is included in my pack.
3.Remember those cheap as hell little 2.99c radios or small one free at the bank, they will broadcast AM/Fm.One pack spare batteries.
4. Meds if needed.
5. Wooden Matches
6. Napkins(easy to package, not as bulky as paper towl/toilet paper, dam idea..lol)
7. Small first aid kit
8. One S&W 9mm handgun, one box ammunition
9. power bars and chocalte for energy
10. Small maglite and/or glow sticks
11. Map of surrounding states

There are a few more items such as declorification tabs and such that are very small and amounts to a nice pack.

remember, it is about survival for the moment, not for life. Be Mobile, Be prepared.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
There are actually survival lists floating all around ATS/BTS. Here is one I found on a search.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
You guys are starting to scare me. I may have to get off my ass and start doing some preparations. Do you think a 10 speed is worth much or should one aim at mountain bike? Im so dependant on the infrastructure im not sure i could make it in survivalist mode.

1) Grow a Mullet
2) Learn how to Camp
3) Get a basic botanty field book
4) Make sure you can walk atleast 10 miles without keeling over
5) Mountain bike > 10 speed

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
*shakes head**, i mean i believe that those treads should be takin seriously but all of those tricks to survive are passive or prolly not necessary if ever there is a nuclear attack. My plan makes more sense, a radical group with skills,information and contacts and of course a lot of free time! Im recruting...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEVAH
I mean if someone needs a plan, hiding doesn seem to be one!, the plan would be to find a way to get all kind of info and not to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. I do believe that there is a prolly a group of people like us who are putting their informations together and i hope will try to do something cuz to be honest,*we are screwed!!* So, if someone is a part of a radical group agains the govt and all of those secret societies and want a new member, well im available...

*shakes head**, i mean i believe that those treads should be takin seriously but all of those tricks to survive are passive or prolly not necessary if ever there is a nuclear attack. My plan makes more sense, a radical group with skills,information and contacts and of course a lot of free time! Im recruting...

earlier you said you want to join a group, now you say you
are recruiting, which one is it?

[edit on 7/15/2004 by Soul Reaper]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
well since im not getting any positive answer, i might as well create my own group!

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

well since im not getting any positive answer, i might as well create my own group!

Sorry but like I said when the end of days are here I'm going crazy solo kamikaze. Mullets will be vital, the long hair in the back to help prevent sunburn, the short sides to help cool the crainum and poofy hair on top to block UV rays, camping skills will be vital, if one has never camped imo they're sol, if you can't gut an animal your sol. Forming some sort of homoerotic ragtag group ala planeteers is just not on the menu for someone like myself. Maybe I'll be a solo crazy drifter, drifting from makeshift town to makeshift town exchanging dog jerky for water and fuel. I'll live my days in black rock desert, where there will be a thunderdome, as there is already a hippie colony out there left over from burning man.

IMO, the fatties will die off first, along with the elderly. The Nomad life for me! However i doubt it ever coming to anything like this, but when it does feel free to u2u me

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Lets try to put this realistically now.

If a nuke hits the East Coast? How do you survive if the sonic blast dosent kill you?
How much time in "Reality" do you have to evacuate and how many miles do you need to be not to be effected by fallout?

Which direction would be most successful in survival? "keep in mind the jet streams".

How will you know what has been effected as in trees, shrubberies, water sources, food etc.

Who will tell you when an area will be safe to go back into?
How will they communicate?

I see infrastructre being completey shut down and mass panic for the ones who have survived a catostrophic event as such.

Now can anyone in Reality possibly answer these fun questions??

just a thought

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
JMT--If a nuke hits the East Coast?

Where? The closest likely possible targets for you are NYC, Philly, DC and Baltimore.

JMT--How do you survive if the sonic blast dosent kill you?

The only real indept information that I have to go on are the two (little boy & fat man) dropped on Japan. Now if I remember this correctlly the major structural damage is about 7-10 mile with immediate radiation polution around 12-15 miles.

JMT--How much time in "Reality" do you have to evacuate and how many miles do you need to be not to be effected by fallout? Which direction would be most successful in survival? "keep in mind the jet streams".

You said it as it really depents on the jet stream. North Jersey usually has the stream going through it in the direction of NE, but that could very easliy be distorted with a force as great as a atom bomb going off. From where I know of where you live, it is unlikely that the initial damage would effect you. It is the aftermath radiation and the water contamination that you would need to look out for.

JMT---How will you know what has been effected as in trees, shrubberies, water sources, food etc.

Gigercounter is all I can say.

JMT---Who will tell you when an area will be safe to go back into?
How will they communicate?

Radio is your best bet.

JMT--I see infrastructre being completey shut down and mass panic for the ones who have survived a catostrophic event as such.

In the case of a serious emergency, the state/government will shut down phone lines for any civilian communications. This is actually listed in many state/government emergency manuals.

JMT---Now can anyone in Reality possibly answer these fun questions??

This is all off the top of my head and most of my information on nuclear radiation is at home so make of it what you will.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by Jonna]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Thats exactly my point there is nowhere to hide. The only that can be done is to try to avoid this. Now everyday we get more info about all kind of conspiracies, i dont think we should wait till something crazy happen... im still recruting...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Thats exactly my point there is nowhere to hide. The only that can be done is to try to avoid this. Now everyday we get more info about all kind of conspiracies, i dont think we should wait till something crazy happen... im still recruting...

Take some advice....the first rule of fight club is that you do not talk about fight club. You are on an open forum and speaking about starting a resistence. These types of things can be twisted into terrorist activities in the eyes of certain groups. Be careful not to say too much.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Thank you... Im sure this will enlighten others who are curious to the fact of "what to do and where are you safe".

My ESP though told me to expect a reply from you and only you... lol

Im seriously wondering what type of entity you are though because I have never met someone with so much knowledge stored inside.

but on that note, get out of Parsip and I will talk to you tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think that it will truly be the day the world fell silent. The possibility of nuclear suitcases/dirtybomb's suddenly going off every few minutes in multiple metro areas will cause complete chaos. 9/11 was unexpected, this would be unprecedented.

Be prepared to survive the first few days of chaos. Looting, Rioting, people taking advantage the of situation. I also hope the civilian casualties are kept to a minimum when the streets are patrolled by the Armed Forces dispatched after the blasts to curb disorder. The thought of the people of NY trying to flee is frightening....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join