It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

divide and conquer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
many
christians don't want gays around
many
people blame the woes in the world solely on jews
many
athiests and agnostics think the religious control way to much
many
muslims want just about everyone else dead
many
believe america should be dominated and ruled by a christian majority.

anyhow, i could go on, but my point being, isn't all this exactly what tptb want?
why do so many on ats and elsewhere, including real life, fall into the divide and conquer paradigm?
isn't it time that the world woke up and spent time discussing our similarities instead of dwelling on the differences?
this may be nearly an impossible quest, but can we have one thread where all are welcome to point out the similarities, avoiding any and all judgement of others?
anyone up for the task?
seriously, in order to actually defeat those who want to control us, we must combine out energies, no matter what race, creed or religion we claim.
and yes, i do understand i am doing exactly what drives me nuts by pointing out how i think so many have it all ass backwards, but where else to start?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

True, basically we have this planet that's separated by hundreds of countries that spend billions of money on weapons to be able to destroy or to defend themselves from attacks.

Our planet is not united and some things that separate us is language, religion, culture, etc.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
many
christians don't want gays around
many
people blame the woes in the world solely on jews
many
athiests and agnostics think the religious control way to much
many
muslims want just about everyone else dead
many
believe america should be dominated and ruled by a christian majority.

anyhow, i could go on, but my point being, isn't all this exactly what tptb want?
why do so many on ats and elsewhere, including real life, fall into the divide and conquer paradigm?
isn't it time that the world woke up and spent time discussing our similarities instead of dwelling on the differences?
this may be nearly an impossible quest, but can we have one thread where all are welcome to point out the similarities, avoiding any and all judgement of others?
anyone up for the task?
seriously, in order to actually defeat those who want to control us, we must combine out energies, no matter what race, creed or religion we claim.
and yes, i do understand i am doing exactly what drives me nuts by pointing out how i think so many have it all ass backwards, but where else to start?

Not really. The one thing keeping TPTB in check is our tendencies to not want to deal with people different then us.

join