It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Has the Bomb

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Wouldn't affect regular citizens at all....none of us use paypal, credit cards, etc. You guys do realize that you are supporting a completely unknown group, with TRUE unknown intentions. You are all OK with being held hostage by the whims of one group? Well, I'm not

and let me ask do you know whom you are supporting with you visa card or your bank accout or everytime you go and vote if you do... i doubt it.
kx

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Wouldn't affect regular citizens at all....none of us use paypal, credit cards, etc. You guys do realize that you are supporting a completely unknown group, with TRUE unknown intentions. You are all OK with being held hostage by the whims of one group? Well, I'm not

and let me ask do you know whom you are supporting with you visa card or your bank accout or everytime you go and vote if you do... i doubt it.
kx

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

That’s an excellent point. Collapse and revolutions sounds like fun when mommy and daddy keep the fridge full of Mr Pibb and Hot Pockets, but only the strongest and most brutal wind up surviving anarchy in one piece. And based on what I see coming from DEF CON, mr anarchist hacker is going to have a real tough adjustment.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Sarcasm doesn't come across well on a computer screen.

This will most definately be used as a pretext to shutting down the internet though.

Isn't it funny how, once you accept the idea that there are people in this world who are trying to bring about a One World Order or NWO and accept the idea that our Government is pushing for Rebellion/Revolution so they can justifyably bring about Martial Law.....

Everything starts to make sense. All of the questions like "why would they pass that legislation" or "why don't they just pass this legislation" start to answer themselves.

It is nice to know the game that is being played. We can predict easily what their next move will be.

In order to be able to fight you have to first know that you have an enemy.
Too many people still don't realize that they have an enemy. The ones who do, think that the enemy is a dudde in a cave or the guy next door who is always polishing his guns.

The ability to recognise your enemy is paramount.
If we realize that we have an enemy but don't know who it is we are just as handicapped.

Whoever restricts MY freedom is MY enemy. PERIOD!
Using this guideline, can you identify YOUR enemy?????

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
From my understanding about STUXnet. It attacks hardware in a new way that is not based on Windows Apple or Linux. Its based on a lower level of computer language that is universal, and it spreads like a driver update on hardware not software based. So any system is vulnerable to it. And the route in which data is transfered is larger than most people think. Even standard power lines for electricity can be used as a data line while it still supplies electrictity to the device its running. Just think about your motherboards on every computer that is ATX based. ATX means your motherboard is connected directly to the smart power supply and can be controled to do what the computer wants it to do. If its reversed a signal from the power lines can change what your motherboard or computer is doing. The possiblities of what could come from playing with STUXnet is infinite. Thats what should reaally be scaring governments around the world.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

That’s an excellent point. Collapse and revolutions sounds like fun when mommy and daddy keep the fridge full of Mr Pibb and Hot Pockets, but only the strongest and most brutal wind up surviving anarchy in one piece. And based on what I see coming from DEF CON, mr anarchist hacker is going to have a real tough adjustment.

this has nothing to do with anarchism what makes you think it does. opinion is cheap please back it up with something.
As for your statement about mommy and daddy are you infering that anon is a bunch of kids.. if so you are very wrong.
but then those that normaly get there news from the telivsion without checking the facts are normaly wrong..

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

you read it wrong anon never targerted iran. however they now have a copy of the code that was used to attack iran.

You are right, thanks for that clarification. It did come across as being applied that way in reference to Iran. Well it does sound like they will need to tweak the code and hack into any systems to utilise it, not out of their capabilities. It is raising the stakes in the game.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This worm attacks Siemens systems.They are used to run the centrifuges of irans nuclear enrichment prog.
The worm acn go dormant, alter itself, and bury itself in ny other conected system.
It not only varies the speeds of the centrifuges,(Which trun many thousand of rs) but it hides the guage readouts with false data.
Thus te centrifuge is fluctuating wildly in rpms, but the guages and checks all read normal.
From what i understand, this worm is very specificly targeted.
The system it targets is industrial, and the number of nuke centrifugess of this obsolete type are mostly in NK and Iran,I believe even pakistan has better....
Just how this bit of fancy software can be altered to attack other systems is a matter of conjecture.
By the way, Seimens already has a root kit fix or whatever is required to repair the systems to normal....
Though many computers were tossed because of this weapon.
I dont see annon using this thing really.....if they do they are showing that they are not who they pretend to be.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Causing a run on a bank or worse, throwing the entire banking system into further deeper crisis just because someone feels justified in doing so is anarchy. Collapsing law and order because someone is upset with societal norms, or whatever bull$hit excuse they have, is anarchy.

I saw what real chaos looks like in Iraq shortly after the toppling of Hussein and in areas AQI controlled. It wasn’t pretty. Guys with guns and the ability/willingness to use them make the rules … not little kids with Guy Fawkes masks.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well according to my house mate, who's studying a university level coding / computer engineering course. He has the following to say:

The decompiled executable is available on github. (AKA, available to anyone). The problem is that executables do not really contain a context as compilers do away with code comments and variable names etc and turn the source code into machine readable code. You cannot get the original source code back once it is turned into a binary executable.

To see what I mean, go to github.com... and browse to output/a/a.c

So... Apparently not as dangerous as some anti-anonymous sensationalists would have us believe.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Causing a run on a bank or worse, throwing the entire banking system into further deeper crisis just because someone feels justified in doing so is anarchy. Collapsing law and order because someone is upset with societal norms, or whatever bull$hit excuse they have, is anarchy.

I saw what real chaos looks like in Iraq shortly after the toppling of Hussein and in areas AQI controlled. It wasn’t pretty. Guys with guns and the ability/willingness to use them make the rules … not little kids with Guy Fawkes masks.

ok yes but anon has not actualy said they are going to throw the entire banking system into further crisis so why are you refering to them as anarchists..?

and refering to your statement:

Guys with guns and the ability/willingness to use them make the rules

what gives the people with the people the guns the ability to think and act...words and information. my friend never forger the pen is mightier than the sword and no government or man can stop an idea whos time has come.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Well according to my house mate, who's studying a university level coding / computer engineering course. He has the following to say:

The decompiled executable is available on github. (AKA, available to anyone). The problem is that executables do not really contain a context as compilers do away with code comments and variable names etc and turn the source code into machine readable code. You cannot get the original source code back once it is turned into a binary executable.

To see what I mean, go to github.com... and browse to output/a/a.c

So... Apparently not as dangerous as some anti-anonymous sensationalists would have us believe.

the code has been available online for sometime, it depends on what context the code was recovered in and what further information was available with it when it was located that determines how usable it is..
x

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Apparently stux is supposed to sniff out traffic originating from proprietary protocols used by specific siemens microcontrollers. There are many of these microcontrollers used in everything from automation to dsl networking.

I don't see why any nuke plant on earth would be using anything other than in house engineered and built microcontrollers & systems. That said, it puzzles me to think that there is any way to penetrate any sort of system from the internet.

There should be no data buses accessible in any way apart from one dedicated access panel under strict physical guard.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

Ditto, but It should be along the lines of. "Beware of Geeks bearing gifts." Never really bothered to learn what this anon thing is about, but as long as they spread the message of "all your base is belong to us" then there alright I guess. Also, to whom it may concern. Beware of playing with nuclear fire, you know what they say, when you play with fire, you get burned.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

All that means is that it is harder to accomplish. An experienced developer who is well versed in assembly can with some level of effort, decipher this back into a working program; although it would not be the original STUXNET.

I don't think there is a clear and present danger here, really. Even if there were, it would not come from Anon; rather it would come from a private contractor working on commission.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Causing a collaps of BOA could certainly throw the banking system into chaos. And for what? So a bunch of kids can say "F the man"?

As far as "no government or man can stop an idea whose time has come" tell that to the Ukrainians in 1932, or the Tiananmen square protestors in 1989, or the North Koreans today. You might think you know a something about the application force and how overwhelming displays of organized violence can be defeated, but until you see it, you have no idea.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The only way they could use this Stuxnet virus is to physically get it inside the nuclear power plant and manually plug the USB stick (or whatever) into a system with the correct rights. That's how it was deployed in Iran.

So unless Anonymous has members who work inside a nuclear power plant with the correct system privileges, they won't be able to do anything with the Stuxnet virus.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
reply to post by tristar

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

Ditto, but It should be along the lines of. "Beware of Geeks bearing gifts." Never really bothered to learn what this anon thing is about, but as long as they spread the message of "all your base is belong to us" then there alright I guess. Also, to whom it may concern. Beware of playing with nuclear fire, you know what they say, when you play with fire, you get burned.

Hφαιστος

History is to be learned from not to be ignored. On a off note, a technique used upon Iraq forces was aligned to Alexander the Great's attack upon Asia.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
The only way they could use this Stuxnet virus is to physically get it inside the nuclear power plant and manually plug the USB stick (or whatever) into a system with the correct rights. That's how it was deployed in Iran.

So unless Anonymous has members who work inside a nuclear power plant with the correct system privileges, they won't be able to do anything with the Stuxnet virus.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Wrong only in the fact that it is not "locked down" to just a nuclear enrichment plant. That was simply the payload instructions. This thing could use the exact same technology and be used to target anything that utilizes PLCs.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Causing a collaps of BOA could certainly throw the banking system into chaos. And for what? So a bunch of kids can say "F the man"?

As far as "no government or man can stop an idea whose time has come" tell that to the Ukrainians in 1932, or the Tiananmen square protestors in 1989, or the North Koreans today. You might think you know a something about the application force and how overwhelming displays of organized violence can be defeated, but until you see it, you have no idea.

If the information to be released regarding the bank of america causes a bank run then so be it. would you rather the inner workings of a bank never scrutinised and they the theft of trillions of dollars around the world be let happen again. The information will show criminal activilty and probley cause further bank regulations and rightly so. These banks have had a lot of tax payers money and have a social responsibilty if they like it or not a little transparency is not too much to ask.
If the truth kills you evidently you were not that strong.
realy i dont understand were you are coming from are you saying that you should be labeled an anarchist for telling the truth?
regarding your second paragraph i know nothing about application force. we see the wolrd through our own life expericence. I have in the past been involved in street protest, forest protest and internet protest i have my own limited understanding of activism and what it can achieve.
Not being able to stop an idea whos time has come...try looking at egypt, or tunisa for example. look at wikileaks and how they are ushering in a new dawn of journalism, see the massive paradigm shifts that are occuring right now. Korea and Tianum square it was not there time yet, but one day it will be.
what we have around us needs to change and it needs to change soon. We cannot keep doing things the same old ways or we will not have a planet left.

kx

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join