It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Has the Bomb

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Absolutely wonderful, I can only imagine how they will use this to enrich our daily lives

Given the petty and vindictive nature of Anon I seriously hope the code is not complete or otherwise non-functioning because otherwise these rocket surgeons are likely to let it lose on the internet 'for the lulz' as they are fond of saying. I don't care what they say they are crusading about the bottom line is that they have no regard for innocent people caught in the cross-fire of their online crusades.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Good stuff. This can effectively be a bargaining chip, to be played against the corrupt and supposedly legal companies whom are exploiting people on a daily basis.

Might even teach a few people some lessons.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Only if you know exactly what you are looking for and where to find it. Its my understanding that stuxnet disabled the speed safety controls on uranium separation centrifuges. In order to do this effectively, the designers of Stuxnet need to know details and design specifications about those centrifuges and their control systems that only someone on the inside could have provided to them. Unless someone knows exactly what to look for and how to exploit it, Stuxnex is useless

what make you think that it is a languauge and therefore can be read. Also bear in mind that other information may have been available too..

kx

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
Absolutely wonderful, I can only imagine how they will use this to enrich our daily lives

Given the petty and vindictive nature of Anon I seriously hope the code is not complete or otherwise non-functioning because otherwise these rocket surgeons are likely to let it lose on the internet 'for the lulz' as they are fond of saying. I don't care what they say they are crusading about the bottom line is that they have no regard for innocent people caught in the cross-fire of their online crusades.

Can you give me an example of innocent people caught in the cross fire. Or are you just saying things and hoping they're true?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
4chan's main page appears to be down. www.4chan.org...

Conspiracy?

edit on 14-2-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

How about the dozens of small businesses who were unable to process payments during the attack on PayPal? I would think there were plenty of innocent third party people who were using PayPal, heck plenty of legitimate charities use it to accept donations but Anon didn't care that those people would affected, they just want'ed revenge without considering consequences.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by tristar

Originally posted by purplemer

Remember when Anon hacked into HGbary the internet security company last week in a revenge attack for them trying to sell Anon info to the FBI. Well apparntly Anon got hold of the Stuxnet virus code.

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

Please take the time to follow up on your post and i am not referring to it on a daily timeline.

That was not done on purpose. There company is messed up big time now. You want a laugh check this whenHBGary Federal, sent its president Penny Leavy into the Anonymous IRC chat rooms. To try and minimize the damage...

http:///x69Akp5L

kx

Right...thats IRC..well let me go..back..yeah thats right...i was hijacking rom mem and ppl were wondering how and when...Times have changed and things do go bump in the night.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i dont think this virus has any affect on non microsoft and apple products

just stick to linux and everything will be just fine

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Assuming they are within your guidelines right ?

link   

Well, to be honest, this is a danger to the Smart Grid. I have been doing a lot of research on it for work and something like this could very well cause problems. If you change the targetting from removing spin safeties to say removing power flow feeback, then a Local area mesh could be knocked out without raising the necessary events to the control center.

The differance here is that Iranian nuclear enrichment facilities are custom built jobs and targetting them requires an intelligence operation to get the specs. A public Smart Grid utilizes public standards which can be easily obtained.

link   

How about the dozens of small businesses who were unable to process payments during the attack on PayPal? I would think there were plenty of innocent third party people who were using PayPal, heck plenty of legitimate charities use it to accept donations but Anon didn't care that those people would affected, they just want'ed revenge without considering consequences.

and it wad down for how long? A month? A year? Three years?

No... Hours.

What about all the innocents who have been ripped off or had their lives destroyed by corrupt agencies, lawyers and dodgy internet companies?

Or are you only moralistically balanced when it suits you?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yawn !

Anon are a bunch of children who do everything ''for the lulz'' and whose motivation is to create drama.

The way people are prostrating themselves in front of this group, as if they are some kind of a saviour, is both embarrassing and cringe inducing.

By very definition, this group can ''support'' a cause one day, while ''supporting'' the diametrical opposite cause, the next day.

edit on 14-2-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Sorry, but I find that a bit self serving, to say the least. Anonymous is protecting wikileaks, and thats it, it aint about free speech, and if it were, how would you defend their DNS attacks on Palin and her supporter's websites? Dont they have the right to speak freely, or is Anonymous now the gate keeper for what constitutes free speech on the web and what doesnt?

wikileaks and anon are two seperate things. some anon defend wikileaks because wikileaks are being censored. so yes they are protecting free speech. Wikileaks work the same way a newpaper works, they just do it a lot better beause they can use anon sources and not be limited by regional laws.
If i remember correctly Palin was illegally using a private email account for government matters. Was she held to account...No.
Maybe you need to blurr your distinction between analog protest (ie on the streets) and digital protest. People have the right to protest in real life and should also have the right in the virtual world. that does not make someone a terroritst.
and regarding you constitution... i dont see anyone else defending it. I see a lot of complaining and whinging about how the government takes away peeps rights but little action. so i am happy to see activism in action it is the empowerment of people. take a look it is happening all over the world and it is long overdue...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Anonymous are remorseless and careless about collateral damage when it comes to revenge, they proved it numerous times.

This move is purely cyber-terrorism (declaring to possess a dangerous weapon without a formal declaration of not using it is a form of terrorism). I'm really worried now, it's like they're considering the web to be a game.

I was also shocked to see so many people in these forums wanting them to go further than attacking HBGary, like for example "hit the government" or something else. People seem to be completely immature nowadays.

You don't give a gun to a kid, period.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It appears that Anon do not have what would be regarded as an "armed" version of the virus, and that it would take an awful lot of work to turn what they have into something particularly dangerous.

It is worth noting however is that they aren't keen on the Iranian Government (see below). They released a video last week stating that they would attack government websites in support of today's Green Movement protests, and it is likely that they will retaliate for how the Iranian Government has dealt with them.

pastebin.info...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

I have the feeling that if someone thinks Anon can use stuxnet or some derivative, we might be looking at a few dozen Gerald Bulls.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

Wouldn't affect regular citizens at all....none of us use paypal, credit cards, etc.

You guys do realize that you are supporting a completely unknown group, with TRUE unknown intentions. You are all OK with being held hostage by the whims of one group? Well, I'm not.

What happens when they want to show the US gov't how powerful they are by hacking in, and potentially shutting down, our electrical grids? What happens when they are "done" with the banks and begin wreaking even more havoc there. Do you have any idea of the true social choas that would take place if we have a run on the banks in the US? It's one thing if it happens in due process, it's another if a "group" decides they want it to happen now.

This could all be a CIA front and you guys are asking for popcorn! I think the problem is that many of you are very young and the *excitment* of a meltdown of the US has you all excited. The problem is, when TSHTF, it won't be exciting after the first few days I promise you.

Perhaps a few history book lessons on the downfall of a country might be in order. I have a feeling you all are picturing some great new world where you never have to go to work, have no financial worries since you just stopped paying and walked away when the banks shut down, that everyday will be filled with the bliss of simply "surviving" -- you know, gathering some wood and trapping some animals and then just "hanging out".

Unfortunately, you may get what you wish for but the problem lies in your inability to cry "uncle" once the "excitement" wears off and realization kicks in.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I for one am relieved that our President has the internet kill switch at his disposal to protect us from this terrorist threat.
So what if we lose the ability to communicate and access to free information, We WILL be safe!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

no you are wrong anon went through the front door on these attack on paypal, visa and mastercard this would not stop people making payments. the protests were peaceful they could have choosen to take intergral parts of the site down but they never.
now compare that to the illegal actions of the american government who ilegaly tried to strangle wikileaks by removing there ability to generate funds....

and i ask you... whos the terrorists..?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I for one am relieved that our President has the internet kill switch at his disposal to protect us from this terrorist threat.
So what if we lose the ability to communicate and access to free information, We WILL be safe!!!

you think that an internet kill switch will protect you... only thing it wil do is create problems and crash your ecomony...
and the best thing of alll is it wont stop anyone with a little techinal savy from getting online...

internet kill switch fail..
kx

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join