It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Has the Bomb

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by aivlas

anon are working on a website atm, so people can browse through the hbgary information and emails. Then people will be aable to make up there own minds..

hbgary.anonleaks.ru...

HERE ^^

Helping to secure and mirror wikleaks site. setting up routes so people can circumnavigate governmental firewalls in represive regimes. Helping by sending information into counties were information is censored. supporting the global protests by taking down government websites and peacefully protesting by ddos on sites like mastercard and visa. They have helped expose information that needs to be in the public eye
what is wrong with that..?

Also revealing that so called expert security companies who have absolutely no problem illegally obtaining information, blackmailing journalists, infringing data protection laws, and over-charging innocent people who have little or no knowledge of their rights, with extortionate costs.

Not only that, but the so called expert security companies, are very quick to boast their services of providing expert protection against so called 'internet rogues' but show their down-failings by implementing school-boy errors in their own security. Which is quite frankly an insult to the innocent people they have quite happily charged hundreds of thousands of pounds / dollars.

edit on 16-2-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
And for anyone who doubts that the HBGary firm had anyone's best interests at heart, I suggest you read this link:

arstechnica.com...

Which explains just how weak their own security was.

and

arstechnica.com...

Which shows the methods HBGary were willing to use, including illegal techniques!

and also

blogs.forbes.com...

To see how many companies were potentially involved in the scandal, whom are now distancing themselves and lying low.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I would be careful of mirror sites any more. You never know who volunteered there servers so they can watch the traffic. The government loves there Honeypot Projects. And what better Honeypot then a mirror of the site they all want to visit.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I would be careful of mirror sites any more. You never know who volunteered there servers so they can watch the traffic. The government loves there Honeypot Projects. And what better Honeypot then a mirror of the site they all want to visit.

You say it like it's illegal?

That site is public viewing.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

HBGary Federal quits RSA over Anonymous WikiLeaks email

blogs.computerworld.com...

there is a lot of dirty laundry coming out now... these boys were into some dirty business. I am glad they have been exposed...

kx

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

HBGary Federal quits RSA over Anonymous WikiLeaks email

blogs.computerworld.com...

there is a lot of dirty laundry coming out now... these boys were into some dirty business. I am glad they have been exposed...

kx

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Can u not read, I said prove to me the are not a government agent?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Mate, prove to me they are. You're the one making associations. That's like me saying to you, prove to me you're not the reincarnated persona of fictional Soap star Percy Sugdon.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Purplemer, they could use new exploits but I don't see them using it for its intended purpose, at least the exploits were a threat for the time they were unpatched. As for them being twats, just look at what they have done in the past.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

why would annonymous go after iran...THEY WOULDNT its either annon is gov agent or government is using annon for a cover to take out irans nuclear facilities
edit on 16-2-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

why would annonymous go after iran...THEY WOULDNT its either annon is gov agent or government is using annon for a cover to take out irans nuclear facilities
edit on 16-2-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

iran.whyweprotest.net...

Read the forums and find out, instead of making unfounded assumptions.

Do some research.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

lol, I was thinking something similar.
Wikileaks, Stuxnet....all a bit too coincidental eh?

They are able to bring perverts online to justice, same as those dealing with pirated material.
Yet they couldn't stop the leaking of classified documents, which largely regarding the US were "gossip pieces", but have created havoc in the Middle East.

Now this "Anonymous" group has gotten hold of stuxnet....gee, if heads aren't rolling yet inside government departments after all this, really makes you wonder.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Argument from ignorance, also known as argumentum ad ignorantiam or appeal to ignorance, is an informal logical fallacy. It asserts that a proposition is necessarily true because it has not been proven false (or vice versa). This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option, which is: there is insufficient investigation and therefore insufficient information to "prove" the proposition to be either true or false. Nor does it allow the admission that the choices may in fact not be two (true or false), but may be as many as four; with (3) being unknown between true or false; and (4) being unknowable (among the first three). And finally, any action taken, based upon such a pseudo "proof" is fallaciously valid, that is, it is being asserted to be valid based upon a fallacy.[1] In debates, appeals to ignorance are sometimes used to shift the burden of proof.

en.wikipedia.org...

you might as well say to me prove santa clause is not real. it is impossibe to do. so again i will ask you to prove they are a government agency. the ball is firmly in your court... so you are welcome to have to the opinion that they are a government agent but unless you supply me with proof it remains just an opinion. Maybe you should look at were you opinion came from, is it based on any fact or is it just an assumption. If it is based on any kind of fact please share them with me or else i will rightly assume it is just an assumption....

kx

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLV12
reply to post by Shenon

lol, I was thinking something similar.
Wikileaks, Stuxnet....all a bit too coincidental eh?

They are able to bring perverts online to justice, same as those dealing with pirated material.
Yet they couldn't stop the leaking of classified documents, which largely regarding the US were "gossip pieces", but have created havoc in the Middle East.

Now this "Anonymous" group has gotten hold of stuxnet....gee, if heads aren't rolling yet inside government departments after all this, really makes you wonder.

Seriously!

What planet are you from... even a tiny, tiny bit of research will tell you that the Stuxnet has been on the net for public viewing for a long while.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
Purplemer, they could use new exploits but I don't see them using it for its intended purpose, at least the exploits were a threat for the time they were unpatched. As for them being twats, just look at what they have done in the past.

Anonymous and the global correction A loosely organised group of hackers has been targeting oppressive regimes and has said this is just the beginning

english.aljazeera.net...

A recent article to give you an insight into anon. Im sure some members of anon are twats and so what. you gets twats everywhere. There are even twats on ats and following you logic all ats members are twats including you.
Now the best thing to do is to judge them on what the have managed to achieve as a collective group. It is one thing continuing to say anon are twats. You can say something as much as you like it does not make it real. If there is something i do not know then show me, give me some evidence or else like my above reply i will classify your remark as unfounded assumption.

kx

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Now the best thing to do is to judge them on what the have managed to achieve as a collective group.

insurgen.cc...

epilepsy forum raid
tormenting dead kids family's
tormenting people
etc

How quickly the past is forgotten.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
cool ruin peoples privacy and lives because you are bitter... Priceless

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Why did Isreal and America develop such sophisticated virus. They must have known when they made it that the code could be tweaked by people in the know.

Can they?

From what ive heard of the virus, it was designed very specifically for one purpose. To destroy the centrifuges that Iranians are using to refine uranium. In order to do this, they had an agreement with Siemens, who made and designed said centrifuges. Each and every one has codes imbedded into them that when activated through the invasive Stuxnet virus, would physically destroy the centrifuges by removing the restrictor limiting the RPM of the machines, causing them to over rev, resulting in massive, catastrophic failure.

In order for this virus to work, it must activate the codes embedded into the centrifuges. Im not sure if there is much point in using this virus for other purposes. Other viruses have been made that can cause huge amounts of damage if they get into the right systems, Stuxnet isnt required.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I hope every one in Anon, or any other Hacker group gets nailed for Treason under espionage act of 1917. Brought in and hung, While their "Friends" watch. They will be caught eventually its not a matter of "if" but When. I for one can't wait for that day. If only I was still in law enforcement I would have a fun beating these morons.

My 2cents

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137
I hope every one in Anon, or any other Hacker group gets nailed for Treason under espionage act of 1917. Brought in and hung, While their "Friends" watch. They will be caught eventually its not a matter of "if" but When. I for one can't wait for that day. If only I was still in law enforcement I would have a fun beating these morons.

My 2cents

Well aren't you a Mr cheery pants? May I ask what your hostile reasoning is for such a nasty punishment?
Is death a viable punishment for an act that affects data?

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join