It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Has the Bomb

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Anonymous Has the Bomb

www.thewhisper.net

THE INTERNET – ‘The Bomb’ in this case is Stuxnet, the powerful cyber weapon developed by Israeli and US agencies to cripple Iran’s nuclear capabilities.

Anonymous claims to have obtained the specifics of the worm from the HBGary emails after looting them from the company’s network last week as revenge for CEO attempting to ‘infiltrate’ the collective.

Anonymous has not announced its intention to use the worm, but in light of its recent declaration against the Iranian government, it is a distinct possibility that the full extent of the power of Stuxnet could be unleashed on
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thinq.co.uk
www.youtube.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Stuxnet Virus Attack: Russia Warns of ‘Iranian Chernobyl'

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Remember when Anon hacked into HGbary the internet security company last week in a revenge attack for them trying to sell Anon info to the FBI. Well apparntly Anon got hold of the Stuxnet virus code.
Now this is really stupid. Why did Isreal and America develop such sophisticated virus. They must have known when they made it that the code could be tweaked by people in the know.
The potential of this virus is devasting. It was used in Iran on there reactor and has knocked them years back with there development. The problem is it can be tweaked and used on different targets.It is very agresive and very hard to get rid of.
so if the governments of the world continue to persecute the peaceful protesters of Anon may they one be tempted to use such a virus in retaliation. Time will tell. This thing could be adapted if they have the know how and used on different industrial targets like industry and commerce etc.
For those of you that dont know about the virus check the link. It is interesting and the first of its kind virus a atomic bomb in cyber warfare.

kx

www.thewhisper.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
things are heating up i think this is fantastic bring in the popcorn!

(link isn't broke my apologies)
edit on 14/2/2011 by BarmyBilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Remember when Anon hacked into HGbary the internet security company last week in a revenge attack for them trying to sell Anon info to the FBI. Well apparntly Anon got hold of the Stuxnet virus code.

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

Please take the time to follow up on your post and i am not referring to it on a daily timeline.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Time to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Anon, for all their evils, are either doing us a stonking great favour, in making sure that the internet stays open, wiiiiide open. or they're bringing abou the death of this version of the web. Time will tell. In the mean time, I'm loving the show their putting on.

*applauds*

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I really like Anon and the messages of freedom they send out, but neither side should have this. It will be like the cold war of the future. The implications could be absolutely devastating. It is kind of disturbing that Anon is anonymous and have no idea what kind of people have the code for the virus and how far they could be willing to go.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

Please take the time to follow up on your post and i am not referring to it on a daily timeline.

That was not done on purpose. There company is messed up big time now. You want a laugh check this whenHBGary Federal, sent its president Penny Leavy into the Anonymous IRC chat rooms. To try and minimize the damage...

http:///x69Akp5L

kx

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Iran isnt the only Nation who (wants to) use Nuclear Power Plants...I have had a bad feeling about Stuxnet the first Time i heard about it....False Flag anyone?

Creating something like that was stupid in the first Place...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This is awful news because Anon is a collective band of hackers with no real leader or central philosophy. Anyone in the group can declare that the virus should be used on an unsuspecting victim regardless of the level of offense done against Anon. The virus has been put into the hands of what would be the equivalent of any rogue terrorist group. Sure, they are doing good but it does not mean they can't or aren't corrupt to a certain degree.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
Iran isnt the only Nation who (wants to) use Nuclear Power Plants...I have had a bad feeling about Stuxnet the first Time i heard about it....False Flag anyone?

Creating something like that was stupid in the first Place...

It has been tailored to look for spefic software and hardware some of this hardware only comes from Iran. However there is nothing stoping it being altered to work on different hardware. The russians who are helping Iran are saying that if there reactor is turned on now it could cause an Iranian Chernobyl.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Stuxnet is dangerous to only one item in the entire world: Iranian nuclear centrifuges. It cannot be “tweaked” or modified or altered to go after other systems. The system exploits Stuxnet used have been closed and would be nearly impossible to replicate. Even then, Stuxnet was successful only because it had used device driver keys that would be very difficult to get a hold of.

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
We are the resistance!
Anon wouldn't attack the citizens with stuxnet (the real anon)..
We don't have anything to worry about there.
They would drop it on paypal, amazon, ect....

Unless this is a CIA con,
Say *anon the hackers* have stuxnet
unleash it on anyone/thing/company/ in your way...
Blame it on anon...
Someone could be setting us up for the internet kill switch..
*OH NO stuxnet is everywhere we must shut down the internet*

edit on 14-2-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
This is awful news because Anon is a collective band of hackers with no real leader or central philosophy. Anyone in the group can declare that the virus should be used on an unsuspecting victim regardless of the level of offense done against Anon. The virus has been put into the hands of what would be the equivalent of any rogue terrorist group. Sure, they are doing good but it does not mean they can't or aren't corrupt to a certain degree.

Anon are not a rogue terrorist group. maybe that is what the governments would have you think so they can continue making arrests, eemember years ago they burnt books, well now they censor the internet. Anon are a collective and they are standing up to protect the internet from censorship. Most of protests sofar have remained peacefull. Really a Ddos protest is the same as lots of people walking through the front doors of a bank and therefore stopping other people enter. But yes it does appear to be a war so if companies like Hbgary decide to try and hack anon do the members not have the right to protect themselves. Activism acts outside the remit of the law when the law does not cater. It is an integral part of the democratic system.

kx

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
What an awesome reason to take full control of the net. How many world leaders are scratching their head about Egypt just now? If the net has become a modern AK-47 then they probably have to find a reason to regulate it better than they did the previous tool of choice for revolutionaries.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin

Anon are not a rogue terrorist group. maybe that is what the governments would have you think so they can continue making arrests, eemember years ago they burnt books, well now they censor the internet. Anon are a collective and they are standing up to protect the internet from censorship. Most of protests sofar have remained peacefull. Really a Ddos protest is the same as lots of people walking through the front doors of a bank and therefore stopping other people enter. But yes it does appear to be a war so if companies like Hbgary decide to try and hack anon do the members not have the right to protect themselves. Activism acts outside the remit of the law when the law does not cater. It is an integral part of the democratic system.

kx

Sorry, but I find that a bit self serving, to say the least. Anonymous is protecting wikileaks, and thats it, it aint about free speech, and if it were, how would you defend their DNS attacks on Palin and her supporter's websites? Dont they have the right to speak freely, or is Anonymous now the gate keeper for what constitutes free speech on the web and what doesnt?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Yes, it is true that the original Stuxnet was programmed with specific targetting instructions as descrbed at the wiki en.wikipedia.org...

The problem is that Stuxnet was also programmed to be updatable. Meaning the target can be changed and the virus can be morphed to adapt to security measures.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Something does not sound right here at all. Why would Anon target Iran with Stuxnet when Iran has already been hit with it? The Anon that surfaced on the cablegate release was standing for the people and after the large multinational companies. This stinks of a false flag, hoax or some other diversion to me. I guess that is one thing with the name Anon as it could be anyone, mainly someone who does not want to be known. The enemies of Iran are already well known.
edit on 14-2-2011 by kwakakev because: spelling 'of'

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
reply to post by SirMike

Yes, it is true that the original Stuxnet was programmed with specific targetting instructions as descrbed at the wiki en.wikipedia.org...

The problem is that Stuxnet was also programmed to be updatable. Meaning the target can be changed and the virus can be morphed to adapt to security measures.

Only if you know exactly what you are looking for and where to find it. Its my understanding that stuxnet disabled the speed safety controls on uranium separation centrifuges. In order to do this effectively, the designers of Stuxnet need to know details and design specifications about those centrifuges and their control systems that only someone on the inside could have provided to them.

Unless someone knows exactly what to look for and how to exploit it, Stuxnex is useless.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
Something does not sound right here at all. Why would Anon target Iran with Stuxnet when Iran has already been hit with it? The Anon that surfaced on the cablegate release was standing for the people and after the large multinational companies. This stinks of a false flag, hoax or some other diversion to me. I guess that is one thing with the name Anon as it could be anyone, mainly someone who does not want to be known. The enemies of Iran are already well known.
edit on 14-2-2011 by kwakakev because: spelling 'of'

you read it wrong anon never targerted iran. however they now have a copy of the code that was used to attack iran.

kx

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
all overt the net where this story is discuss people are thinking that anon will attack iran. this virus has already been used from what i gather on iran so what would be the point of doing it again. as was stated in a previous reply, this malware is either adaptable or will be a stepping stone for the hackers to learn new codings and encryption techniques to bring down companies or governments or whoever anon deem to attack. got my mask anyways (tho i had it for years since V for Vendetta first came out _javascript:icon('
') )

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join