It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here We Go: France Demands New Global Finance System--End of Dollar Dominance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This isn't the first time a cry for a global currency was heard above the din.

Back in 2009, following the G20 summitt, they released a plan that they hoped would remove the dollar as the world reserve currency. They even said they had a world currency in waiting.

We have China keeping their currency low in order to keep exports cheap. That's hurting American competitors. In effect, they're controlling the entire global currency system.

Russia has taken many steps to encourage this NWO, as well. President Medvedev recently said in a speech that it was time for a new world order---and it could be furthered by forcefully attacking the dollar and claiming that it was time for a new reserve currency. “Only three, five years ago it seemed like a fantasy” to create a new reserve currency. Now we are seriously discussing it.” He does not seem to be alone on that ride. It seems China is up to the challenge as well.

Seems France is on board now, too.

Things are going to change.....

Very soon.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hello MRuss,

Do you have a link to information on this subject?

IMO, the dollar has no place as being the worlds reserve currency, due to it's instability and ease of being manipulated by the Fed. Hate to say this but this is a long time in the making.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

France, as current head of the Group of 20 countries, will help the transition to a global financial system based on 'several international currencies', French Economy Minister Christine Lagarde said today.

Lagarde, speaking ahead of a G20 finance ministers meeting in Paris on Friday and Saturday, said the world had to move on from the 'non-monetary system' it now has to one 'based on several international currencies'.

www.rte.ie...

Here ya go!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Yes, I'll provide some links. Sorry about that.

Most of what I said are just things I've picked up from reading and studying the issue.

But the French announcement is all over the news today, including the Drudge Report.

I agree with you about the dollar---but I can't help but believe that this isn't all contrived as part of the NWO plan. I've seen it coming, too.

I'm not particularly interested in American dominance, but I'm sure as hell not interested in the NWO plan either!

Here's a link to today's story on the French:

www.rte.ie...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Heres something to keep in mind (imo). There is alot of money being made off the "spread" between the worlds' currencies. If there was "one" common currency, what would that do to the entire "currency exchange" market? It would disappear instantaneously. Many well to do folks worldwide, who make their livlihoods capturing the profits found in the "spread", will be very upset.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

Please remember that the discussion in the world is whether to replace the dollar as the world's "reserve" currency only. Each country will keep it's own currency and there will still be spreads, although you're probably right that there will be less interest in trading the dollar and more interest in looking at other currency trades.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here is another recent thread in how the IMF is calling for a dollar alternative. www.abovetopsecret.com...

In it, the policy control of the IMF has shifted from the CFR to the G20,
. Standardising the international stock markets and getting rid of the international currency traders is going to take a lot of pressure of the financial system and help restore some common sense to how money works. It is good to hear some national leaders getting behind it.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I really do wish the rest world would take the reigns of global economy for 5 minutes, the USA needs atleast 20 years of isolation, meaning no trade, no handouts and no god darn wars. We would come out of it a changed country and the world would be even more so changed.
edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: john stipe made me do it

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
I really do wish the rest world would take the reigns of global economy for 5 minutes, the USA needs atleast 20 years of isolation, meaning no trade, no handouts and no god darn wars. We would come out of it a changed country and the world would be even more so changed.
edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: john stipe made me do it

The irony here is, that it is the U.S. military, who seems to be "working for and protecting" the worlds' corporate interests. So, inherently we'll never really be "uninvolved" (IMHO)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

More reason to stop having a "reserve" currency and just get on with having a single currency for everything.

The Chinese have been pushing for SDR's to replace the dollar since early 2009 too......which some might think odd since they hold a trillion US$'s in cash and treasury bonds.

but basically it looks liek the petro-dollar era is drawing to a close - china is now officially the world's 2nd largest economy, passing Japan, and is still growing faster than anywhere else. Add to that the increasing economies of India & Brazil & the world is shifting to a multi-lateral market - no longer will everything be made in Asia and sold in the USA or Europe.

to survive as top economies the "old world" is going to have to actually produce more and create value, instead of simply running unimaginably huge deficits.

It's going to hurt - expecially those in the USA who have been cosseted by agricultural subsidies and cheap oil.

new topics

top topics

join