It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" <-- Doesn't work?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

The ethos of this quote is about living your life to the ideals that you wish everyone else to adhere to, and the consequent ripple effect that your attitude and philosophy will have.

For example, I'm a vegetarian too, but I'm not an arse about it. I just explain and argue my position on the matter through logic, and at the very least, those who have heard my arguments will think critically about what I've said, and on some occasions, will come around to my way of thinking.

You're right - from a realist's point of view - that this philosophy ultimately doesn't work.

But at least we can still strive to lead a good life and encourage others to follow a similar path.

After all, wasn't ''hope'' the only thing that was left in Pandora's Box ?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
In this society the median is the message. Two things promote "the change" and they are those of fame/status adoption and preaching of an idea or the harsh reality. So pretty much envy and fear.

If people wanted to counter the fear mongering on TV they could, create movements with propoganda based around greater fear of the future under current leadership then repeat it with even more frequency through social networking. I would say the most effective method for this would be to lead in with comedy of sorts then drop the dark punch. Good emotional range for high impact cerebral pentration. would have to be outside the box and shocking to go viral.

Or just wait until it economically implodes.

Peaceful revolutions are better often than letting it come to states of desparity, but iPhones and tablets are easier than revolutions. We human being's are born in a world based on the PATH OF LEAST RESISTENCE. So tell me if you are above water, will you just follow the stream? It chose it's path for it's ease but that doesn't mean it's going to last forever. Sometimes it seems people have to be the perverbial earthquake.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join