It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt declares 'bank holiday' after worker strikes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Egypt declares 'bank holiday' after worker strikes

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - Egypt declared Monday a bank holiday after workers emboldened by the ousting of President Hosni Mubarak and angered by low wages and poor working conditions disrupted operations at the country's state banks.

The Egyptian pound was little changed in slow trade on Sunday, the first day of trading since President Hosni Mubarak was toppled from power on Friday, and the central bank said it had successfully covered an auction of 6.5 billion Egyptian pounds ($1.1 billion) in treasury bills.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is ANOTHER noteworthy development in the ever-unfolding Egyptian events and fight for freedom...

BANKS shutting down, due to lack of activity?

Connect the dots here people...

WHO are THE biggest problem makers, manipulators, and victimizers on the global scene?

The BANKSTERS.

Now this appears to have hit state-owned chains, but it still poses a very interesting aspect and possibility:

Are nationwide strikes, and / or perhaps pulling assets out of the banks, a way to begin bringing the greedy bankster industries to their knees?

We should all be paying VERY close attention to what is taking place here people, as I have a feeling the Egyptian people are showing at least SOME semblance of how we may be able to begin combating this VERY broken system WE are being subjected to as well, as most of us are aware that BANKSTERS are running things here in the states as well...

Hmmm....

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Makes me wonder, what the value of their currency will be at when the banks re-open. You are right Op, we need to pay close attention! Actually I am starting to feel like TPTB are taking notes, and will inevitably do their best to be "better" prepared for civil unrest if/when it occurs here in the U.S..

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I definitely agree with what you purpose- we should be watching the bank systems... I do find there are many people making more than they need, the level of poverty is more significant over in Egypt, but there are enough people living on a level close to that here. When a CEO is making close to one million per year and there are poor about, something is not right. I don't believe in communism, but I do believe there is a problem with greed and how much we need to pay for things.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I hope we can get back to the days when a company had to prove that they were here for the peoples best interest not for what best lines their pocket. My belief is that we need to bring back a monetary system that is backed by gold and silver or bring back the barter system. I hope Egypt brings about real change and doesn't let their revolution get hijacked by the group of thugs that are running this once great country. No doubt the banking power brokers are watching this closely and refining their skills to do it better here in the states.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thanks to the corporate media and it's lies and inability to ask the kind of hard probing questions many on ATS do we won't know if the strike by bank employees in Egypt yesterday was the result of 'low wages for rank and file employees, and high wages and favoritism for top bank officers' as the news stories claim, or if the very people who work at the banks see the dishonest nature of the fractional reserve banking system and the financial manipulation of the economy through it.

If you want to starve a populace into submission, it's pretty easy, close the banks, and shut down the ATM's, shudder the stores and close the warehouses, idle the trucks, cut communication lines, and wait for supplies to run out and people to submit and comply for a hot MRE served up at an army stand then set up to do that.

"People are like chickens, you can pluck out all their feathers and leave them defenseless and naked and they will happily scamper about at your feet for a few grains of corn"

Josehp Stalin.

As the armed forces move to cement their control, we can in fact see that Egypt was a bloodless military coup and not a revolution of the people.

How the people will ultimately respond to this as they awake from the celebration of ridding themselves of a despised leader, to the nightmare of living under Martial Law with no legislature or constitution remains to be seen.

We can see how the Armed forces are intending to impose Martial Law and attempt to starve the people into submission though.

edit on 14/2/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Good post as usual PT...

I think an addition to this, on another way to begin detaching from this system and disconnecting from the RIGGED game these folks have set up, is to begin working on self-sufficiency, independent of "stores" and the modernized, technological societal paradigm.

Many on ATS have put forth some good ideas in relation to this.

It starts with setting up community networking, or even familial networking.

Start with setting up a garden, and growing your own vegetables. Get a couple of chickens, if possible. Start supplementing your own food production, and become less dependent on the corporate food chains.

Propose more bartering within your community, and more trading of skills and services with one another.

We lived for tens of thousands of years prior to this type of system we see. It can be done yet again.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Those are all great ideas, and yes, I think it's possible to starve the Powers that Be into submission by shunning the things that they provide.

That is a whole lot of things though.

But yes, I myself believe 'alternative procurement streams' are the way to go, for your own well being and peace of mind if nothing else.

Great post my friend.

new topics

top topics

join