It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musculoskeletal Disorder warning on the back of my keyboard!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I just spilled water on my keyboard, so I flipped it over and saw this warning...

It says that keyboard and frequent mouse use will lead to some disorders and conditions namely musculoskeletal disorder (MSD's)

These include Carpal Tunnel - Tendonitis - tenosynovitis - and other conditions.

Throbbing, aching, tingling, numbness, stiffness, and burnings sensations are some symptoms not to be ignored.
Symptoms likes these can be also associated with painful and sometimes disabling injuries or disorders like the ones above.

They also tell you if you order a cd about it there is no charge. I guess they don't want any lawsuits.. lol....

Anyway just thought i'd share that with you all!

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
That made me flip over my key board.

Nothing, no warnings. Its pretty old though, made in 2001. I should get a new one.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yeah, they now put that on all new recent keyboards, especially to avoid lawsuits.

Mines even have a list of precaution to take to avoid such injuries. Like taking frequent short break, and getting up and walking around at least a couple of times every hours.

Yeah, right... Like I'll go take a walk every #ing hours lol... Get lost, stupid keyboard instruction. I thought it was hilarious tho.

They also say "avoid resting your wrists on sharp edges"...

Duh...

[Edited on 15-7-2004 by m0rbid]

join