It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just got back from Grand Cayman and Cozumel...great trip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'll followup with some pics as I get them uploaded.

My wife and I did a 5 day cruise, and had a great time. We got to swim with the stingrays in Stingray City in Grand Cayman (small island below Cuba) and tour the Mayan ruins in Cozumel (Mexico). It's actually the first week-long vacation we've had since our Honeymoon (7 years ago)....and it was much needed.

Also came back with little medals, trophies, and champagne bottles for winning so much stuff in ship contests (though no monetary prizes...oh well, had fun participating though, and even more fun to win).

Highly recommended destinations if you're planning such a trip. The water was amazing in both locales (especially Cozumel by the ruins), and lots of things to do and see.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Glad you had a great trip

nothing better that a summer vacation in the winter time!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Welcome home!

Love the Mayan ruins.

I am leaving for Guatemala in a few weeks to visit Mayan ruins.

I love cruises, though.

Something good about floating around on a giant spa and soaking in the sun....

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The only downside with Carnival, was that the shows on the ship aren't as good as Royal Caribbean or Disney, and there isn't a way to buy photo packages (you have to buy each one separately, which really gets expensive).

In the future, we'll likely stick with one or the other, depending on destinations. I'm a big fan of going new places...vs. the same cruises. We may do an Alaskan one next year maybe...depending on finances, time required, etc.

new topics

top topics

join