It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Possible Explanation for Underwater Cities found in Google Earth - Check out Arkansas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Time to post this again:

These "Atlantis" lines indeed represent sonar data gathered by the UK when they investigated the Madeira Abyssal Plain for possible use as a nuclear material dump site.

As you can see, the lines on Google Earth match lines on the survey route.
edit on 2011/2/14 by IAttackPeople because: tags

edit on 2011/2/14 by IAttackPeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

Do they look the same as the ones in the Andes though? Is there likely to have been a sonar survey that high up? I don't know anything about this but are the two cases even the same artifact?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by G.A.G.
www.s8int.com...
According to this website Jacque Cousteau explored this lake and didnt find anything manmade. Then it goes onto say something about pyramids being found?
edit on 14-2-2011 by G.A.G. because: (no reason given)

He did have a search around the lake, but didn't find any ruins, only pottery shards...or so he claims.

He either didn't look very far, or he's lying about what he found there, because;

There is a sunken 660ft X 160ft temple in lake Titicaca.

There is also a 2,600ft long wall and road system there too...and terraces for cultivating crops and it's pre-Incan.

This is fairly old news, here's a BBC report from August 2000;

news.bbc.co.uk...

The ruins of an ancient temple have been found by international archaeologists under Lake Titicaca, the world's highest lake.

A terrace for crops, a long road and an 800-metre (2,600 feet) long wall was also found under the waters of the lake, sited in the Andes mountains between Bolivia and Peru.

Dating back 1,000 to 1,500 years ago, the ruins are pre-Incan. They have been attributed to the indigenous Tiwanaku or Tiahuanaco people, said Lorenzo Epis, the Italian scientist leading the Atahuallpa 2000 scientific expedition.

So..these might not *only* be imaging artifacts we're seeing on these GE images after all...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

You're right. I feel now that Jacque Cousteau has probably "hidden" more from us. At some point he must have changed teams on us, and went to work for the people who like to "hide" things, that really may enlighten us about our true "past/origins".

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

Yes, they do seem to, don't they.

Thanks for that.

Of course, if i was the argumentative type i might possibly argue that yes, of course the survey lines mirror the 'Atlantis' lines. It's exactly what you'd expect to see if they were surveying a sunken city (for example), steering the survey ship's course following the anomalies being detected below.

But, i'm not in much of an argumentative mood.

Cheers for the survey scan line/sonar link.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by G.A.G.
reply to post by spikey

You're right. I feel now that Jacque Cousteau has probably "hidden" more from us. At some point he must have changed teams on us, and went to work for the people who like to "hide" things, that really may enlighten us about our true "past/origins".

Agreed.

Being charitable about it, you could say that it's a big lake and perhaps he just didn't notice...maybe.

I'm more inclined to think he didn't switch sides, he stayed with the original side, which i reckon is probably French intelligence. Either the DCRI (the Central Directorate of Interior Intelligence), or the external version - DGSE (General Directorate for External Security).

No evidence or anything, just a hunch.

But yeah, finds such as these are very important to our peoples.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
What a coincidence, lol. This is what I posted on the legendary Times site awhile ago and no one had a clue.

Hi all. Sorry if this is "old" news, but, I've never heard or seen these before. Just wondering if anyone else noticed these absolutly straight, dark lines that run paralel to each other. I was google earth cruising the other night around Puma Punku and ended up going around the edge of Lake Titicaca when I noticed the strangest thing just under the water line. You have to see it for yourself on google earth. Start at 16'24'24.41 S 68'52'04.42'W elev 12530 ft (note you need the degrees sign after the 16 and 68). Anyway, once you get there and get focused on the dark line, try following and you will notice it is perfectly straight for miles. Next go to either left or right (about 450 yards) to see another line that runs paralel on each side. I counted 6 on the Peruvian side and way over 30 on the Bolivian side, all the exact same distance apart. Another starter spot is 16'28'31.50' S 68'53'54.81 W elev 12540 ft I have a feeling that there are way more of these lines in the lake but the resolution in google earth is crappy once you get further out in the lake. For those that have dificulty with google co-ordinates, (lol, I do too) the ones I could see are mostly in the bay beside Guaqui, left side all the way over to the point and beyond. . I'll put markers on them and saved them ib a facebook link, but I'm just getting started here (rookie).
Anyway, please let me know what you think they may be. Thanks. Here is another close location to start, Latitude 16°28'30.23"S Longitude 68°56'31.11"W elev 12546, or just google earth search Comunidad Santa Rosa and zoom into the water level (just about) around the peninsula. They all run east /west about a 100ft apart, Hope that helps...Oh ya, you will notice there is an eye alt indicator in the bottom right of google earth, you can see 2 lines on the same screen shot at eye alt 14451 ft

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kazood2

Your pictures are too small to be of any real use. Thanks for putting in the effort though.
That always counts for something.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

They are resolution artifacts. That is all.I work a lot with graphics and im sure that's no city your looking at.. Soz

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

They are resolution artifacts. That is all.I work a lot with graphics and im sure that's no city your looking at.. Soz

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: leira7

Not a glitch...I live here and I can say for sure that the structures you see are there. The county intentionally made Lake Pine Bluff over an existing neighborhood. There have been dams that have flooded and re-flooded areas that were once neighborhoods as well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join