It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Possible Explanation for Underwater Cities found in Google Earth - Check out Arkansas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hello Everyone, today, while I was on Google Earth, I discovered the same type of phenomena that people have been making videos about, in regards to Lake Titicaca Peru.

Well, I found this same pattern of underwater blocks in a couple of bodies of water near Pine Bluff, Arkansas. Here are the Google Earth Coordinates, to be exact: 34•19'01.18" N 92•04'05.65" W

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a55a41638514.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ab3778c31ab.jpg[/atsimg]
Explanations:

1) A Google Earth or Satellite digitizing error of some sort, that gives the effect that there are underwater cities in rivers and lake beds
2) OR, there is no image capturing error, and there really are underwater cities not only in Peru, but also in the US.

If you have found some areas outside of peru, it would be helpful to list the coordinates or show the images of these places here to further the discussion of this apparent phenomena. Myself personally, I just want to know the truth, and I will keep an open mind to receiving either answer, because that is all a Truthseeker can really do.

Just Found an Article in support of these underwater cities!!! Crazy!? The Scientist responsible for the find, is refusing to reveal him/herself, strange?

Researchers have revealed the first images from the Caribbean sea floor of what they believe are the archaeological remains of an ancient civilization. Guarding the location’s coordinates carefully, the project’s leader, who wishes to remain anonymous at this time, says the city could be thousands of years old; possibly even pre-dating the ancient Egyptian pyramids, at Giza.

www.heralddeparis.com...
SOURCE PAGE

edit on 14-2-2011 by leira7 because: added google snapshot of arkansas location

edit on 14-2-2011 by leira7 because: added a larger image of same picture

edit on 14-2-2011 by leira7 because: Just Haddd to add this article

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Obviously a glitch..

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
These anomalies have to do with the digitizing technique.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I know that the Aztecs use to build on water. they built cities on waters. Possibly related, or the fact that there is so much anomalies, that this is a computer era.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Whodathunkit....

Atlantis is in Peru!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Yeah, I just added some images of the area I'm talking about, I think it would help us, to prove that this is a glitch, by showing or finding more areas around the world that display this 'underwater city' type pattern, so that people will know, without a doubt that there is really nothing to this.

For those out there who still have a shred of hope that there is something to it, then, I will just mention that this area does happen to be near a military base, and there may be an odd and twisted connection to the fish and bird deaths, and ufos.

If nothing else, it is fun to think about, and, when thinking of this, it would make me feel a lot better if someone could, without a doubt prove this is really a computer glitch. I'm going to laugh at it, so that I don't freak out about the earth witnessing a hollywood-Haarp-bluebeam-esque type of misinfo disinfo feartactic government programmed BS event.

Let The Great Debate begin!!!!

edit on 14-2-2011 by leira7 because: fixing the video

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
There is obviously a huge difference between the image you provided and what is viewable on google earth.
Why you are making such a comparison is something I don't understand.

Here is a screenshot taken from google earth, compare it with your image

IT--

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

It occurs to me that there is a possibility that exists, but doesnt seem to be talked about too much. Google "hides" geographical features. Topographical and bathymetric. Either they are instructed to do so or they are going to release a premium version of google earth in the future, where one might be offered access to this data, if they "PAY" for it. I dunno, just thinkin'. Sure there is/are digital nuances or glitches here and there, but I dont feel that accounts for "all" the anomolies.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by edog11
There is obviously a huge difference between the image you provided and what is viewable on google earth.
Why you are making such a comparison is something I don't understand.

IT--

I am comparing the LAKE TITICACA images (compare here) with the arkansas images I found today. I am in no way, making any conclusions, I have completely opened this up for discussion, and members consideration of what they believe it could be, whether it is an anomaly or an actual city underwater. What do you think? At this point, I haven't yet found any other places where I've seen these patterns show up as they do in Peru and Arkansas.

MY STANCE: Who knows what could be down there

I am keeping an open mind on the matter.
I believe The ARTICLE I posted in the OP about scientists discovering an underwater city in the caribbean may actually support your belief that an Atlantis may exist in that area.
edit on 14-2-2011 by leira7 because: forget to mention

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I don't know about that lake near Pine Bluff, but I know there are many other lakes in the areas that certainly contain old flooded cities. Grand Lake near Grove, Oklahoma has many communities that were flooded by the corps of engineers when they built the lake. Most of the boat ramps in the areas are actually just roads that go off into the lakes, that used to lead to communities.

When I was a kid, there was a boy killed when he dove off a bridge and hit the top of an underwater stop sign!

Maybe research the lake near Pine Bluff and see if it was a man-made lake?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Pine Bluff is on the Arkansas River; the community was named for a bluff along that river. Both Lake Pine Bluff and Lake Langhofer are situated within the city limits as these are bodies of water which are remnants of the historical Arkansas River channel (the former is man made and the latter is a natural oxbow).

en.wikipedia.org...

That area could potentially be flooded, but, now that I have just found that article that I added to the OP about scientists discovering an ancient city in the caribbean, well, I just don't know anymore, it's starting to get weird. Perhaps there is something to this?
Here is the ARTICLE talking about Satellite images of an underwater city.
What do you think?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I've read a lot about the "bimini road" and there is plenty of evidence to suggest that water levels were not always what they are now. I believe there are probably hundreds of buried cities in coastal areas, and maybe in other shallow areas among our oceans!

It is quite possible that during a different time period, Lake Titicaca wasn't a lake, but just a small pond with villages along its shorelines. Things could have changed and the villages could have been flooded. Perhaps Florida was once much, much larger. A sea level drop of just a few feet would drastically change the shoreline of Florida, as would a sea rise of just a few feet!

I haven't gotten to go Scuba Dive the Bimini Road, but I plan to as soon a possible! Maybe a Scuba Trip to Pine Bluff should be in my future as well?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
These anomalies have to do with the digitizing technique.
yes,probably but,the "glitch"didn't show up in all the images.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree that there is a high chance of finding Caribbean cities flooded, as well as Lake Titicaca being a flooded ancient civilization. However, if we are to use these satellite images of the given structural patterns, as supportive evidence that underwater cities do exist, and can be spotted using Google Earth, then, we must also consider the bodies of water near Pine Bluff, Arkansas, because Arkansas is showing the EXACT SAME type of patterns.

So, what does this mean? Could there really be another underwater city in Arkansas USA? If the satellite images can say "YES" for both Lake Titicaca and the Russian Researched areas for offshore locations in Cuba, then, this WOULD conclude that there IS a great possibility that there really are underwater cities in Arkansas and perhaps also in the Arkansas river. And if this is true, then it really makes me question, just what in the hell is going on? 5000+ birds don't all just decide to run into trees and houses, they don't all just die of blunt force trauma.

It eerily reminds of that scene from the movie "Signs" Could these cities really be underwater UFO bases? Is there a military connection to all of this?
edit on 14-2-2011 by leira7 because: I think we should start looking at bodies of water near military bases

edit on 14-2-2011 by leira7 because: The Ark? Arkansas? What is in a name? Check out the river, isn't this where all the fish died?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

For the record this image is the Atlantic disposal site for the UK's nuclear energy program.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The only way to sort this one out is to go do some field work. If there is something there then it should be verifiable.

Is this about Aliens and UFOs, Cos that is what this forum is for?

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Whodathunkit....

Atlantis is in Peru!

What does Atlantis have to do with an underwater anomaly in Peru or the US? If the anomaly is there (big if) then it needs explaining. What's the point in trying to belittle honest enquiry?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

You're kidding?

That image is a grid roughly 100 miles X 100 miles!

The UK did not construct all that, just to dump nuclear waste mate, that would have cost Trillions and taken donkeys years for us to build.

If we are dumping NW there, it's probably a cover to prevent people from going down and exploring the area.

I've found loads of these grids on GE.

Although, a long while back i pointed these out on boards like ATS, i was told at the time that there was nothing to them, as they were only side scanning sonar anomalies...iow, lines made by a ship dragging a sonar buoy over a grid area.

I'll have a look for the others i've found and post them.

There is another grid near to the one on the image in your post, but it's made of larger grid sections, and it's less defined...but it's there, about 150 miles South West of the island of Madeira.

There's another, very large area grid, just West of Ireland. It's about 400 X 400 miles square.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The Lake Titicaca anomaly just exactly like a JPG/image compression artifact. So do all the other anomalies listed in this thread, EXCEPT the one I will call the Atlantis anomaly, off the west coast of Africa.

The image from this article:
www.heralddeparis.com...
are also identical to JPG or image compression artifacts. Those images actually look like compression artifacts (which exist in 2D images) used as a texture for a 3D object (the earth, or the ocean floor), so there is a little bit of skew in the lines - they are not perfectly parallel nor perpendicular.

The Atlantis anomaly thingie, off Africa's coast, does not have the characteristic JPG compression artifact look and feel. It looks a bit different. There are a few lines in it when are not parallel nor could they be parallel even if the image was skewed - most of the lines are parallel or perpendicular except for a few. I know when boats are mapping the ocean floor, they travel in relatively straight lines, and there is a higher resolution of the depth mapping along their paths. This may account for this anomaly. This website has medium resolution bathymetry for the globe: www.ngdc.noaa.gov...

I use it to look for potential underwater structures. If you look at the coast of Africa you will see tons and tons of lines spreading out across the Atlantic ocean. Near the gulf of mexico and the carribbean there are also many lines, some leading to Bermuda among others. Really interesting stuff. I don't know if the lines actually MEAN anything, or if they are imaging artifacts.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
www.s8int.com...
According to this website Jacque Cousteau explored this lake and didnt find anything manmade. Then it goes onto say something about pyramids being found?
edit on 14-2-2011 by G.A.G. because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

For the record this image is the Atlantic disposal site for the UK's nuclear energy program.

Yeah they use that dumping ground for everything from the Schooner Nautilus to old captured nazi submarines.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join