It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Company That Records Your Calls for Quality Assurance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Thanks so much for the thread! I had no idea such technology was being used. I'm usually as polite as I can be with such calls in the first place, since for me "you're being recorded for quality assurance" should put any caller on guard not to be abusive; the recording will put you at fault. I'm wondering if in general does that message put most people on their best behaviour, or not?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RomaMayLi

I don't think most people would care. Especially since they are on the phone.

What I think is hilarious is that several years ago we had an issue with our cable. The guy came out and found the cable had been spliced to my next door neighbors. I got a bill for about $200 worth of adult movies. I called back after the guy left to let them know what he said. My call was being recorded. The next month the charges were still there. They claim no record of anything. So much for the recording working in favor of the customer.

I always try to be polite. I know the folks on the other end of the phone get it rough.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Personally I've worked almost my entire career as a call center rep in some facet of my job and all of the QA work has been done in house. Even companies that outsource their actual call center employees will still keep the QA'ing of said employees in house. Not much to be concerned about.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Welcome to the party:

ECHELON is describe a signals intelligence (SIGINT) collection and analysis network operated on behalf of the five signatory states to the UK–USA Security Agreement (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States, known as AUSCANNZUKUS).[1][2] ECHELON intercepts and content inspection of telephone calls, fax, e-mail and other data traffic globally through the interception of communication bearers including satellite transmission, public switched telephone networks (which once carried most Internet traffic) and microwave links.[5]

Main Core is the code name of a database maintained since the 1980s by the federal government of the United States. Main Core contains personal and financial data of millions of U.S. citizens believed to be threats to national security.[1] The data, which comes from the NSA, FBI, CIA, and other sources,[1] is collected and stored without warrants or court orders.[1]

Carnivore was a system implemented by the Federal Bureau of Investigation that was designed to monitor email and electronic communications.

NarusInsight, a supercomputer system which is allegedly used by the NSA and other bodies to perform mass surveillance and monitoring of citizens' and corporations' Internet communications in real-time, and whose installation in AT&T's San Francisco Internet backbone gave rise to a 2006 class action lawsuit by the Electronic Frontier Foundation against AT&T, Hepting v. AT&T.[2]

Feds Warrantlessly Tracking Americans’ Credit Cards in Real Time

Amdocs:

edit on 15-2-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Well, I'm sure they can tell my level of pissedoffedness on the typical automated call if they're recording that part. I hope they're not recording that part. A certain phone company makes you enter your number three times to get anywhere near a human, and then the first thing the human does is ask you for your number. See, entering it the first three times is just busy work for you to make you think something is happening.

And then they wonder why you're cranky by the time you get a broken-English speaking human named John Smith from Mineesoda.

Be careful about getting "mean" on a call, though, because more and more companies are "not tolerating it" and will hang up on you and block you if you attempt to call back. Companies I have heard of doing this are a certain cable company and a certain bank.

Also, if they say they're recording me? I turn on my recorder and tell them I'm recording them too so they can't lie to me or about me. That always causes a long pause (I think they're looking up the situation in their "map" or "flowchart" what to say) and then a very polite reply back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join