It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conspiracy Of UFO aliens and United States Government:The Alien Truth (Dulce)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
For the life of me I can't remember if the "Before It's News" website is considered to be on any kind of level around here, but I did come across this interesting article today. Though it does sound a bit like a science fiction novel, the story of it anyway, I would have to think there is a grain of truth to it as well considering we do know that the Dulce base does exist.

What it entails:

The following is a list of questions that were directed to former Dulce Base Security officer Thomas Edwin Castello approximately a year before his death [or disappearance]. They are followed by his responses:

It does seem to contain a lot of information that could perhaps be checked out if one was a explorer. There seems to be hints on where to look anyway.

I am curious what you folks think of the article at least. If anything it is worth going to look at for it also contains some great old photos of ufos as well

LINK TO ARTICLE

(note: as always I kept the title the same as the op of the article out of respect, it is not my title)

edit on 14-2-2011 by onehuman because: typo

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is a very interesting interview. I didn't realize there was a worldwide subterranean tunnel network. Good find! I hope this guy is right! S & F!!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
I would have to think there is a grain of truth to it as well considering we do know that the Dulce base does exist.

We do? Where can I verify this?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by youthsavior

Thank you, Im glad you enjoyed it. I know it is a bit of a long read, but I know it sure held my attention. The guy seemed to know a lot of things.

I hope some folks that are from around the areas he mentioned read this, they may be able to shed some more light on the areas he refers too, or maybe go explore them. Though frankly I dont know if I would be brave enough!

I also cant help but wonder if the guy just went back into hiding or did die or.... well, you know.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
For the life of me I can't remember if the "Before It's News" website is considered to be on any kind of level around here, but I did come across this interesting article today. Though it does sound a bit like a science fiction novel, the story of it anyway, I would have to think there is a grain of truth to it as well considering we do know that the Dulce base does exist.

What it entails:

The following is a list of questions that were directed to former Dulce Base Security officer Thomas Edwin Castello approximately a year before his death [or disappearance]. They are followed by his responses:

It does seem to contain a lot of information that could perhaps be checked out if one was a explorer. There seems to be hints on where to look anyway.

I am curious what you folks think of the article at least. If anything it is worth going to look at for it also contains some great old photos of ufos as well

LINK TO ARTICLE

(note: as always I kept the title the same as the op of the article out of respect, it is not my title)

edit on 14-2-2011 by onehuman because: typo

So? The fact that dulce does exist doesnt mean the conspiracies are true. Secret military bases are breeding grounds for conspiracy theorists primarily because we dont know what goes on there.

The stories about dulce are nutty and beyond belief. Even moreso then Bob lazars area 51 story (which was debunked by Stanton Friedman of all people).

I saw another video where some guy claims he worked there and shot two grey aliens during a fire fight. Just because the base exists doesn't mean its true

The facts: The dulce base is real 2. We dont know what goes on there.

There are no additional facts to verify the nature of what goes on there.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Ok I will retract that statement as we are not 100% sure. This is from Wikipedia though:

Dulce Base is the unofficial name for an alleged secret underground facility under the Archuleta Mesa in Dulce, New Mexico, United States. Paul Bennewitz, employed at a filtration manufacturer with government contracts[citation needed] was the first to raise claims of a secret base in New Mexico[citation needed].

Wikipedia

It "appears" from the statement above something must have been built.

I imagine a lot folks believe it is there. There is certainly a lot of smoke about it, so Im guessing there is a fire to it as well.Then again it could just be a figment of mind for me and thousands of other people including the man that was interviewed.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Paul Bennewitz

Paul Bennewitz (died 2005) was an American businessman who played a major role in shaping the development of UFO Conspiracies since the 1980s.[1] After uncovering secret U.S. Air Force intelligence projects, Bennewitz interpreted the evidence as proof of extraterrestrial life on Earth and a cover up of unidentified flying object evidence, and became the subject of an extended disinformation campaign by Air Force intelligence officers. Much of the disinformation submitted to Bennewitz has since filtered into broader conspiracy theory.

Richard C. Doty was the man who fed Bennewitz the false information.

After concluding that aliens were in fact active on Earth, Bennewitz detailed his assertions to the Aerial Phenomena Research Organization, who regarded him as a deluded paranoid. He then wrote to Air Force Sergeant Richard C. Doty in October 1980 and reported his various claims. Realising that Bennewitz had, as James Mosely writes, "grossly misinterpreted" the information from some "supposedly secure communications systems," Kirtland AFB authorities sent Doty to investigate. (..) For most of the 1980s, Doty and/or ufologist William Moore would relate mostly spurious information to Bennewitz as part of a disinformation campaign designed to distract him from secret military projects at Kirtland. The result was that, over the years, Bennewitz grew ever more paranoid, and his health deteriorated so badly that he had a nervous breakdown.

Source

This might also be of interest to you.

The earliest citation of the term "MJ Twelve" originally surfaced in a purported U.S. Air Force teletype dated November 17, 1980. This so-called "Project Aquarius" teletype had been given to Albuquerque physicist and businessman Paul Bennewitz in November, 1980, by U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations counterintelligence officer Richard C. Doty as part of a disinformation campaign to discredit Bennewitz.

Source
edit on 14-2-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Here is a link to some more stuff on Dulce www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

I have been hearing stories about an underground network for some time. Denver airport sounds like it is another hub for it. The security can be tight to get through, but once past you can move around reasonably freely.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Spent almost my whole morning reading this and I am glad to see an interview like this because it's people like these who risk their lives to tell the truth. No matter what the naysayers/debunkers say, there is nothing that can be debunked about this. Correct me if I'm wrong

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The long history of the Dulce Base claims is littered with liars, fictional people and admitted hoaxes. There's barely a credible source and the people associated with supporting this 'dark side of ufology' are also known for supporting tall-tales. For these reasons, whenever the subject of Dulce is referred to by 'whistle-blowers' or people claiming evil aliens have vats of human and cattle body parts, my BS detector red-lines.

Some names who have pushed the 'nightmare reality,'

John Lear
Branton
Linda Moulton-Howe
Leo Sprinkle
Val Valerian
Project Camelot
Richard Doty
Phil Schneider

A lot of smoke has been generated by these guys over the decades and barely a glimpse of the fire...no evidence. The whole fabric of these claims has taken on a semblance of 'reality' because they've all referred to each other and push variations of the same story. At one point or other, they've been alibis for each other.

It may seem like it's all to be dismissed and tossed out like yesterday's garbage. I think there's something more to these claims and some unknown motivation behind them. There's the ghost of an idea that it's a deliberately generated meme. The 'who, why and what' is potentially a dark business and maybe the names listed for pushing the idea aren't wholly responsible for their actions?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Greg Bishop's book Project Beta details how the Air Force invented the stories of an underground base at Dulce as part of a disinformation campaign centered on Paul Bennewitz. Anyone making subsequent claims about a base at Dulce is either a liar, delusional or part of that campaign.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Paul Bennewitz

Paul Bennewitz (died 2005) was an American businessman who played a major role in shaping the development of UFO Conspiracies since the 1980s.[1] After uncovering secret U.S. Air Force intelligence projects, Bennewitz interpreted the evidence as proof of extraterrestrial life on Earth and a cover up of unidentified flying object evidence, and became the subject of an extended disinformation campaign by Air Force intelligence officers. Much of the disinformation submitted to Bennewitz has since filtered into broader conspiracy theory.

Well, there is a lot of disinformation out there. I have investigated and my account of Paul Bennewitz is more accurate. In fact the real story is from the 70s.

Paul Bennewitz - Inventor who owned a company producing instruments for the Air Force and NASA. He knew how to build computers and electronics surveillance equipment, he was also a UFO investigator aware of sightings in the area of New Mexico. Either he traced the UFOs to Dulce or he flew over Dulce (he was a pilot and his business took him to Denver frequently) and spotted the activity. In 1973 he was monitoring activity on the Mesa and he saw hidden doors on the mountain open up. For the next 5 years he was monitoring a large amount of military activity on the Mesa and spotted saucers there as well as black limos(CIA). For the next 2 years after that he was excelling at his equipment and developed a radio computer setup, and in 1979 we has commnunicating with the base. In 1980 a lot happened, he astoundingly created a video screen with his radio and computer, when this happened he gave a lecture in Albekerke admitting to have seen aliens. Then he met Myrna Hansen, and he wrote to the government about his findings at the end of the year. After they found out is another story.

edit on 14-2-2011 by greyer because: other post

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hi!

First of all, thanks to Kandinsky and Greyer for their illuminative informations, because your posts delivered me some things I didn't already know about the Dulce story!

I've also read everything I could find about Dulce (the account of Thomas E. Castillo, Phil Schneider's claims, the Branton files, the Dulce Papers, etc.). And altough it should be obvious to dismiss the whole story of an alien operated D.U.M.B. in Dulce as Bogus because of the now known development of that possible myth, I still have difficulties to do so.

And that's because: Even if it's true, that Bennewitz was fed disinfo - there was something, that, as Greyer told in the previous post, attracted Bennewitz attention to that area. And that, according to Greyer's information, were UFOs above the Archuleta Mesa, and strange military activity there.

So, before Bennewitz was fed the disinfo, that led to the development of the Dulce myth of an alien operated D.U.M.B., there indeed was something strange in the Dulce area, that made Bennewitz to investigate it.

I didn't just read the infamous accounts mentioned above, I also read accounts of people living there, and what they told about occuring sightings of UFOs, cattle mutilations and paranormal phenomenon (like sightings of Big Foots, but also strange anomalies at a lake near the Mesa) made me come to the conclusion, that there may be a true core to the whole myth.

Interesting was also the behavior, one of the Dulce inhabitants showed, when he was guiding the "UFO Hunters"-Team through the Mesa. He seemed to know more then he wanted to tell.

Hm... have a strange idea... maybe Doty fed information to Bennewitz. But maybe it wasn't really disinfo. Maybe he knew, that the truth would be so unbelievable, that there was no reason to be afraid to tell Bennewitz the truth, because nobody would believe him...

Doesn't that sound plausible?

But seriously, has anyone ever heard something, why Doty did what he did? What were his motifs? Did he show remorse, because he ruined Bennewitz?

edit on 14/2/11 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
It may seem like it's all to be dismissed and tossed out like yesterday's garbage. I think there's something more to these claims and some unknown motivation behind them. There's the ghost of an idea that it's a deliberately generated meme. The 'who, why and what' is potentially a dark business and maybe the names listed for pushing the idea aren't wholly responsible for their actions?

I agree with you. It is true what Winged Bull says, Bennewitz was manipulated and used as a disinformation tool. However, it looks as though there is at least good evidence that the bases exist. What for is the question.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
I think there's something more to these claims and some unknown motivation behind them. There's the ghost of an idea that it's a deliberately generated meme. The 'who, why and what' is potentially a dark business and maybe the names listed for pushing the idea aren't wholly responsible for their actions?

Yep, Kandinsky is right on seems to me. It's murky. Not only that, but diabolically & deliberately murky. The CIA and AFOSI involvement in the whole Ufology field isn't even debatable anymore. Psy-ops, disinfo, and strange loops abound and are par for the course.

The simple explanation--that the disinfo is related to national security--is plausible enough but seemingly fails to totally account for all the known facts/variables.

The Aviary bunch show up in so much of this. Are they commissioned? Or are they rogue? The investigation done by the folk at Reality Uncovered seem to basically think that Doty and associates are rogue elements that have spread the Majestic and Dulce shenanigans for, mostly, personal and professional gain.

That's a little too simplistic for me. So, frustratingly so, I remain in their murky cesspool and long for answers.

Great info and viewpoints in this thread from Cripmeister, Kandinsky, WingedBull, and Geyer.

Kandinsky, I would love to hear any speculation you might have on the following part of your comment:

The 'who, why and what' is potentially a dark business and maybe the names listed for pushing the idea aren't wholly responsible for their actions?

A couple more things:

Driving Mr. Bennewitz Insane

The AFOSI focuses on five priorities:
▪ Develop and retain a force capable of meeting Air Force needs,
▪ Detect and provide early warning of worldwide threats to the Air Force,
▪ Identify and resolve crime impacting Air Force readiness or good order and discipline,
Combat threats to Air Force information systems and technologies, and
▪ Defeat and deter fraud in the acquisition of Air Force prioritized weapons systems.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 14-2-2011 by The GUT because: linky fixy

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Wow that is a very long article!

I will bookmark it and give it a read soon.

Great post though!!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
In 1980 a lot happened, he astoundingly created a video screen with his radio and computer, when this happened he gave a lecture in Albekerke admitting to have seen aliens.

Bennewitz believed Doty and Moore to be his friends, even though they were spying on him. They knew he had built a video-screen to pick up alien communications (I believe he built it under their direction...); the Air Force started transmitting images from old sci-fi movies to him, the source of his "aliens".

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peloquin
And that's because: Even if it's true, that Bennewitz was fed disinfo - there was something, that, as Greyer told in the previous post, attracted Bennewitz attention to that area. And that, according to Greyer's information, were UFOs above the Archuleta Mesa, and strange military activity there.

Bennewitz's mental state was already fragile before he was the target of the disinformation campaign. He could have been seeing mundane events or objects above the mesa and believed it to be aliens. However, as Bennewitz's sightings were in the direction of Kirtland AFB, the Air Force was concerned he was witness to a top secret program to spy on Soviet spy-satellites.
edit on 14-2-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Ok, so possibly the reason for the disinformation campaign was mainly motivated by covering black projects of the Air Force?

That seems plausible, but... does that mean, that all strange happenings in Dulce and the Archuleta Mesa finally can be explained by black projects?

Of course, some of them, like the following incident, possibly can be explained by black projects:

From Thread: Proof Of Dulce Base (Finding more and more clues every day)
Posted by jacquio999, on July 31, 2005 at 14:38 GMT

I had a couple thoughts about the Dulce base...

I wouldnt pay any attention to it, except that I live here, and I have seen weird things. My father and I saw a huge flying triangle travelling very slowly over the highway. It was dusk, and I could only see the general shape, but it had this really weird flickering of blue and red lights underneath, almost like sparks. It passed right over our car (we had pulled to the side of the road) and didnt seem to care about us at all. No sound, very slow. This was the only UFO ive ever seen, and the weirdest thing Ive seen in my entire life. This was about three years ago, btw.

Ive talked to a couple other people that have seen these things, and most of us, for some reason, have the impression that it is man-made. But why test it here, in a relatively populated area and well-travelled highway but so far from any military-related facilities? There has to be something around here, there has to be. If the idea of a secret base hidden in plain sight sounds ridiculous to you, Google about the Greenbrier hotel. Of course these hidden bases are out there somewhere, and this place is sounding more and more suspect all the time. Either that, or this place is being invaded!

[edit]: Okay I know a bunker is not a military base, but it demonstrates that "hiding in plain sight" is a tactic used by the military.

[edit on 31-7-2005 by jacquio999]

The next quote makes the assumption, that the occurences around Dulce are linked to black projects, even very plausible:

From Thread: Proof Of Dulce Base (Finding more and more clues every day)
Posted by meshuggah1324, on July 30, 2005 at 13:32 GMT

The underground Dulce complex isn't located in Dulce NM, it's close though. It's attached to Los Alamos National Laboratory via tube shuttle. Very strict access. This is what a guy that works there told me, and I even called LANL one day and asked them about Dulce and there was this long pause on the phone and they said "uh, weeee don't know what you're talking about"

But although some of the incidents may be explained by black projects of the US Air Force, it's questionable, if all incidents can be explained that way.

For example the following ones:

Dulce New Mexico and Bigfoot sightings...

Here a link to an interview, an investigator did with a Dulce inhabitant. How reliable that source is, I don't know, but I find it quite remarkable. Look yourselves:

ufoexperiences.blogspot.com...

And here another interesting interview:

ufoexperiences.blogspot.com...

Also very interesting to read is the following article, providing some more background informaton to the Dulce-myth and giving an impression, what the life in and the people of Dulce are like:

Where white man is an alien

That article also provides some information about the strange anomalies I've spoken about above:

Our guide took us to land his family holds, and up to a promontory where we could see both Archuleta Mesa and Mount Archuleta, the latter also reputed to be a possible site of an alien base. On his family land, he showed us a circular patch of ground approximately 30 feet in diameter which he had said had exhibited a resistance to crop seeds for as long as anyone in his family could remember -- well over 80 years. This area, which lies in the middle of an alfalfa field, is indeed unusual in that only a minimal amount of weeds grew within its border, while other, lusher greens grew about it in the encompassing field.

And another one:

Upon returning to Dulce in his vehicle, our conversation turned toward traditional Native American ideas of the Trickster-Coyote, who plays such a large role in the myths of the Southwestern peoples. Our guide warmed at this turn in the talk, and pointed to a lake we were passing. He directed our attention to a certain bend in the road that clung to one shore of the lake. That bend, he said, has been the site of a number of car and truck accidents where drivers have run off the road straight into the lake. Where the drivers had survived to tell what happened, he said, they all reported having seen what appeared to be a straight stretch of road at the point where it actually curved. While that was odd enough, he remarked, he had spoken with elders of the tribe who had told him that people who walked by that curve in the lake in the years when the road was only a trail also reported a similarly strange distortion of their vision, sometimes having fallen into the lake.

The following excerpt... is remarkable, of course a "bit", isn't it?

Those same elders, he said, absolutely refused to talk about the cattle mutilations, following a strict "mind your own business" policy. Our guide could not help but comment, though, that he found the ideas of some kind of underground activity associated with UFOs and the mutilations to be very intriguing, particularly in the light of the Jicarilla Apache peoples' own creation myth, which states that they emerged from the underworld -- a curious foreshadowing of the modern stories of underground bases and genetic experiments. The Jicarilla myth further states that humanity was not directly created by god, but rather by supernatural beings who live within the earth.

I wish I'd find that account, where someone told, how he suddenly met a gray in the middle of nowhere, but those damn grays are never there, when you want them...

But as you can see, a lot of strange things are happening around Dulce and the Archuleta Mesa, and I still think...

Whoever said "Truth is stranger than fiction"?

Maybe the truth behind the strange occurences in the Dulce area finally is even stranger than the fake stories Doty told to poor Bennewitz...

edit on 14/2/11 by Peloquin because: additional links

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Originally posted by greyer
In 1980 a lot happened, he astoundingly created a video screen with his radio and computer, when this happened he gave a lecture in Albekerke admitting to have seen aliens.

Bennewitz believed Doty and Moore to be his friends, even though they were spying on him. They knew he had built a video-screen to pick up alien communications (I believe he built it under their direction...); the Air Force started transmitting images from old sci-fi movies to him, the source of his "aliens".

The story I read was that he was a pretty much psychotic at the point where he built the radio device. I read that he would ask it questions and then interpret static as yes/no responses like a ouija board while he believed he was communicating with an alien species at the Dulce base.

Anyway I think the stories are so polluted with fiction and dis-information at this point that you can't rely on any Dulce stories. If it was a disinformation program then I say, "Mission Accomplished."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join