It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

My Email Was Tampered With...

page: 1
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I made the following post in this thread ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ).


]Here's some weirdness...

I use Yahoo for my email. I received the ban notice and replied. The word "BANNED" was capitalized just as in the title here. I went to look at the email again - and guess what. It was GONE! *I* didn't delete it.

So I went and checked my sent items. I had an email sent to this board there - but interestingly, instead of the BANNED notice, which should have been in the text below mine, the text from the "You have been approved" email was there!

I have zero doubt my email account has been tampered with.

EDIT to add: Here's my outgoing email as it looks now. See if this makes any sense:


I must believe that when a person offers a well-thought out (even if wrong) point of view on a forum, if they are banned without intelligent discussion...it says more of the fears of the forum staff than of the efforts made by the poster.

That just this happened to me in your forum suggests you have a problem.

It leaves me with all the more certainty that conservatives, generally, are unintelligent (thus a fear of responding and sounding like an idiot), or like the poverty, slavery and misery they control - poor examples of Human Beings, in other words.

Thanks for reinforcing that for me.



Amaterasu


"If the Universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can we use it to run our cars?"

--- On Wed, 2/9/11, [edited out] wrote:


From: [edited]
Subject: Registration approved for [edited]
To: [edited]@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 10:12 AM

Hello, Amaterasu!

Congratulations and welcome.

Your membership application has been reviewed and approved by [edited] from the [edited] administration.

You can log in using your displayname (Amaterasu), your email address, or your user ID (Amaterasu).
Your current password is : [edited]


You may change your password after you log in by going to the profile page. Click the profile button at the top of the [edited] main page: http://[edited]

Regards,
The [edited] team
edit on 2/14/2011 by Amaterasu because: More to add


Now in reading the above, does it make any sense that I would reply TO THE WELCOME EMAIL with what I wrote? The banning email would be far more likely.

Thoughts?
edit on 2/14/2011 by Amaterasu because: tags




posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
You've been hacked.immediately clean your machine and good luck.



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It's disturbing, to say the least. The initial banning which shows that opinions that differ from theirs are not welcome, and then, the easy access to people's emails.

I went to a couple of sites this week, that recognized me (no login), and had my facebook pic up, and I hardly ever even go onto facebook. One of the sites would not let me in further unless I clicked on that I liked something and advertised to 4 other friends. I closed that page right away. One of my son's email accounts (hotmail) constantly spams my computer with advertising, and it's an account he doesn't even use anymore, for anything.

These sites we go onto are starting to connect all of our sites we travel to, without us being logged into them. Any privacy we once had on the internet is disappearing fast. I just hope the banking sites are able to keep up with security.

It's very disturbing that these sites are so easily able to get into our emails. It should be illegal, hacking into areas where there could be somewhat sensitive information, about either our personal or business life. It seems there is no security in yahoo, hotmail, google, etc. It also shows that a company can use your email to spam others, and then you are the one blamed.

Hopefully the email that our ISPs provide is safer.



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It doesn't make sense for it to be a hack because it's pointless. I think it's much more likely to be a glitch. I don't know how Yahoo attaches the e-mail being replied to, but if it treats it as a file (like Gmail) instead of just copied/pasted text (like ATS messaging), it's not inconceivable that whatever mechanism was relating the original e-mail to your reply got confused and related the wrong one. Can you do a conversation view and see how it relates the messages there?



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'm just amazed at the hubris - and the blatant actions They're taking.

Thanks for your replies.



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned
It doesn't make sense for it to be a hack because it's pointless. I think it's much more likely to be a glitch. I don't know how Yahoo attaches the e-mail being replied to, but if it treats it as a file (like Gmail) instead of just copied/pasted text (like ATS messaging), it's not inconceivable that whatever mechanism was relating the original e-mail to your reply got confused and related the wrong one. Can you do a conversation view and see how it relates the messages there?


Well... I think it WAS a hack for the reason that They don't want evidence of Their actions. That's my assessment.

Your suggestion would require a phenomenal chance that my email program, for the first time *I*'m aware of, just happened to delete the incoming message completely, and then choose a message from the same people from way down the list to use as the text I am (presumably) replying to...

I have no idea what a "conversation view" is...



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
You've been hacked.immediately clean your machine and good luck.


I make it much easier for them. My mail is kept out there on the server because of issues with my ancient machine. They didn't have to gain access to my computer itself.



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hacked for what? Change your email if your worried. There is a function in outlook where one can recall a message and I don't have a yahoo account I use for other than spam functions to sign up for certain things but I'm sure they have the same type of recall feature. I doubt hackers have time screwing with your yahoo.



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
It's disturbing, to say the least. The initial banning which shows that opinions that differ from theirs are not welcome, and then, the easy access to people's emails.

I went to a couple of sites this week, that recognized me (no login), and had my facebook pic up, and I hardly ever even go onto facebook. One of the sites would not let me in further unless I clicked on that I liked something and advertised to 4 other friends. I closed that page right away. One of my son's email accounts (hotmail) constantly spams my computer with advertising, and it's an account he doesn't even use anymore, for anything.

These sites we go onto are starting to connect all of our sites we travel to, without us being logged into them. Any privacy we once had on the internet is disappearing fast. I just hope the banking sites are able to keep up with security.

It's very disturbing that these sites are so easily able to get into our emails. It should be illegal, hacking into areas where there could be somewhat sensitive information, about either our personal or business life. It seems there is no security in yahoo, hotmail, google, etc. It also shows that a company can use your email to spam others, and then you are the one blamed.



Hopefully the email that our ISPs provide is safer.


Facebook and all these socail network sites share their info all over the web and they say they do so are doing nothing illegal. If you don't want your info bantered about then don't put anything on there you don't want shared. I have a private email that I use with friends etc and a bunch of what I call spam/junk emails I use for other things on the net that have no personal info on them not even my real name. Fact is they want it they can get it no matter what you do so if you don't want to take a chance stay off the puter is the only option.



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
Hacked for what? Change your email if your worried. There is a function in outlook where one can recall a message and I don't have a yahoo account I use for other than spam functions to sign up for certain things but I'm sure they have the same type of recall feature. I doubt hackers have time screwing with your yahoo.


I am not worried. As I said, I am amused at the hubris. Most hackers, indeed, would find no reason to mess with me. But this is me and a neocon forum we're talking about. You might just want to read the information I was banned for. You may understand more.



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Are you sure it was REALLY from Yahoo, I'd be checking those headers.
I've gotten phony mail that looked like it was from Yahoo before.......



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have heard stories about emails, SMS and other programs that self delete, not sure how advanced the technology is, but it can cause a lot of disruption if embraced. Have you tried contacting yahoo support to see if there are any records or explanations of what might of occurred?



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Are you sure it was REALLY from Yahoo, I'd be checking those headers.
I've gotten phony mail that looked like it was from Yahoo before.......


It was from the conservative forum site. And yes, I am sure the email came from them. My thread was removed from their site and they sent me an email stating I was "BANNED." (All caps)

It was on Yahoo's site that my mail was tampered with, but the email came from the conservative forum site.
edit on 2/14/2011 by Amaterasu because: typo



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
I have heard stories about emails, SMS and other programs that self delete, not sure how advanced the technology is, but it can cause a lot of disruption if embraced. Have you tried contacting yahoo support to see if there are any records or explanations of what might of occurred?


I might do that. Really, though, I expect little.

Thanks.



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm not going to get into details, but have noticed extreme weirdness on my machine in the last 6 months. One could put it off to acquiring a virus, but I run linux.
One could say it's just a regular hack, but what's happened seems to be done by someone who's got remote access to my machine, not merely problems with email.

To be entirely honest, I have some bizarre possibilities running through my mind, from artificial intelligence, to intelligence agencies specifically trying to mess with me. This may sound like paranoia, but I'm not so sure these days. I certainly don't believe this must be the case, but after applying Ockham's Razor to the circumstances, it seems most likely that those who are openly speaking their minds, and have the ability to start ripples which may change the establishment, would be targeted in one way or another.

I'm not flipping out over this, and actually expected some sort of subtle interferences along the way eventually, but still it does concern me to some degree. You may, or may not, be red-flagged as a concern to the status-quo. This may have led to seemingly bizarre things happening within your daily life.

I'm honestly not trying to spread paranoia, and have no clue if this truly is going on or not, with some fellow members of ATS. All the same, it certainly doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility.

Take care, friend.
edit on 14-2-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions
 


Thanks for that, UE. I never had an issue with vanishing email before... Mighty peculiar that the first one I discover missing is one that surrounds this whole affair. What do I make of that?

I give very high odds to a conspiracy.



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu
 


I have to agree that you were either hacked or most likely clicked on something phishing, I'm not so sure it wasnt a fake Yahoo link....Clean it all out and run a security program asap



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hybridkate
reply to post by Amaterasu
 


I have to agree that you were either hacked or most likely clicked on something phishing, I'm not so sure it wasnt a fake Yahoo link....Clean it all out and run a security program asap


First, I click on virtually nothing. Second, the email is out on the Yahoo server. Third, there was no "Yahoo" link - this was email sent to me by a neocon forum that was deleted from my Yahoo account. And fourth, it had nothing to do with my computer directly.

I appreciate your efforts to evaluate things, though. [smile]



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Definitely clean out your computer Amy, it seems like it's been compromised for sure.



new topics

top topics



 
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join