It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heat Wave? Minnesota?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I've never seen this map before. Cool. I just noticed that there is a humanitarian emergency on the Island Lampedusa near Italy. No information available for that either.

And...

"The volcano information system has been shut down. Our information source we use has ceased, so the EDIS RSOE own information and monitoring system development has begun."

Anyone have any idea what volcano information system they're referring to???

edit on 14/2/11 by 1088no5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by willie9696
I think they're showing it because it broke a previous record high for that date. If you click on the icon and read the details it tells the story. Cool find

Could you please insert the details/story for me? I don't get any explanation or detail from my computer.
I think I have to shut my computer off, and reboot so it doesn't default to a previous/out-dated page. But I can't right now.

So until I do, would you be so kind to add the details for the under-privileged people..... which would be, ME?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Got the read the details finally. Wow, can this be any MORE misleading??? It almost seems like anyone can report and post on this RSOE site. I thought it was a little more official than this

Explanation/Detail:

It's taken until mid-February but we are finally seeing our first major winter thaw. The official high temperature in the Twin Cities Sunday was 48 degrees. The last time it was this warm in the metro was November 11th. Even the northern part of the state is basking in above-normal temperatures. International Falls hit 46 degrees Sunday, breaking the old record of 44 set back in 1983. KARE 11 meteorologist Sven Sundgaard says it will cool down a bit for Valentine's Day but we should be back in the 40's later this week.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is NOT a heat wave, not by the definition of 'heat wave'. This is NOT 'hot' weather by any stretch of the imagination.
This is just warmer weather. Wish I could retract this thread now!

HEAT WAVE
Pronunciation (US):

Dictionary entry overview: What does heat wave mean?

• HEAT WAVE (noun)
The noun HEAT WAVE has 1 sense:

1. a wave of unusually hot weather

Familiarity information: HEAT WAVE used as a noun is very rare.

Dictionary entry details

• HEAT WAVE (noun)

Sense 1 heat wave

Meaning:

A wave of unusually hot weather

Classified under:

Nouns denoting natural phenomena

Hypernyms ("heat wave" is a kind of...):

wave (a persistent and widespread unusual weather condition (especially of unusual temperatures))

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I live in Minnesota and right now i have windows open and the snow is melting like mad ..I run a wood stove and its almost to warm to have a fire going its very strange to have it this warm this tI'me of year but there talking near the weekend its going to turn cold again..but its a relief to see the snow melting I'm sick of winter

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join