It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Pattern of Waking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Ok I didn't know the best way to word the subject line but here is what we have.

For the last couple of weeks I have noticed that I have woken up at the same times every night. I am not sure what causes me to wake up but I keep waking up at the same times. This doesn't fall into the whole 1 thing that I have seen posted but it is at repeating times. The reason I am posting is that I seem to remember something about this time being weird from somewhere.

Anyway I have been waking up at 3:33 am every night for a week. This isn't waking up at 334 some days and 332 other days. This is waking up for unknown reason, and then looking at the time and it is exactly 3:33.

Now this morning I woke up at a different time all together and it was 5:55 which I think was just a coincidence, but it seemed odd as well waking up one times that are in series of one another. So I was wondering if anyone had any insight, if I am just being paranoid, or if there is any symbolism to this.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Interesting, This happens to me from time to time..It seems to come in cycles.. Sometimes associated with sleep pattern changes, I have always summed it up to My subconscious picking up on small life style changes.. That is open for debate.. Another curious thing is when you have a song stuck in the back of your head, And you turn on the radio..and the song is playing.. Now that is a true Mind screw..

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

I have been waking up at 3:33 for a while now. It's not every night but most of them. It's highly annoying because I want to sleep. Once I am up I am up. Every time I wake up at this time I go sit outside and stare at the sky, it's very relaxing for some reason.

I have never used an alarm clock in my life to wake up so it could be my internal alarm clock waking me up at this time. I am not sure but it is annoying!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Yea I have the same problem with falling back to sleep. Now granted a lot of mine comes from the fact that I have been sick recently with congestion that won't go away and also that I have a really crappy bed, so I am usually really sore when I wake up and it makes it hard to fall back to sleep. Aside from that it just seems odd to wake up at 333 every morning and then this morning was different but it was still a repeat time of 555. Anyway like I said I thought I remembered something about the 333 thing like being a witching hour or paranormal hour. Thats why I posted it here.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
very odd and strange, i too have had a bad cold but has never stopped me from sleeping my normal sleep pattern, usually from 11pm tell 7am no matter what shape im in. i had to comment on this though, the last 5 days in a row i have awoke at almost exactly at 3am, and one day it was 5 am, im sure people wake at this time and its not uncommon, but when i wake up im usually groggy and tired and it takes a coffee and a good hour to come around.
except this last week when i awoke at these earlier times i was wide awake and coudlnt get back to sleep for nothing, its becomming very annoying, ive never had trouble sleeping or getting back to sleep like this before, im sure its nothing, but find it interesting to the similarity on the times, please tell me one thing what time zone are you in? im in Emt, in Maine, are you close to this state. lets see if there are other similaritys to our odd waking times an hope others will come forward if theve had any weird sudden cases of insomnia at strange times

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by markem33

I am in EST in North Carolina, and yea I know what you mean about being able to fall right back to sleep. Lately I have been having more and more difficulty with falling back asleep.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
When I was a kid I went to see Amityville Horror at the movies. The bad guy woke up at 3:15 every night.

Then for years after that - Im talking into my late 20's to early 30's when I would wake up in the night invariably it was 3:15.

It scared the crap out of me for a while - I even started laying there in bed for a few minutes after I woke before I would get the courage to look at the clock; yet, always 3:15, even after the delay. It was unnerving.

I think it was just a really good suggestion and something that scared me and my subconcious responded to.

I don't do it anymore.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
well id have to hear from others that are experiencing similar patterns before id dare say anything, but i have my own theory on a possability on whats causing me to wake at almost the same exact time every morning recently, feeling wide awake and with a headache, that i havent shook since 3am this morning, this pattern is way out of my norm for me, i always sleep like a log, thats why i find this odd, and even odder if there are others having the same issues recently, i just dont wake up at 3am wide awake like i was disturbed and agitated. lets see if any others are having these similar experiences and see if some pattern emerges.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I went through something a little similar last month. I have always been a night time person and never sleep till really late but for a while no matter how late I went to sleep I would wake up at 6:30 invariably from a terrible nightmare and not be able to sleep again.

After about 3 weeks of that and feeling like I was going to die from sleep deprivation I moved my bed to face a different direction (not out of some mystical belief but just because I couldn't think of anything else to try at that point) and the problem instantly went away

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I don't know exactly what 3:33 specifically means, but I know that the people who believe in 11:11 think that when you look at the clock with repeating numbers like that it means your angels/spirit guides are sending you a message of some sort. there is a website somewere that tells what all the numbers all supposedly mean but I don't remeber what it was or the website.

I don't think the OP is talking about that though I think your talking about "witching hour" or 'ghost hour" which I've heard starts at 3:00-ish and lasts and hour,although i think somewere I read once it actually starts at 2:00 and goes to 3:00ish I am not sure. The thought behind this is that it is easier for ghosts and other paranormal/interdimensional spirit phenomenon to manifest during this early(or late however you precieve it) hour.

I had a cold too a few weeks ago and this kept happening to me in a way - perhaps not at exactly the same time every time I woke up but I did keep waking up at an unearthly early hour at roughly the same time. I think it was as pervious poster said due to the biological clock. I think the cold I had messed up my inner clock for a little while or something- that and I woke up each time with a dry mouth/throat each time I woke so i think that contributed to it.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

You really woke up at exactly 3:15? I used to wake up all the time at 3:15 when I was a kid. It would really freak me out. Of course, this was back in the '60's when I was a kid. I had never heard of Amityville Horror, or any other reference to anything of this nature. I would just wake up and experience some really scary s^*&t. I have written about some of the things I went through as a kid on here so I won't go there now. Did the guy from Amityville really wake up at 3:15? I didn't know that. It was always 3:15 for me and it was always really messed up.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Yeah, 3:15! If you like demonic possession stories the book is well written - supposed to be based on real events as well. The original movie (circa 1980) has Charles Brolen and Margot Kidder I think. There was a recent remake of the movie (after 2000) as well it had the benifit of modern cgi and special effects but the story was essentially the same.

Amittyville Wikki
edit on 15/2/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Weird I've had the same thing before, my sleeping has been better lately though. Sometimes I would wake around 3 o'clock window and for no apparent reason start to freak out. It be like a panic attack, to calm myself down I would turn on my mp3 player and would eventually fall back asleep 2-3 hours later. Some of this happened before I knew that 3 am had any meaning. Weird huh?

3:33 lets see 3+3+3=9 its also 3^3 or 3*3 does that mean anything? Sorry my knowledge of numerology is limited.

When in doubt Google it! This looks like an interesting site: here!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Hey, thanks for the link, I'll check it out. I saw the original movie when it came out. It was scary back then, probably not so much by today's standards. I might have to check out the remake. That really creeps me out that he also woke up at 3:15! I don't remember that from the movie, probably blocked it out or couldn't handle it at the time.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Wasn't 3:33am the significant waking time in the Emily Rose movie?

The mind, and the power of suggestion, are both very potent.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
i have had the same problem. 2 months ago. i woke up, every night at 3am. and then i couldn't sleep anymore. a month ago i went to the docter and got some medicine. but they didn't work really. i kept waking up around 3am. but with the medicine i did fall back asleep.

sorry if my english is bad, i live in holland

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
In 1999 I had an experience where I woke several nights (maybe up to six) in a row at 3:33am. The final night I went up on my roof and had my only UFO experience. It is posted on NUFORC. The time is listed as 3am but it was sometime after 3:33am since that is when I awoke. Also, I left out some important details of the experience in the report because they are quite odd.
edit on 16-2-2011 by goatfish because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join