It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian Government RESIGNS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

RAMALLAH, West Bank – The Palestinian prime minister dissolved his Cabinet in an emergency meeting on Monday in what appeared to be a gesture inspired by unrest rocking the Arab world. The official Wafa news agency said the move was intended to prepare for general elections planned later this year. Prime Minister Salam Fayyad now has six weeks to name a new Cabinet. President Mahmoud Abbas accepted Fayyad's decision after the Cabinet meeting.

Abbas' Palestinian Authority has announced a series of dramatic moves following mass protests that ousted rulers in Egypt and Tunisia over the past month. The protests have spurred calls for democracy throughout the Middle East, a region dominated by monarchs and autocratic leaders. The Palestinians are also dealing with the fallout from embarrassing media leaks about past peace talks with Israel. Together with deadlock in peace efforts with Israel, these developments have put pressure on Abbas to press forward with reforms.

The Palestinian government said over the weekend that it would hold long-overdue general elections later this year, weeks after saying it would hold local elections in July. The chief peace negotiator, Saeb Erekat, also resigned in response to the leaks broadcast by the Al-Jazeera satellite channel, which detailed far-reaching concessions that his government was prepared to make to Israel to form a future Palestinian state.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
There we have it folks, the domino effect continues, the house of cards continues to fall.

The end of the dark Cabal as we know it. The Powers that Were.

This is history in the making.

Good on Palestine for doing this and making way for the new white knight governments.

Rejoice people, the future is bright indeed!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by galactictuan

:') I am so overwhelmed. Right now.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I think it is wonderful!! So exciting for that region of the world to have the opportunity for freedom and free expression, to have a voice for the ordinary man or woman! I am happy to be alive to see this. Makes me have much respect for the people of the Middle East.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
All I can think of is the poor Israeli's they are probably trembling with fear right now with all these changes. Wondering what the future holds for them. They have had a peace treaty with Egypt for over 10yrs. Now Mubarak is gone. Syria has rioting as well recently. Now Palestine. I bet Israel is on there version of Defcon 1 right now.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
All I can think of is the poor Israeli's they are probably trembling with fear right now with all these changes. Wondering what the future holds for them. They have had a peace treaty with Egypt for over 10yrs. Now Mubarak is gone. Syria has rioting as well recently. Now Palestine. I bet Israel is on there version of Defcon 1 right now.

What is this? The East Asia Union? NWO giving their commands to the puppet dictators in power there. This "revolution" is for a one world government.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

I bet so these could pan out to change the future for many around the globe.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Well that is something that we can agree to disagree on. I do not think this is leading anywhere near a one world government, the antichrist, or any earth shattering changes. You are talking about one of the most volatile regions on the planet. I mean look at the Gulf War when we went into Iraq we had to smooth things over with all the other countries in the Middle East before attacking Iraq just to keep them all from joining in with Iraq. Then once the war started they all wanted a piece of Iraq. The whole region seems to do things in a oooh oooh if he is doing it I wanna do it to kind of way. Sorry no ground breaking revolutionary changes taking place here. Call me when it happens in a place like North Korea, Russia, China or anywhere else that this kind of activity isn't the norm.
edit on 2/14/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804

Who knows maybe Israel can catch the fever and drive the Zionist out. Then we might have a chance of peace in the middle east.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Now that would be a interesting concept though I am not sure how it would work out. I have a friend that lives in Israel and you should hear the way they think of Arabs. I mean a lot of Israeli's are straight up hate mongers when it comes to Arab's. This girl is all of 24 and she tells me the other day in messenger. "The only good Arab is a dead Arab." I was like but all of them aren't bad and she is just scoffed it off. Then tells me how her friend died from a suicide bomber etc. So there is a lot of animosity there. I'm not sure how much of that would change even if the Zionists were gone.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I would like to see Mahmoud Abbas step down , but maybe not in my life time , or maybe not untill he is dead.
i don't see a good sign here , it's as if every one of those who resigned were the bad ones and the only good person was Mahmoud Abbas
, he will never resign , that means nothing has changed for the Palestinians .

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Israel trembling over this Palestinian resignation?

Israel is holding back, they could level every other middle eastern country...

This is the Palestinian government trembling over the fact they might loose power...

I wouldn't worry to much about Israel their big boys now...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

No I wasn't saying they were trembling over Palestine I meant over all the changes period. Israel may have a good military strength, but they are literally surrounded by countries that would like to see them leveled. Egypt's military has improved since the six day war, and they also have a lot of US weapons now unlike the first time around. So yea I am sure Israel is a bit nerved right now. I doubt they could level every other country as you put it. It took America almost a year to secure Iraq and we have a much stronger and bigger military then Israel.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Do you all think that these "dictators" are just seeing the light and trying to preemptively stop a protest? I don't think so. There is much more here than meets the eye. I don't know what, but countries like this don't suddenly just give in to their people. There is either a big power play happening in that region, and bets have been called, or something more sinister, (put on your tin hat here) The most powerful are all retiring or being "fired" so that they can now all go into hiding from something much bigger geologically coming.

As crazy as this is, it seems a lot of leaders in all fields are checking out.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I am curious if Hamas will follow suit as well?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
HAMAS is the democraticly elected party of Palestine.

Now if only Obama would step down and allow democratic elections
edit on 14-2-2011 by Johnze because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Israel can go fend for itself. After what its government have done to a nation of people, my thoughts are with those that seek freedom from sanctions and occupation.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
Israel trembling over this Palestinian resignation?
Israel is holding back, they could level every other middle eastern country...
This is the Palestinian government trembling over the fact they might loose power...
I wouldn't worry to much about Israel their big boys now...

I hope we never find out but I don't think so..

Israel V's Turkey alone would be an each way bet...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
I am curious if Hamas will follow suit as well?

Although most agree they are one of the few democratically elected parties in the ME,
yes elections are over due..

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by galactictuan

this is not good!
WAY too strange!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join