It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW i just witnessed a [the?] pole shift or something even weirder????????? mind blown

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

As 2011 winds up ???? It's only February for goodness sakes. We still have 10 months of this year left.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by idunno12

Originally posted by officiallyfreakedout
I'm so ashamed that it didn't click for me. I noticed the crescent moon pointing upward like a "U" too. I even thought to myself boy that's different but was on vacation so was quickly distracted. How is that possible? Wouldn't the earth or moon need to be rotating differently to do that? Why hasn't the media said anything? Kind of a hard thing to ignore.

I saw that too but, like you, it never clicked until now. It was a few nights ago, but I can't remember which one. I stay up pretty late and I often take my dog outside for a quick walk to the end of the block before I head to bed. So all of the nights kind of blend together.

I am sure there is some explanation for it. Are we sure that it doesn't happen on occasion? I don't know much about the moon cycles, but I am going to do some research.

You are right...it does happen and has always happened now and then. Due to the position of the moon to the sun and from our perspective here on earth. Its not a 'new thing' for the moon to have a crescent that is 'u' shaped and is also not 'new' for the crescent to be like a upside down 'u' which then makes it looks like its frowning. There are some good pictures around of both cases.

I remember back in December of 2009 one hemisphere saw the 'smiling' moon while the other hemisphere saw the 'frowning moon'. The reason so many took notice of it was also because 2 bright planets were right by the moon that night....so the smiling face moon looked like it had 2 eyes. Was pretty cool!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
I have also noticed the moon. It's weird because when I look at it, I actually tilt my head and I'm like "huh?" something seems different.

Not just the moon. Something feels different as of late in general. I think people are starting to pick up on it.

Something is happening to our world. Not doom, but change.

Can you explain, and be specific, what is weird about it? For someone to really say they are noticing something 'not right' about the moon...then surely they have a 'knowing' of what the moon should be...to compare what they are seeing to....of what it is. Many in this thread, even though I keep asking them...are not able I guess to explain to me how they know something is not right...they fail to offer first 'what the moon should be like' and then to tell us 'what is abnormal' from what its supposed to be.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
ok, for example. Yesterday it was a clear night and practically a half moon. At about 6pm the moons line of shadow was about 45 degrees to the left. At about 9pm the line of shadow was at twelve o clock position. At around 1am the moons line of shadow was horizontal. The same happens to orions belt at the same pace. I have watched numerous time lapse videos on the moon and orions belt from earlier dates (many) and you dont ever see this.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinoman
ok, for example. Yesterday it was a clear night and practically a half moon. At about 6pm the moons line of shadow was about 45 degrees to the left. At about 9pm the line of shadow was at twelve o clock position. At around 1am the moons line of shadow was horizontal. The same happens to orions belt at the same pace. I have watched numerous time lapse videos on the moon and orions belt from earlier dates (many) and you dont ever see this.

Great information! Thank you for sharing and offering real specifics of what you observed. This allows us to really take this serious and look at how the cosmos seem to change through the night sky. I will offer you images so you can really see how such a thing can be. Notice in the images that I used a night when the moon was by Orion so you can see the differences in Orion as well as the moon...through the night...from earths perspective. The shadow line on the moon changes as the moon passes through the night sky....as well as does constellations orientation. Have you ever watched Leo rise into the sky... up, but when Leo sets in the sky, its head down? Same kind of thing happening there as with what you are seeing with Orion and the Moon. So lets just jump to the images!

So we have 7pm to the east on February 12th

As it 'seems to move from east-southeast-to southwest-west....alot changes.

Here we have 9pm, notice the light side of the moon not being as 'north' but now is staring to be more to the side.

Now just 2 hours later (at 11pm)...look at how Orions orientation has changed from where it was at 9pm and especially at 7pm...and the moon again, slightly changing

Now here right before moon sets (we are at 1am now feb 13th)...seems to look really different (as well as Orion) from when they were at 7pm where we began to observe....

Hope this explains a bit?

edit on 16-2-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply. I see your pictures and this is basically what we are seeing. Any chance you can explain why this is happening and why I have never seen this myself in real life ever, neither in any of the countless timelapse videos of the moon and constellations moving across the sky.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. I see your pictures and this is basically what we are seeing. Any chance you can explain why this is happening and why I have never seen this myself in real life ever, neither in any of the countless timelapse videos of the moon and constellations moving across the sky.

Could you offer a video so I can then offer you more thoughts on that? I want to be clear with what you have seen on the video which might not be a time lapse of the moon or a constellation moving through 1 night sky but may be more of many images over many nights, looking to the same direction at the same time of night...which would offer different things then watching the constellations and moon moving through the sky through a nights time.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zarquon51

here is another nice video if a time lapse at lake tahoe.
Sorry dk how to embed...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by weathergirl78

I thought I must have written a post I forgot about or something b/c everything you said from the blood type down to the small telescope & binoculars (and of course recently being drawn to orion and staying up until 4am) is exactly me. I'm actually quite taken back that someone else could have written something that is so uniquely and personally me. I am o neg and tried to pm you directly but not enough posts. Would be super interested to hear more about you. Maybe we were separated at birth...(but that would be a whole other conspiracy! lol) :0)

Well maybe we are star twins!! If you want you can contact me directly and share some thoughts. Anybody knows how the U2U works? No clues about it!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

There is a time lapse video that another poster linked and it shows the same thing but its just harder to observe it for I think its showing mostly a direction of the southern sky. But in the video...you can see that the milky way comes into view and is tilting a little to the left...then soon its standing straight up and down...then later its leaning to the right. Same thing happening but on the elliptic path (east to west) such is alot more noticeable for the constellations and the moon go seeming straight over our heads and end up in total different orientations then what they did in the east.

Take a ball. Draw a smiling face on it. Hold it out to your left side smiling side up. Now move your arm staight over your head and bring it all the way over to your right side. Is the smiling face still facing up or does it now have a frown on it?

It should be frowning once it reaches the other side of your body.

As Orion rises head up in the east...and moves across the sky...its only natural that while he sits over head he will not look like he did in the east and when he reaches the western sky, his head should start to point downward.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I saw something similar about three years ago. In northern Ontario Canada while visiting relatives , their home is on top of a huge rock hill. There were no clouds or trees , just a clear sky in the late evening.

looking at the stars every ten seconds or so they would slightly shift . Like a spiral . Others on this thread mention a large movement. I only noticed a small shift about the width of my finger. I was asking my brother if he had a tripod to put my camera on . No, but he said he could see it, it was so slight .We pondered at the time that we might have been seeing a little wobble in the earth. Thats all that was said.
Now after reading some of the accounts on this thread I will be taking a look more often.
Thanks for posting this . Interesting subject.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I believe that the moon is reaching out to us all. Its saying to us "hey, have you forgot about me, why is the Sun getting all the attention".

The shift in consciousness that everyone is talking about, its important that in order for us to allow this to happen we have to stop the Sun worship!

Once the Sun worshippers were allowed to take hold on this planet and spread their multiple religions of hatred and fear, this is when things started to turn bad for us humans.

We must now return to our roots, stare at the moon, marvel at the goddess that smiles down upon us, and we must rescue her from the prison she has been placed in.

Down with the Sun worshippers!! shame on them!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Worship your Dark Side of the Moon Goddess elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Check this out,
I think this is the topic someone else was talking about earlier.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That does seem to eerily describe some of the comments I have read here.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Very interesting story OP, I don't think your lying but obviously I am very sceptical about your account. Reading about the other posters experiences of a similar nature and given the timing just before the huge solar flare...that apparently just missed our planet (see thread: Dodged a solar bullet)

I was just thinking that the reply by RANDOMguess on page 1:

"The general gist of what i read was that Earth is in trouble...dire trouble. It's not as bad as it sounds though, because helpful, very advanced ET's are saving us from destruction, by physically moving us...our entire solar system, to a new location in space, away from the danger that threatens to destroy us where we were".

Could your, and others experiences be linked to this theory. I believe that our planet has been under control by beings of higher intelligence for thousands of years, and they may have somehow moved our planet out of harms way as to not have any influence on their masterplan?

Just a though?...await incoming

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rapsutin

this is the link to which they are referring.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunartik

Thank you for the link Lunartik, I too feel that the world is going through through some dramatic changes but have always not quite t home so the notion is hard for me to feel. Something is going on and this theory to me seems viable, albeit rather 'out there' it could just be true. But the technology involved here we just couldn't comprehend! Peace

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'm no scientist. I can draw a little, so I have a fairly good grasp of light perspective.For the life of me I can't understand how I can be looking up at the Moon,that has that "crescent, bull horn thing" going on. If the shadow part is indicative of earth being in between the Sun and the Moon,,,how can I look UP and see that??? If someone can embed something visual, that I can gain perspective on this,,,by all means Please Do

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by consigliere
I'm no scientist. I can draw a little, so I have a fairly good grasp of light perspective.For the life of me I can't understand how I can be looking up at the Moon,that has that "crescent, bull horn thing" going on. If the shadow part is indicative of earth being in between the Sun and the Moon,,,how can I look UP and see that??? If someone can embed something visual, that I can gain perspective on this,,,by all means Please Do

Lets look at some images so we can see that its not only about Earths shadow, but also the perspective of the direction the Sun shines onto the moon.

First we need to think about every month we have a time where we cant see the moon because its from our perspective, aligned to much with the Suns direction. Its literally a 'dark moon' for 1-3 days every month. As the moon passes this conjunction with the sun, we will see a 'new crescent' in the western sky. This crescent shape will depend on if the Sun is shining its light from the 'side' direction of the moon or from the 'bottom' direction from the moon, or even from the 'top' direction of the moon (all depending on our location on earth, our perspective to the sun and moon). The moons path is not perfect along the elliptic (suns path). I think its something like 8 degrees that the moon can be on one side of the elliptic path or the other side of it.

So here is a image of February 2..when the moon was a 'dark moon' because it sat in close alignment with the Suns direction.

Now here is February 3rd..and it was still a 'dark moon' (because its still too close to the Suns direction to be seen) but you can see the 'path' the moon is taking and get an idea that the Suns light is soon to shine on the underside of the Moon.

Feb 4 was the first day that a new crescent moon could be sighted and in the image we see that the Sun is shining on the underside of the moon, only allowing its light to reflect the crescent shape from one small side of the moon.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join