It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW i just witnessed a [the?] pole shift or something even weirder????????? mind blown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

i saw this on the saturday 22nd of Jan this year. It looked like a cluster of stars at first. Then it looked like a bunch of lights moving around, up, down, left, right....i couldnt stop looking at it. It was amazing...it looked like a cluster of ships...but then i thought....no it is probably just my eye sight...not focusing on the stars properly. Then i wished I had a telescope. This was about 10pm Melbourne, Australian time too.

edit on 14/2/2011 by DaMouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Strange story.

You're right, if the crust had moved that much, to be able to see the movement against the background stars...we'd have had all sorts of calamity right then and there.

Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tectonic plates crashing into each other, and creating new mountain ranges, and so on.

No mate..the crust didn't shift, and neither did the stars (of course), you were up talking with your new friend until gone 4 am...you were probably both pretty tired, and had an optical illusion caused by fatigue.

Nope, I am a night hawk.. it is not unusual for me to go 24 hours without sleep with nothing but awarenes
Not the average chap when it comes to sleep.. have been like this all my life. I realise that there would be incredible calamity, which I reasoned with myself against what I had seen.. being of sound and rational mind and naturally a skeptic.. but I can not argue against what I know to have seen.. like I said, I had a coffee at 2am, and I woke up at 430 in the afternoon .. lol, well awake you might say.

edit on 14-2-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANDOMguess

I am in the UK and I have never seen it before. tomorrow I'm taking a camera then ill report back.

Yeah, me too.

Terrible insomniac, so i'll probably be up early hours as usual, so i'll have a look out with my night vision scope tonight/tomorrow morning.

Just added an edit to my earlier (piss take post), which might have a really, really weird and out there explanation for what you lot saw.

I'm not saying i believe it, just that i read it.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
You dont happen to live in Maryland do you? There is a mysterious smell over two counties. Maybe its fumes messing with your mind. Cracks in the earth, that sort of thing.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Well I can see the Big Dipper and Orion from where I am pretty freaking clearly so if it's a clear night I'll take a look and see if either of them or the other constellations have moved.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Originally posted by RANDOMguess

I am in the UK and I have never seen it before. tomorrow I'm taking a camera then ill report back.

Yeah, me too.

Terrible insomniac, so i'll probably be up early hours as usual, so i'll have a look out with my night vision scope tonight/tomorrow morning.

Just added an edit to my earlier (piss take post), which might have a really, really weird and out there explanation for what you lot saw.

I'm not saying i believe it, just that i read it.

Man... that's so crazy it just might be. 0_o

I don't know what to think after what I just saw, honestly.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive
You dont happen to live in Maryland do you? There is a mysterious smell over two counties. Maybe its fumes messing with your mind. Cracks in the earth, that sort of thing.

No, thanks for the idea though. heh. In Canada. Small town, relatively clean air, clear night aside from a few low hanging clouds. I would notice a change in my own perception.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Was it windy and were there clouds in the sky? Just because if clouds or speeding across the sky it can sometimes give the effect that the stars are moving

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Heh, no sir, though I can appreciate where you are coming from. It sounds almost plausible, however I know what I saw.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I took count of every star in the sky that was moving until I lost count and interest, because it was so apparent..I believe I burst out laughing at 21
edit on 14-2-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Perhaps its Spaceship Nibiru!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

At any rate, as I was unlocking the car from my side (her driver door is broken), I had this feeling that I shouldn't go anywhere, and I told her that it really wasn't necessary to drive me across town, and that I could just crash there, which she agreed to.

Yea, I'll bet you had a "feeling". Nice ploy, works with the chicks everytime.

"Dude! Get out here now!!!"

Ahh, she's a lucky lady, that one.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

At any rate, as I was unlocking the car from my side (her driver door is broken), I had this feeling that I shouldn't go anywhere, and I told her that it really wasn't necessary to drive me across town, and that I could just crash there, which she agreed to.

Putting a new spin on star cross'd lovers, eh? haha

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Every time i go out at night to walk my dog, go to my friends house or go to the garage for some more cigs. My head is in space. I didnt notice anything lastnight, but i know the position of most of the starts from looking all the time. il check tonight and if they are out of place then il get back to you.

I must admit and iv said here before that the moon seams to be moving across the sky quicker than it used to. but im not sure if that is something to do with the time of year. Im no astronomer I just see what i see.
edit on 14-2-2011 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
Every time i go out at night to walk my dog, go to my friends house or go to the garage for some more cigs. My head is in space. I didnt notice anything lastnight, but i know the position of most of the starts from looking all the time. il check tonight and if they are out of place then il get back to you.

I must admit and iv said here before that the moon seams to be moving across the sky quicker than it used to. but im not sure if that is something to do with the time of year. Im no astronomer I just see what i see.
edit on 14-2-2011 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

I'm the same way.. the stars call to me, I don;'t know how else to put it. I have noticed a change in the moon's behaviour as well.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

Putting a new spin on star cross'd lovers, eh? haha

I'm just bustin' your nuggets. Your description of how the Big Dipper settled over your head reminds me of the scene in Close Encounters where Richard Dreyfuss was hiding behind a rock, I believe, and the Big Dipper moved, revealing that all this time it was nothing more than UFOs in a formation made to look like a constellation.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
There is so much to see up there that there has never been the same sky in the same way for me throughout my entire life. This keeps me looking and I have seen "shifts" and movements that have been fluid and sometimes I see flashes but then cannot grasp them as they go "out of focus".

The Earth has a floating lens upon her, and we are at the very bottom of the view plane, so in effect, we are capturing the Universe almost magnified and "pulled" together as one sky in our Mind. Our own eyes are able to see depth and when we relax and focus in just the right manner the objects will "jump" out at you and "present". I say present as if to say they introduce themselves and they express themselves.

Some magic really did happen to the OP, as described in the company they keep and the exchange of Spirit was enough to illicit these abilities. It was a magical night!

I believe that one day we will be able to look into the sky and focus our eyes with Mother Earth's and we will be able to view other worlds, we will see them and the path to reach them! How fascinating it all must be to look through the eyes of a Hawk, or an Owl at night, maybe even Nature herself sees what is happening through nature, and sometimes through us.

When the Paleo-Indians marked the stones with "Spirals", they might have been recording what they saw in the sky but was not actually in our Solar System. For a brief time a Vortex may have created the vision that stretched across the sky and showed them the Secrets of the Cosmos. Like looking through the Eyes of Great Spirit.

The History of Time itself is above us and perhaps the more we look we may realize that something out there is telling us that there is an Awareness of our Being that is coming to light on both ends of the lens.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

!!!

Hear here! Well said and beautifully explained. Thank you for putting this into an entirely different context for me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join