It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW i just witnessed a [the?] pole shift or something even weirder????????? mind blown

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hundroid
This is funny, seeing stars move around is something I have been thinking about all my life, since I was a kid of 8-9. And few weeks ago something weird did happen to me, but cannot be sure stars were moving because it was cloudy and I felt like I was about to fall on the floor. As many other people on here, I have problems with sleep and often I stay up until about 4 AM. My nose points to the sky anytime it is possible and I too possess a small telescope and binoculars to watch the infinite. Now this is a bit OT but how many of you have zero-neg blood type as I do?
Thanks for answering

P.S. lately everytime I watch the sky I always look for Orion first, the rest is seemingly less important but I don't know why I feel like that.
edit on 14-2-2011 by Hundroid because: forgot something

B- negative here. Can never sleep at night. Yes, there is something weird going on with the WORLD.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
I've smoked twice as many cigarettes tonight as usual and I have a crick in my neck. Thanks.

Cool thread and fascinating topic. Lotsa strange stuff in the heavens lately. I'm experiencing an oddity in the last few months as well: The stars seem SO close some nights...as if they are only a few thousand feet in the air.

That's new to me in 40+ years. I've been mostly leaning towards the theory that my eyesight ain't what it used to be and that affects my depth perception. I'm keeping an open mind however because it's pretty impressive for an 'optical illusion.'

I also remember an account I've heard in the last few months--not sure if it was here or not--of someone relating a 'star shift' experience that was a lot like yours. It made an impression because the person came across much like you--they had seen something and were just looking for answers.

I've searched but can't find it so far, but I'll give it another go if I can come up with some new search terms.

You are not the only one, for the past few nights when the sky is clear, I have noticed that the stars seem way closer than they ever were. I feel like I can reach up there and grab them...very strange indeed.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnvrliz

You are not the only one, for the past few nights when the sky is clear, I have noticed that the stars seem way closer than they ever were. I feel like I can reach up there and grab them...very strange indeed.

Yep, that's it, they seem amazingly within reach. Thanks. Almost like the universe has 'condensed.' Glad I'm not the only one...unless it's some kind of neurological/psychological issue that is.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by fixedworld

The same thing happened to me - I was outside and it was about 1:00am and looked up at the sky - saw the big dipper and it seemed to be "spreading" apart or looking strange - moving funny but in the same place. Very strange. I was wondering what was going on with it. It was not in alignment correctly with little dipper and all looked funny.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hey guys...I actually made an account for this website because I found this thread, and frankly, have been looking all over the internet for something talking about this subject and the coincidences are just too great after reading some of these posts.

Three or four days ago, I can't remember which at about 3am to 4am GMT (I live in Scotland) I had the exact same experience. I was sitting at my computer and all of a sudden, I felt like everything in the room was moving, like...tilting upward. My heart started going a million miles an hour and I was absolutely compelled to go outside and walk. I've never felt anything like it in my entire life...and needless to say I was completely freaked out. I've been surfing the internet for days trying to find somewhere talking about any possible goings on with the Earth or electromagnetic activity but I haven't found anything.

I have no idea if my experience lines up with the others, as I've only read a bit of the thread before needing to add my own experience. But something definitely felt like it was happening...I'm generally have an objective, scientific approach to my own experiences, but I have absolutely no explanation. I thought it might have been in my head however, there seem to be a couple who've had the same experience. As a sidenote, I was wondering if any of you all who experienced something similar happen to believe in meditation, higher consciousness or any other activities of note.

I can't say I saw the stars move, as I was in doors, but I IMMEDIATELY threw on clothes and went outside...the hairs on my arm were standing on end.

Cheers,
J

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
OK i just read thru a couple of pages and now I'm starting to remember some strange things as well....i remember one night i was on break at work and the moon was coming up just alil above the horizon it was big and yellowish orange..all the sudden the moon rose up really fast i mean really freaking fast i was tripping so bad i screamed at all my co workers to check it out , one that was chatting with me while i was smoking is a witness to it....it just moved up in the sky way faster then i ever saw before..like some said in an earlier post it covered distance that would take a hour or more in less then a minute...

and i also remember in the way into work the other morning a week or so ago, it was around 9 30 am ...the sun was already at were it should have been at 12..i thought to my self how odd it was cause the sun was blaring thru the window..and it was just too early...BTW i live on the east coast..for better reference.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSonOfMan
OK i just read thru a couple of pages and now I'm starting to remember some strange things as well....i remember one night i was on break at work and the moon was coming up just alil above the horizon it was big and yellowish orange..all the sudden the moon rose up really fast i mean really freaking fast i was tripping so bad i screamed at all my co workers to check it out , one that was chatting with me while i was smoking is a witness to it....it just moved up in the sky way faster then i ever saw before..like some said in an earlier post it covered distance that would take a hour or more in less then a minute...

and i also remember in the way into work the other morning a week or so ago, it was around 9 30 am ...the sun was already at were it should have been at 12..i thought to my self how odd it was cause the sun was blaring thru the window..and it was just too early...BTW i live on the east coast..for better reference.

With the seasons...such things can seem possible. The Moon can sometimes be sometimes on a path that is more southeast and south west causing it to seem to move faster in the sky. I call it the dome effect....for as its seeming to be more along the spiral path (from our perspective) then just the east to west path that would seem to move slower taking up more space (again, only from our perspective).

The Sun in the winter seasons...is also, more southeast and southwest. When in the summer time its more east and west. Causing again, a 'dome effect' from our perspective.

The Sun may rise later in the day in the winter time...but it rises quickly and sets quickly (again, from our perspective). As we lean away from the sun or moon...this causes them to 'seem' to be more south to us and they seem to 'cover' their path in the sky more quickly.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by twinspirited
Hey guys...I actually made an account for this website because I found this thread, and frankly, have been looking all over the internet for something talking about this subject and the coincidences are just too great after reading some of these posts.

Three or four days ago, I can't remember which at about 3am to 4am GMT (I live in Scotland) I had the exact same experience. I was sitting at my computer and all of a sudden, I felt like everything in the room was moving, like...tilting upward. My heart started going a million miles an hour and I was absolutely compelled to go outside and walk. I've never felt anything like it in my entire life...and needless to say I was completely freaked out. I've been surfing the internet for days trying to find somewhere talking about any possible goings on with the Earth or electromagnetic activity but I haven't found anything.

I have no idea if my experience lines up with the others, as I've only read a bit of the thread before needing to add my own experience. But something definitely felt like it was happening...I'm generally have an objective, scientific approach to my own experiences, but I have absolutely no explanation. I thought it might have been in my head however, there seem to be a couple who've had the same experience. As a sidenote, I was wondering if any of you all who experienced something similar happen to believe in meditation, higher consciousness or any other activities of note.

I can't say I saw the stars move, as I was in doors, but I IMMEDIATELY threw on clothes and went outside...the hairs on my arm were standing on end.

Cheers,
J

Sounds like the electromagnetic field changed around you. Ive experienced this twice and it was the only explanation I could come up with. For me, both times it was raining.

I too was 'pulled' outside so to say and in fact with the first one...I witnessed as I walked outside a transformer blowing up about 90 feet away from me in that moment I stepped outside. It was so strong though the first time, it took more then 30 mins for me to gain any normalcy (as if the world was pulled out from under me...strong vertigo kicked in and literally floored me for what seemed like the longest 30 mins of my life).

With the second time, I handled it much better. Seemed to adjust much easier.

Its not something I can prove....but is what I have come up with for the cause those 2 times. I have a thread about it and posted on that thread all the other people from other forums talking of the same things and the reasons why (with the behaviors of the sun) that I felt it was a 'change in the electromagnetic field' around me those days.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonbabi2
reply to post by fixedworld

The same thing happened to me - I was outside and it was about 1:00am and looked up at the sky - saw the big dipper and it seemed to be "spreading" apart or looking strange - moving funny but in the same place. Very strange. I was wondering what was going on with it. It was not in alignment correctly with little dipper and all looked funny.

Will you share with us what you mean by that it was not in alignment with the little dipper? Can you see the little dipper from where you live? I live in the country and still can not see the whole little dipper....but I use the north star to align the big dipper every night and I have not noticed anything out of sorts. Can you describe what you mean by it was not in alignment....what was 'not right'....from your perspective?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
I just witnessed a pole shift, or an alien invasion.

So you're not sure if it was a pole shift OR an alien invasion?!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I think this posts is getting a little out of control and everyone needs to relax for a moment and take their medication if necessary. Not to be facetious but we all are aware the Earth is in orbit around the Sun which itself moves throughout our wonderful celestial sphere yes (note google Copernicus)? People are loosing their minds and second guessing themselves over a lifetimes experience. It's quite simple, if you believe the celestial sphere moved or that the big dipper is hovering 12 inches over your head, or that the moon somehow didn't used to be visible during the day but something has changed and now it is. Then I strongly suggest you visit a physicians office ASAP. Because you are actually and truly having a psychotic episode, and I'm not poking fun here either, you really SHOULD see a doctor you may be a danger to yourself or others.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I feel for this thread to take on any sort of seriousness...which I do hope posters are wanting to be serious...that there needs to be accurate accounts of what people mean when they say 'something was not right'.

Give us the 'what was supposed to be there' first....and then how you know 'what was supposed to be'....and then 'what was not right'.

We are reaching spring time...and alot of the spring time constellations have 'bright stars' in them. Orion will be causing people to gaze at the sky more then normal for it is almost hypnotic. Jupiter is in the obvious night sky right now and has been for the past few months and its really bright too. When looking at a planet...it can play tricks on the eyes...and stars too...but I notice planets seeming more so to play tricks like they seem to do dim then bright. Stars seem to twinkle too...while planets can seem to pop out of the sky.

Constellations towards the southeast...south...and southwest sky do seem to move more in a spiral path...and can seem to move faster or in a 90dergree fashion as some have said.

I have read most of the posts here and Im not seeing anything odd at all really. Im seeing some that are making assumptions with what they think the sky is supposed to be...when there are reasons that its not supposed to be as they thought.

The night sky can be mesmerizing and there is alot of energy that comes into the body and mind when staring at such strong spheres of energy...no matter how far away they are. Its actually a great way to intake healthy energy...to rebuild your own energy that you have spent throughout the day....and 'refill' on energy from the cosmos/universe. We do this with people throughout our day and they do it from us...we take and exchange energy all day long. We have almost become addicted to partake in only exchanging energy from people...often not getting the 'refill' we need after putting forth so much of our own energy. The universe offers us many ways to 'refill' but some of them are 'strong'.
edit on 15-2-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberterius
I think this posts is getting a little out of control and everyone needs to relax for a moment and take their medication if necessary. Not to be facetious but we all are aware the Earth is in orbit around the Sun which itself moves throughout our wonderful celestial sphere yes (note google Copernicus)? People are loosing their minds and second guessing themselves over a lifetimes experience. It's quite simple, if you believe the celestial sphere moved or that the big dipper is hovering 12 inches over your head, or that the moon somehow didn't used to be visible during the day but something has changed and now it is. Then I strongly suggest you visit a physicians office ASAP. Because you are actually and truly having a psychotic episode, and I'm not poking fun here either, you really SHOULD see a doctor you may be a danger to yourself or others.

I think there is alot of dangerous suggestions on the internet that are causing such things to be 'possible' in the minds of man.

The number one reason I feel that people think that some will see things that others do not...is the whole holographic universe theory that is growing rapid lately. I have noticed others posting here saying things like 'well the system/matrix does need upgrades now and then'....fully believing we are in some computer simulation type of existence. I do think its causing psychotic episodes and a good reason for my suggesting such is many that take into this idea also experiences 'aliens' or 'visions' or thinks their real world is not real at all ect ect...and I find it very dangerous and have seen many go way off the deep end with this kind of thinking.

Im not saying all that have participated here think along these lines....but I am seeing a trend amongst some of the comments here that would go along with the holographic universe....which would allow someone to 'see' stars moving when the rest of the world does not...I guess?

None of them have yet to explain why only some would see such a thing...while the rest of the world observes what is expected.

I too see several posts that highly concern me for another persons mental health but Im not saying ALL...I see some innocent posters that really are just not understanding that what they have seen...can be explained.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSonOfMan

Also to add to your posts....the color of the moon was likely due to it being close to a horizon.

I have sat several times and watched a full moon rise...and its beautiful and at times has seemed to rise very fast. The times I noticed the 'faster rising' was when it did not rise at the east but more a 'northeast'. The only reason I can tell if its 'east' or northeast is due to watching the rising of the sun for many seasons and learning in my home location what is east, what is north east, and what is southeast....and the moon when northeast or southeast seems to move faster then when its on the direct east-west path.

It looks like the moon is rising in the east..moving to the southeast as it is rising....and then moves across from southeast to southwest to set. This again...can cause what I call a 'dome effect' where when it rises it seems to enter the sky rather quickly. If it goes straight across the zodiacal path from direct east to direct west....it doesnt have this effect as much when it rises or crosses the sky.

Our southern sky causes things from our perspective....to not seem to move like the stars in the zodiacal path do, that cross east to west. If a planet, Sun, or moon is in a more north or south position...it does seem to make them move faster (so it seems), or in a 90 degree motion (as others on here have suggested the stars are doing), or may seem like the sun or moon are out of place even.

edit on 15-2-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Ok, I just got in.. I will read the new responses and answer any questions should there be any.

Hopefully this has moved beyond Q&A and it can sustain itself.. lol.
edit on 15-2-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hi all, not sure what to make of the whole stars moving abnormally and stuff, but as a few posters have mentioned about the moons crescent looking like bull horns, im pretty certain this happens quite often.

www.wildlife-pictures-online.com...

Now this has nothing to do with, Niburu or the Lizards, but the Sumerians seem to represent the moon in some of their stone tablets as a bull horn crescent. Well thats the way i see it.
www.suddenreality.com...

4.bp.blogspot.com...

www.noeticsciences.co.uk...

Must have been important to them, to portray it that way. So maybe there is some significance to it.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I've been noticing lately that the position of the sun and moon, from one day to the next, seems to change drastically. When I'm taking my break at 8am (eastern), 02-14-11, the sun was just below the tree-line. Today, same exact time, the sun had completely cleared the trees. I've noticed the moon doing the same thing. My husband and I have been talking about this, and weren' t sure what to think, exactly. Now that we've read this thread, we know now that we aren't the only ones noticing these weird happenings. Also, the birds that frequent our backyard feeders are creatures of habit, time oriented. They, too, have been making sudden changes to their routines.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

I thought I must have written a post I forgot about or something b/c everything you said from the blood type down to the small telescope & binoculars (and of course recently being drawn to orion and staying up until 4am) is exactly me. I'm actually quite taken back that someone else could have written something that is so uniquely and personally me. I am o neg and tried to pm you directly but not enough posts. Would be super interested to hear more about you. Maybe we were separated at birth...(but that would be a whole other conspiracy! lol) :0)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
For those not understanding how the moon can be so different sometimes...seeming to be bigger or move faster....

www.fourmilab.ch...

During half the orbit, it is approaching us, and during the other half, it is moving away from us. During the half orbit that it is approaching us, our mutual gravitational pull accelerates the Moon, causing it to move faster and faster, until at the closest point in the orbit, or perigee, it is moving about 6% faster than its average motion. Similarly, during the half orbit that it is receding from us, our mutual gravitational pull decelerates the Moon, causing it to move slower and slower, until at the furthest point in the orbit, or apogee, it is moving about 6% slower than its average motion. In addition to these actual changes in velocity, there is an apparent change caused simply by its being nearer or further; when it is closer, any motion that it has looks faster, in angular terms, than when it is further away. This effect causes another 6% apparent increase or decrease in velocity, in addition to the actual change.

In other words, as the Moon approaches perigee, its angular speed among the stars will appear to increase by 12% of its average speed, half of that change being due to its lesser distance, and half being due to an actual increase in speed; and as it approaches apogee, its angular speed among the stars will appear to decrease by 12% of its average speed, half of that change being due to its greater distance, and half being due to an actual decrease in speed. Since 12% of 13.2 degrees per day is 1.6 degrees per day, the daily motion of the Moon to the east can vary from as little as 11.6 degrees per day near apogee, to as much as 14.8 degrees per day, near perigee.

It just so happens...the moon is approaching its perigee and will reach it fully on February 19th.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Weird coincidence, I'm also a Leo/Virgo...and subscribe to a theory of oneness. Maybe we're all nuts.

Edit - We'll all end up in the Pleiades right?

edit on 15-2-2011 by twinspirited because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join