It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW i just witnessed a [the?] pole shift or something even weirder????????? mind blown

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Originally posted by wrkn4livn

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
How cynical and sad of you to respond in such a manner.

What makes you think Fixed world was talking about you? He said 'kids'.
Actually, I was thinking the same thing as he. So what you say you experienced can't really be verified by your friend. You say they saw the same thing but you can't be sure. Doesn't make any sense really. Unless we are all in our own separate reality (which has been argued) and your's 'shifted' or something else. Next time, hang on to something so you don't slip off the earth!

I would like to further on this note...

For the friend...if they really was 'seeing' something totally abnormal like the whole sky moving faster...I dont think they would only watch for a few minutes and then be able to go to sleep. It does not sound like the friend was seeing exactly what the observer thought he/she was also seeing.

I thought that too... Just didn't share it.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Did what you see look like this?

edit on 15-2-2011 by GodIsPissed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by earthwatcher83

I was perplexed that night as were all of us watching as we even left the back garden and walked to a higher point just incase the PC software was wrong to see if the moon was 'hiding'?
I then went onto internet star/moon websites and they all said the moon should have been where it was not.
It felt like we had witnessed a glitch, like the movie The Truman Show, where Jim Carey starts to notice the falseness all around him.
If we are being moved as has been suggested by a superior race, then it would explain as they couldn't keep the pretence up all the time?
There would have to be anomolies, like what we witnessed?
I am heartened to find others who have witnessed this and not just got slatted for sharing this as I have been on the thread I talked about this first.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Although i cannot attest to seeing the entire celestial system move...

Originally posted by dizziedame

I have a skylight in my bathroom. When the moon is nice and bright I can see it at night before I go to bed.

Last night I saw it at 1AM and woke up at 4AM and went into the bathroom and looked up and saw the moon in almost the same location I had seen before I went to bed.

It was enough of a curiosity for me to notice through very tired and sleepy eyes but I went on back to bed and forgot about it until I read your post.

Interesting times we are in.

Same thing happened to me, except that I went outside to smoke instead of to the bathroom.

I always use points of reference when I stand outside smoking, and it was about a 3 hour window as you described... I had gone out for a cigarette near 11, and another at around 2, 3am... moon was in nearly the same place.

Also, earlier yesterday morning around 10, I had the opportunity to watch the moon rise.. (I think the moon looks amazing during daylight)

To me, it seemed as if the moon was visible for nearly the entire day yesterday..and quite a bit of the night.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
So... unless you can get someone to corroborate your story, it was just your perception and maybe you should go see a doctor...

Calling something like this a pole shift or a ufo invasion is a little irresponsible and flags you as someone that's easy to spook and not very reliable.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I see this kind of stuff all the time. In the last month, it has gotten even scarier. I have been seeing stars drop out of the sky, and at the risk of sounding paranoid, some even appear to follow me around. From what I can see, the moon is WAY OFF. The constellations are definitely not in the right positions, and they do not follow the "normal" courses. In addition, I have seen a few constellations in the past months that are not even on the map! Last night, the moon looked definitely looked like a projection. All I could think was FAKE! I wonder if those at sea had to still navigate by the stars, how messed up they would get! Anywayz, thank you for posting . . .it feels good to know that others are opening their eyes to see that something is definitely WEIRD.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
I found this link on youtube..the information and evidence this guy is showing is shocking. He also mentions that he notices the sun isn't rising at normal time in his location.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
Please bear with this odd question. The light we see from stars is older (eg. not real time) as the light has to travel so far for us to see...so we are seeing (for example) light that may be a year old. If a star moved a great distance a year ago (for example), and someone was watching now, I guess it would appear that it moved some distance across the sky. Is this correct??

If so...what would be our perception today, if a year ago (following the example) the earth moved (or the poles shifted) a year ago? Would it appear as if the stars moved?

So then to finish out this thought...if such a move occurred a thousand years ago (the earth or the poles shifting), would our perception while viewing this 1000-light-year away object's light today look like the object moved across the sky?

Cool thinking, also would mean the shifting from our view point could be predicted it there were any extra terrestrials who knew more.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
For the past couple of days (maybe a week) the moon is visible whole time during the day, no matter what time it is. Is it normal?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
We do have to remember the moon can't really be moving any different because the tides have remaind the same and predictable for one thing. the whole planet would be effected if the sun, moon or anything had actually moved so what is it all about?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Ah never though of that I couldn't tell if it were a satellite, I am not sure if iv ever seen one to compare it to tho. The thing is it looked just like all the other stars and it didn't just glide across the sky it just appeared about 6inches if you measure with your hand in front of your face. now that distance in miles prob would be mmmasive.
Well when satellite watching, there are so many it looks like the whole sky is now full of them...but they seem to all move at a slow and steady pace one way to tell them from aircraft is the high slow steady movement, never saw any move and stop...don't think they can as they are not moving we are.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

What time zone are you in. I noticed some really weird anomolies yesterday. One was that I saw tons of real thin streaky clouds they looked like contrails but never saw the jets or aiplanes.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I am so happy you posted this. Last thursday night (3:45ish friday morning) i woke up to get ready for the day, it was an early start. Anyways, the window in my living room takes up an entire side of a wall and we live on the 4th floor so we have a pretty good view of the sky and im a star/sky gazer at pretty much all times of the day. I think way more goes on up there that we dont know about because no one takes the time to just stop and check it out. So im standing by the window just looking up at the moon, it was a crystal clear night so it was a good sight to see. Out of nowhere the moon just started moving horizontally across the sky for about 5 seconds at a slow, but unnormal pace. Basically, it covered the distance it normally would in about 4-5 hours, in only a few seconds. I freaked out for a second and tryed waking up my girlfriend, but of course she just thought i was goofy and went back to bed. I started to think that maybe my eyes just played tricks on me and tryed to forget about it, but havent been able to stop thinking about it. and now seeing this, with all the other comments from people seeing strange phenomena, makes me know for 100% without a doubt, this actually happened. people can think we're crazy, but theyre the ones that just dont care enough to know the truth. and theyll be very surprised very surprised one day.

this could help explain why all these things around the world that are potentially cataclysmic, could be in motion towards something big.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
My post did not go through. Yesterday at 4 pm I was in my car parked. I was in park and about to get out of my car when my car felt like it went forward. It was not an earthquake but like an earth shift? The girl beside me looked over at me. I think she thought I bumped into her car.
A guy who was walking at the time went forward several feet. It only lasted 10 seconds but it was really strange. The guy came back looking around dazed. It was very disorientating. Would this have anything to do with a pole shift?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM
Only last week for some reason I too had a sudden attack of hallucinations. I am diagnosed as a schizophrenic but because I take SEROQUEL daily thus I do not get any hallucinations. However for some reason I did have this hallucinogenic attack. It involved a few stars moving around. Coffee can be high in CAFFEINE over doses of which can bring on mild hallucinations in persons who are schizophrenia or on the border line of being schizophrenia. Lack of sleep and over work is a major trigger for schizophrenia.

Thus the man authoring this thread suffered an attack of schizophrenia due to over work plus lack of sleep plus euphoria about being with his new woman and on top of that bunch of triggers he drank a good large amount of coffee.

Such hallucinations are very hypnotic and one always ends up wanting such visions to happen again.

Do as I do. Ask your doctor to prescribe SEROQUEL [Quetiapine Fumerate] the world famous anti-psychotic medication.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS

I wasn't going to reply to this thread. I really wasn't. I was going to read all the posts and happily be on my way outside to stargaze... Then I saw THIS POST! Oh..my...?!

Why the heck are you promoting Seroquel like a big pharm rep?! Are you off it? No one besides a qualified doctor should even SUGGEST something like that!! And I have seen how Ser. ravages the mind (an roomate of mine was taking it) leaving the patient just a husk of their former mental capabilities. Are you sure you even really have this condition? So many just blindly take what is given to them...because they think they are too "different" or "hear voices"......or "have multiple personalities". I hope I keep reading and find you were just having a laugh.........

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag
So... unless you can get someone to corroborate your story, it was just your perception and maybe you should go see a doctor...

Calling something like this a pole shift or a ufo invasion is a little irresponsible and flags you as someone that's easy to spook and not very reliable.

May I suggest you download the Kindle for PC - then Join Amazon if not already a member - then download for free a book who's copyright has now expired entitled 'Curiosities of the Sky' which is written by a world renowned Astronomer from the turn of the century (GP Serviss) - and there you will find the author asking the exact same questions as the OP - Why are 'fixed' stars in 'motion' on some evenings? Why do they traverse the sky then return to their original position? If a world famous astronomer is not corroboration enough for the phenomena then precisely what would be necessary?

Oz

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

It's an optical illusion when the moon reaches the horizon,it will look bigger

I'm not too sure about the colour changes though.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Okay...not sure as to which direction this thread is headed as I haven't read past part of the OP's original post, BUT considering what my wife experienced this morning after dropping me off at my vanpool pickup spot, I wondered if at all it was anything similar with the OP's experience....because immediately upon hearing her tell me what she had observed on her way back home at 5am, WE BOTH IMMEDIATELY THOUGHT OF THIS THREAD

The day started off with my usual getting up hella early today as it was one of my few days a week that I vanpool to work (as I work about 1.5 hours away) so I get up at around 3:30am so I can have a Red Bull and browse any breaking news headlines/interesting threads on ATS while I wake up. It wasn't until I had to be on my way out this morning when I came upon this thread so I didn't have time to read too far into it, but read enough to comment to my wife "Hey babe check this post out...this dude literally observed the entire sky/stars shift positions across the sky....little dipper and everything...yada yada".

She was like wow really? (granted she literally just rolled outta bed and was on autopilot till she could get back home and crawl back into bed
) So we went on our way, she dropped me off, I am about 10 minutes into my 1.5 hours van ride to work when I get a text from her saying "Wow babe! I just had a coincidence (I guess) with an ATS post about stars movin. Tell ya bout it later".

So I just got home and on the ride home from my van pool drop off point she told me:

"So check it out...after I dropped you off this morning I noticed a very bright star, probably the brightest in the sky...it was probably Jupiter (as she and I have been very aware of Jupiter's/moons orbit in relation to Earth this year). So I noticed it as I was driving back home and it was to my left. So I made a right turn, then a left heading home...so at this point I was basically parallel to the main street that I had just been on and heading in the same direction where that "star" should have been off to the left of me right? NO...IT WAS NOW OFF TO THE RIGHT/FRONT OF ME!!
There was NO WAY that could have happened!! Unless that is....either it was NOT A STAR, or the sky rearranged itself
"

So yea man just wanted to make a contribution to your post regarding what my wife experienced just this morning where things did not quite play out like they should have, or were expected. Trip with what all seems to be happening these days....strange days indeed.

NT

Edit: Being that I just got home from work, and her and I talking about it for the first time today...I am just hearing the details and am still putting them together myself, but I asked her "Babe...how do you know that was the same star and not say a different one?

(a very valid question if I do say so myself...as I attempt to debunk my very own wife
)

She replied "Because it was the only one that was by far the brightest in the sky I had observed this morning.,,and as soon as I saw that it now appeared to be in front/off to the right of me I immediately looked back behind/off to the left where it should have been....and nothing was there now
So yea it was the SAME THING"
edit on 15-2-2011 by Newbomb Turk because: Trying to debunk my wife lol

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota

A couple of weeks ago, on the full moon, I was on my back in my back yard. The moon is of course bright, but nowhere near as bright as the sun, so it's not that difficult to keep a continuous gaze on it. It was the first time I kept a fixed gaze on the moon that I could remember. It was a clear night.

As I was staring at the moon, I could perceive the movement. I tried not to blink and despite the dimmer light reflected off the surface of the full moon, it still hurts your eyes after a period of time. The movement was not perfectly in a straight arc line, but a little wobbly as it traveled. I realize we are also moving as I was gazing up.

If anybody feels like it, I suggest it. You almost sense the immenseness of the planet while at the same time you feel like the moon is just "over there". It's an interesting sensation that is always present, but not always made known to us in our daily/nightly goings-on.

I'm confused about your reference to a full moon two weeks ago....it *should* have been a New Moon (Feb 2). The Full Moon is this Friday (Feb 18). So if you did see a Full Moon two weeks ago....I would truly be flabbergasted! (I'm not being sarcastic by the way, I'm genuinely inquiring.)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This is just ass load of #ing tripe. Stop being a bitch.

(sorry, I'm just trying to get a cool WARNING tag....again, apologies.)

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join