It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW i just witnessed a [the?] pole shift or something even weirder????????? mind blown

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Was you drunk? (Jus sayin....) Anyway... I stayed out till 4 am listening to coast to coast... Lookin at the stars. Nothing out of the ordinary. Because the moon was SO bright... It seemed there was less stars.

BUT.... Earlier las night I was watching dish eart. Which was showing the moon at that point... And they kept freezing the time so I rewinded it... And it seemed there was a full eclipse or something... It was really strange. That dish earth channel is odd.. Even the us seems to be in the north pole on dish network now.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

I experienced the same thing (which, I have before on a small scale while drunk) but I was sober. I told me mom "I can see the earth spinning in the stars".... (Not that she cared... But it was last week and the moon was mia that night so all the stars were evident... I'm deff star gazing tonight!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
On Oct, 7 ,1998 we were in a camp around sand creek 40 or so moles NW of ft collins colo. It was 2 days before the opening day of elk season. That night i was sitting in a chair and leaned back to look at the stars .It was a rare moonless night and the stars were quite brilliant. I noticed the same thing u are describing too. I pointed it out to my hunting buddies and they all had disturbing reactions to it . one imediatly got sick to his stomach saying he felt sea sick the other one went to bed imediatly . i stayed awake and watched in awe thinking the whole world was being invaded. Every star moved and the big dipper seemed to move in right on top of us.I went to bed shortly after all shook up and unable to sleep.About an hour later ALL the cast iron skillets that were on the stove outside were pulled of and crashed into a rock pile nearby by making an unbelievable clatter. I was mortified. Had to of been some kind of powerful magnetic force to do that. I have closed that night and the bizzare things that happend out of my mind to retain my sanity . the others will not speak about any of it, ever .Never did see an elk ,a bid or a bug the next two days and i went home never to return to that area.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I'm confused. You said the stars stopped moving. This would only happen if the earth stopped spinning.
You also said the stars moved so fast, then completely stopped.. Leaving Orion over your head?

One thing I would like to point out is that between 12AM and 6AM the planet Venus is at it's brightest. It will outshine all other stars and planets and is most often mislabeled as a satellite because of how low it is on the horizon and how "fast" it appears to travel. Hope this helps.

Crazy Idea: Maybe our sky is nothing more then an optical illusion in itself. Made of mirrors, and you experienced a technical glitch in the holographic sheet's that display the stars to us.
edit on 15-2-2011 by MITSwagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I have to say I haven't seen anything like that. But I have been kinda curious a few nights in a row. I'm a avid star gazer, and I know where things should be. However, I noticed that Ursa Minor seems to have slid quite a few degrees to the east, or so it seems from my location, and of course the rest of the sky seems to have done the same. I don't recall the earth's precession doing it to that degree in the past. Guess i should take a compass out tonight and see.. .But then again, Earth's polar north isn't the same as magnetic north.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MITSwagger

I haven't studied this in depth as much as others. (Such as a geo physicist) It was my understanding that the core, magnetic field and sun are all related.... So I assumed a physical shift is possible. (Although I don't see it being like hollywood displays). Judging from the rate of earthquakes, flash floods, volcanoes and other odd things (like its 70 degrees in ks while we had 2 feet of snow 4 days ago)... It seems the physical plain would have to catch up with the field somehow? No?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Posting, to subscribe to this fantastic thread! Thankyou op!

I have never witnessed anything unusual in the sky as yet, but that being said, I have only 'woken up' as it were, a few months ago. Since then, my eyes are always looking toward the sky. I will be watching extra closely after reading all these fascinating posts.

Thanks for sharing your stories everyone!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
All I know is a polar shift is due to the core changing the way it rotates. The outermost part of the core are liquid. Currents flowing in the core are thought to generate Earth's magnetic field but has not been proven. It's actually just a high end hypothesis. If the core was changing the direction it's spinning, the world would know. I'm not saying that it's not happening. Just know it's not something we will be able to see happen right before our eyes, it takes time...A long time...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANDOMguess
reply to post by idunno12

Yeah I wasn't going to make a thread about it or anything because without a video or some proof your just another nutta. My girlfriend banned me from talking about stuff from ATS to her....so I haven't told her about what I saw.

What did you think yours was?

lol...I really think it is too bad that more people can not feel ok talking about their experiences. Unfortunately, there are so many pranksters at work that it makes it more difficult for simple observations to be taken seriously without fear of ridicule. You are correct, without physical "proof" (what is that anyway in a world that we humans still do not completely understand) you are left vulnerable to all kinds of uncomfortable attacks. So people just stay silent. I wonder how many patterns in occurances we would put together and be able to analyze if we had more people speaking up about what they see.

On a side note, I am enjoying this thread a lot. There seem to be a lot of open minded people in this thread who are willing to think about what the OP posted, analyze it, and offer their knowledge and input about what could have occurred. It made me feel comfortable posting about what I saw.

And to answer your question, I honestly have no idea what I saw. But it is forever burned into my memory. I can replay it in my head over and over like a video clip. I just don't know enough about the stars and related phenomena to really come to any conclusion. I just know that I have never seen anything like that before and I will never forget it.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Interesting topic, some mad # been thrown about.

People saying stars looking closer etc, i live in England, Leeds and have noticed that the moon is weirdly big on somde nights. Its happened for about month, odd time a week. The moon has a deep yellow/white look to it and maybe some times a red tint-really really weird.

When driving down my hill, at about 8:00pm theres two buildings facing each other from accros the road, and the moon inbetween them sometimes -the moon nearly fills up the whole of the gap between, and that is not normal(?) i have lived here for a very long time and have never seen that, and would of noticed that before.

Anybody else noticed this?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I agree, fatigue can have a profound effect on vision. If I am tired and driving at night, the dashboard lights will look like they are "wobbling" if I hit a bump, relative to the rest of my vision. The moon can do this as well if I'm walking or running while tired.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shikamaru
I always had a feeling of what this planet could be... a rare breed foundation...

We're all just a bunch of galactically endagered species shoved inside an atmospheric bubble, with all this land to run around and create our own habitats. Like every foundation, there is always going to be a leader species... humans in this case... makes sense.

That's why we discover a new species every few months to a year (Because they're quietly migrated to the planet)... I bet they thought twice about putting humans on this awesome planet.

Ever wonder why you can't find the link between humans and apes? Because it's not on this planet. It was probably never migrated here. Instead you have the stage-1 fellas, and the stage-3 fellas. Stage-2 was probably forgotten or it was too flawed.

HAHAHAH...soooo...maybe we are on the Ark of Noah? I love this idea, whether it is real or imagined.

edit on 15-2-2011 by idunno12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

We are all on Earth. Earth is in space as is the Moon. You just reminded me that I can cover the moon with my thumb if I raise my hand to the sky. I'm gaining that all this is, is a point of perspectives from individuals that are subject to atmospheric changes which can alter ones view of the sky. If you stare at one point in the sky long enough, while watching clouds zip by can easily set your feeling of motion and sight astray making you feel as if everything else has stopped. Anyone can do it.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Very trippy indeed! I would like to share with you an account from Lyall Watson (Biologist, and best selling author of the book: Supernature.) in the book "The Holographic Universe, by Michael Talbot, as I believe it somewhat dovetails with your "mind screwing" experience. This excerpt is from pages 154-155 of the book.

"While he was in Indonesia he also encountered another young woman with power. The woman's name was Tia, but unlike Alin's power, hers did not seem to be an expression of an unconscious psychic gift. Instead it was consciously controlled and stemmed from Tia's natural connection to forces that lie dormant in most of us. Tia was, in short, a shaman in the making. Watson witnessed many examples of her gifts. He saw her perform miraculous healings, and once, when she was engaged in a power struggle with the local Moslem religious leader, he saw her use the power of her mind to set the minaret of the local mosque on fire.

But he witnessed one of Tia's most awesome displays when he accidentally stumbled upon her talking with a little girl in a shady grove of kenari trees. Even at a distance, Watson could tell from Tia's gestures that she was trying to communicate something important to the child. Although he could not hear their conversation, he could from her air of frustration that she was not succeeding. Finally, she appeared to get an idea and started an eerie dance.

Entranced, Watson continued to watch as she gestured toward the trees, and although she scarcely seemed to move, there was something that both shocked and dismayed Watson. She caused the entire grove of trees suddenly to blink out of existence. As Watson states, "One moment Tia danced in a grove of shady kenari; the next she was standing alone in the hard, bright light of the sun."

A few seconds later she caused the grove to reappear, and from the way the little girl leapt to her feet and rushed around touching the trees, Watson was certain that she had shared the experience also. But Tia was not finished. She caused the grove to blink on and off several times as both she and the little girl linked hands, dancing and giggling at the wonder of it all. Watson simply walked away, his head reeling."

Maybe your encounter with the night sky is nothing more than a glitch in the universal conscious/cosmic "reality field" and were lucky enough to witness a "reboot" of sorts within the program.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Okay, I am in PA and we go out every night at least 3 to 4 times.
My significant other has said several times that the stars look wrong or that a constellation is in the wrong place.
I myself haven't noticed it, but I have done the "Why is that there?" thing because I do think something looks funny.
My question is why are we having so many people post to this thread that all have had similar circumstances?
Not identical, but similar.
Is it possible my SO (and many of you maybe) "sees" better than I do?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

hehe not sure if it's been mentioned but are you sure there were no fast moving cloud coverage, sometimes when you look up and clouds are moving it can look like the clouds aren't and the stars are.
Just an idea :-)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sabreblade
Okay, I am in PA and we go out every night at least 3 to 4 times.
My significant other has said several times that the stars look wrong or that a constellation is in the wrong place.
I myself haven't noticed it, but I have done the "Why is that there?" thing because I do think something looks funny.
My question is why are we having so many people post to this thread that all have had similar circumstances?
Not identical, but similar.
Is it possible my SO (and many of you maybe) "sees" better than I do?

I agree it is strange, so many ppl are reporting these disruptions. Normally I wouldn't buy into this type thing, but I've seen a few oddities of late as well.. Maybe there is some kinda reality breakdown going on, or maybe we are just remembering things wrong? Strange.. I'm gonna keep my eye on the sky anyhow, as I do every night I get the chance; I'll be sure to let you guys in on any abnormalities.

Who knows, maybe Dr. Emmit Brown was right about that pimped out Delorean F'in up the space-time continuum.... And we're just now seeing the repercussions of BTTF part 1

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
What time did you see this and what time zone are you in? I was outside with my girlfriend for quite a bit last night (US Central) and really wish I had seen this; we are both very intrigued about things like this. Woulda been an awesome Valentine's Day for us had we seen it.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

"THoughts???????? lol"

Yeah was that a regular ciggie or one of those other ones?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm thinking along the line of a gigantic ship cloaked in the night sky. If you aren't paying attention, it can just move on by, and the image moves with it.

I believe my mom was talking about the sun or moon being in the wrong place, some weeks ago. It was not where she had expected it, at that time. What does that mean? I don't know. Has anyone seen that?

Troy

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join