It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW i just witnessed a [the?] pole shift or something even weirder????????? mind blown

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

I hate to say this but a pole shift is only a mangetic field shift. The earth will not change it's physical position so that Russia is now in the south and Argentina is in the north. Only the reading on your compass will change so that if you are facing north your compass will say south.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

I hate to say this but a pole shift is only a mangetic field shift. The earth will not change it's physical position so that Russia is now in the south and Argentina is in the north. Only the reading on your compass will change so that if you are facing north your compass will say south.

Good to see someone who researched the science behind polar shift.

Even the current hype about magnetic polar shift is mainly fear mongering bull hyped up by mainstream media or people who dont know the science behind it. Past history shows that magnetic field fluctuates wildly and that even though it is weaker than recent history it is still much stronger than it was before any of the previous shifts happened. It is simply impossible for us to predict when it will happen as it seems to be driven by a chaotic/random process.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
WOW i just read all 266 replies!!!!!! or something

Nice thread you got going here! My first and only thread is also an event that comes without evidence, besides my word. It seems your thread has led to some interesting posts and discussions. Another good thing about this site is that there's always something to learn from every thread. I just have a couple questions. When you experienced this, how did you know they were moving abnormally? I mean, Did you use a reference point, eg: the roof, a tree, and how fast were they moving? You get to do some more visualizing
hehe

reply to post by Caji316

Hey there. I'm supposing here that you live in the Northern Hemisphere. During Spring and Summer most trees grow taller, coz that's what they do... Now it's Winter in the North and the Sun is lower in the sky. Is it possible that you are noticing shade over your house because of the Winter Sun and the taller trees? (I've lived in my house for 16 years and up until 4 years ago never had problems with the local Vervet monkeys. Over a 2 year period, existing trees in the neighbouring fence lines had grown, allowing through-ways for troops. Now they are always traveling around here.)
To all those saying that certain stars they look at are not where they should be; the whole of the observable sky 'turns' as the earth spins and orbits. So that the stars move with the seasons. As a kid I looked up at the sky and never noticed that I mostly looked at it during Autumn (Southern Hemisphere), Orion was always west according to me.
(probably because Autumn is the only reasonable time for a kid to be shown Orion, as it's viewable in the evening. Orion's the only constellation my father knows.) For many a year now I have paid more attention to the sky. At first I was blown away wondering why Orion was not where I remembered (I was about 12), when I found out that the sky moves with the seasons it all made sense. Lame, I know, but at least I'm honest.

To those saying this is a sign of the end times: The poles are moving all the time, the magnetic poles and the North and south poles along with the axis of Earth. There's a theory, which I'm sure holds true, that the Earths axis moves away and toward true north, performing a full cycle over 16,000 years. We know that the magnetic poles move, hence the airport calibrations. We've discovered that magnetic poles shift every so often. (Can't remember the average time between shift, but apparently we're overdue.)
Could all of this hub-bub not be the prophesied 'false prophet' or 'false messiah'? I hear it a lot these days, certain groups/individuals claiming that the time is at hand, or even right now!
Without going into detail of my thoughts here, I don't think anthing is due until near the end of the Age of Pisces in around 2800AD, the beginning of the Age of Aquarius. only 789 years to go, will we make it? I dunno, live for your kids, the future

PS. we all know and look for orion coz he's freaking cool man!
Like the dippers, or the Southern Cross or Polaris (depending where you are), he's just easy to spot.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
OK first things first...

Have we any internet webcams of that area pointing at the sky and,, do we have recordings of the sky?

I don't know if the location is already been posted, would be cool if it was recorded.

Also are there any other recordings of the sky in the area made by scientists?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Didn't have the time to post it this mornibg but great thread! It really is bizarre that you created this thread today, because I've seen the same thing yesterday. I was outside, and like I do since I'm aware of the cosmic changes we're undergoing, I looked up to the sky and saw the moon move reeeaallllyyy fast! I wad stunned to say the least. Then I started to look at the few visible stars (light polution) and saw they were moving at the same speed. However, there were numerous low-altitude clouds, and the effect was due to their rapid travel through the sky. But I do not doubt what OP is saying. I know our skies are messed up for about a year now.

And I have to say the theory about ETs moving our solar system is crazy. But these days, having learned so much about our bizarre universe...why not? It's not impossible after all...Just move the sun and make sure the planet keep their orbit and you are alright! I guess only moving the Sun would do tue job, as their is no friction to mess with the planets in space. One thing, are the alleged UFOs photographed near the Sun lately are connectable dots to this theory? Maybe...

As for the whole thread, I've skipped somd pages and was surprise it was lacking an. Arrogant professional debunker...odd (not complaining here
) Or maybe I skipped his part!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

I heard the same thing what you witnessed a couple of times this week. I think there are some atmospherical changes and this causes to an eye-illusion. I cant find any other explanation than this. Outside is only in my mind theory is just too anthropomorhic. We are just one piece of dust in desert

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
For those that really believe the cosmos are moving faster (or that the Earth is moving faster, causing it to look as if the cosmos is moving)....then why do you suppose that our Sun is still only offering us our usual time frame of a 'day'?

For those saying the moon should not be showing a crescent shape that is on the bottom of the moon or the top of the moon....just research a little and you will see that this does happen and is not something new.

I star gaze ALOT...and use astronomy to locate the objects and to know what direction everything will be. I have seen nothing out of the ordinary for our season and position of Earth.

Tonight looking to the west around 11pm or so we should see Orion getting ready to set below the western horizon and see the moon above Orion while it sits in Gemini and it will set after Orion sets.

edit on 15-2-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
Didn't have the time to post it this mornibg but great thread! It really is bizarre that you created this thread today, because I've seen the same thing yesterday. I was outside, and like I do since I'm aware of the cosmic changes we're undergoing, I looked up to the sky and saw the moon move reeeaallllyyy fast! I wad stunned to say the least. Then I started to look at the few visible stars (light polution) and saw they were moving at the same speed. However, there were numerous low-altitude clouds, and the effect was due to their rapid travel through the sky. But I do not doubt what OP is saying. I know our skies are messed up for about a year now.

It could have been the illusion of the clouds, or a case of autokenesis, in your case.. however there were very few clouds at that time during my experience.. a fairly rural part of our city, you could say as well, very little light pollution around the area if at all. To see the moon move in such a behaviour would have been something to see! I don't know how you could have mistaken that with cloud movement!

And I have to say the theory about ETs moving our solar system is crazy. But these days, having learned so much about our bizarre universe...why not? It's not impossible after all...Just move the sun and make sure the planet keep their orbit and you are alright! I guess only moving the Sun would do tue job, as their is no friction to mess with the planets in space. One thing, are the alleged UFOs photographed near the Sun lately are connectable dots to this theory? Maybe...

Yeah, we live in a time where most are calling it End Game, lol.. Revelations or "Apocalypse" which really just means to remove the cover off of something.. a revelation means the same. I am not worried about a final judgement at the hands of a wrathful Creator God.. I believe there is enough inherent good in humanity and enough space in the Universe that we should be given stay on our .. er.. execution.
Though this matter with Tyche (to me this is quite indicative of Planet X) is something completely different, and could it be part of the reason we are being moved? I will have to check the distance to this galaxy we are apparently being taken to; it does seem a bit far to move an entire solar system, I would have surmised that a less drastic distance would be needed to avoid collision, but I am no astrophysicist.. perhaps we should ask Mazlan Othman..

As for the whole thread, I've skipped somd pages and was surprise it was lacking an. Arrogant professional debunker...odd (not complaining here
) Or maybe I skipped his part!

I know right? I have encountered some doubt, which I was not surprised by.. however I believe world events are speaking for themselves these days.. I was blown away by what I saw, but altogether not surprised[ you know?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Have you read the stories of the moon and how it got there?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Dude, I'm more of a lurker and had like 2 or 3 posts in about 3 years of checking this site almost everyday; but I had to post now to say this.

I was sky watching from the window the other night like I always do for a bit before I go to bed, when I saw a single "star" moving across the sky. And no, it wasn't a plane. A plane's light doesn't look like that. It was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen while sky watching. It looked *exactly* like a - fairly bright, though not as bright as Sirius - star. I was mesmerized watching it till it started fading away. So when someone said he saw the lone star in the morning "moving" in the first page I just thought I would post this. Even though it wasn't as extreme as the OP.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
well its a fact that the shadow of the moon regardless of its phase and the costellations are rotating to the right by about 90 degrees every night from my veiw point in London England. It would seem that we a wobbling by a massive degree but I lose sight of the moon and whatever constellation im watching (generally orions belt) before i get to see if they rotate to the left. I have watched so many time lapse videos of the moon and the constellations on youtube t know this has not happened before and can not happen. The proof.... look up.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

See, I've been thinking about the Sun Displacement theory for about an hour now and this just poped out of my mind. I don't know where, butI've read somewhere that after 2012, our solar system would be hardly recognizable, that we might have 2 sun, and that we would be located in The Pleiades.

Now let's analyse this. We may have found a "planet" 4 time as big as Jupiter. Gradual disclosing pretty much? A new planet sure makes a different solar system, but not much ofan unrecognizable one. NASA may "discover" some "new" interesting celestial phenomenon a lot more now, leading to 2012. As for the second sun, this Tyche could be a brown dwarf, an unawaken Sun. Hmmmm. And I'm sure everyone heard of the suspicious articles about Betelgeuse going supernova by anyday? That would surely qualify as a Sun, metaphoricaly speaki g, as the amount of light provided would be enormous. And now we get this Sun Displacement theory...The axis of the Earth seems off right now, our skies are becoming weirder and weirder, our Sun abnormally calm (although we have a M6.6 and X2.2 solar flares coming our way in between 1 and 3 days (as for that, I wonder the what are thefull effect of 2 relatively big solar flares hitting Earth in a direct fashion)), solar system climate changes...

So much dots, so much connection possibilities, so much outcomes possible, so much much!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Just an FYI. An X2 solar flare has erupted on the earth facing side of the sun. Geomagnetic storms are likely in 36 to 48 hours. It's the strongest flare in more than 4 years.

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arsenalwa
Dude, I'm more of a lurker and had like 2 or 3 posts in about 3 years of checking this site almost everyday; but I had to post now to say this.

I was sky watching from the window the other night like I always do for a bit before I go to bed, when I saw a single "star" moving across the sky. And no, it wasn't a plane. A plane's light doesn't look like that. It was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen while sky watching. It looked *exactly* like a - fairly bright, though not as bright as Sirius - star. I was mesmerized watching it till it started fading away. So when someone said he saw the lone star in the morning "moving" in the first page I just thought I would post this. Even though it wasn't as extreme as the OP.

I know you are used to this star gazing thing, but could the star be a satellite or even ISS. Where and when was this?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If this happened, then well take it as a lesson for what it is and move on. Its more likely you blacked out and hit your head or something instead of an alien invasion or the stars moving.

Plus the communications systems [media internet radio ect] would be exploding if we were being invaded by aliens. Unless im missing something its not.

But if your lying, which would not be shocking, then your not foolin anyone here. Everyone knows that more people are full of crap than not here and is quick to call you out.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dneudecker

Don't forget the M6.6 that has erupted a day prior to the X2.2. Our magnetosphere will already be weakened. Some power grid failures to come? Hope not...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arsenalwa

Sounds very much like a common satellite to me.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I would like to thank the OP as you have inspired me to move from a passive observer of these forums to a posting member (i can hear you saying go back to a passive observer(lol))
Last Saturday (Feb 12, 2011) I thought i witnessed a UAV flying up and away from the earth at about 1am in the southwestern sky. I live in Kansas. the object was about the size of a raspberry and continually changed colors from white to orange to blue. It definitely was moving as I was using a tree as my frame of reference and additionally brought out my roommate to also observe this. The object after about 20 mins had shrunk to the size of about a grain of rice. My roommate was sure it was a plane. I searched for other accounts of what i witness with MUFON and other various website to no avail. I then proceeded to get Stellarium in the hopes of debunking myself (LOL) It turned out to be The Sirius binary star cluster and i dismissed this experience also letting my roommate know of my findings (so he didn't think me a crackpot) But what I witnessed was not anything i have ever seen from a star. Maybe on of the stars was crossing in front of another i still don't know.
I found some eerie validation in your OP and just wanted to point out a few things i have been looking over.

Firstly, The Fermi Paradox...among other things suggests that one intelligent species would through mathematical calculations on take 1 million years to colonize the entire galaxy. Also in this theory (created and debated by many renown scientists and astronomers of the 20th century) is a possible concept of the Planetarium theory (something to check out). My experience made me feel like a cosmic light bulb had fallen out of place and was dangling from its "hanging point" which i likened to Jim Carry's characters experience in the movie the Truman Show. You may find some hints to conclusion in investigating the Fermi paradox.

Secondly some people have mention the Mayan prophecy stuff in this thread. The "Wave of Unity Conscious" or the 9th wave is due to start on march 9th,2011 (my birthday) and continue until the end of the long year on 12/21/2012. Events are supposed to increasingly speed up until then and we as a species are apparently become more in touch with the universal consciousness. They also suggest we will reach an astronomical position of alignment with the galactic equator or the black hole in the milky way galaxy if that is true the procession of earths axis would probably start to become a tighter spiral aligning with this solar point. If that where the case the path of the stars in the night sky might appear to be traveling faster across out horizon.

Thirdly I have recently heard on the news and read on websites that the Constants of our universe used to define science as we presently understand it have changed slightly. Constants can't change that's why they are called constants. If this is true the physics (and all our science) will soon be deemed invalid. And celestial objects would not behave as they are "supposed" to.

4thly (lol) Einstein and Tesla supposedly came up with a unified field theory that would unite the four forces of our universe into one neat equation. Einstein supposedly destroyed it before he died deeming the human race unworthy of this theory (who could blame him after the a-bomb) and Tesla supposedly worked with a few other fringe scientists using the unified theory to create objects that could defy gravity (early evidence of man made space craft).

5thly in this lengthy post(sorry didn't realize i had all this to say atm) we have the conspiracy theory that the United Earth, NWO, One World Gov't w/e you want to call it has a three fold plan. Massive inflation to create panic, Destabilization of the Middle East, and finally a hoax alien invasion of planet earth. These events would cause increasing reliance on the Govt's of the world allowing them to swoop in to rescue us and thereby attain their goals of world domination. Maybe we are seeing the beginings of this. A higher up in the United States political system came up with this three fold theory (can't remember who at the moment) but it is documented and can be found on a search.

Finally there is the theory that the Satan figure will use this supposed alien invasion as a last coup to deter the faithful at the end times.

Lottsa stuff going on and I am indeed excited, hope-full and frightened. I think I am feeling increasingly uneasy emotions as these events seem to increase, much like the animal kingdom does when a cataclysmic event is on the horizon.

Good luck to you all on your quests and thank everyone for there continued input on what is always and unfortunately considered the Fringes of society!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
reply to post by dneudecker

Don't forget the M6.6 that has erupted a day prior to the X2.2. Our magnetosphere will already be weakened. Some power grid failures to come? Hope not...

Yeah, I saw you mentioned that. I'm a little confused though. I just got this notification for the X2 and that it happened today. I found the info. on the M6.6 from the 13th but nothing about an X2.2. Are there actually 3 now or just the 2?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join