It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW i just witnessed a [the?] pole shift or something even weirder????????? mind blown

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

sounds like your head was spinning, not the stars...

-Coffee is a stimulant, this debunks anything you thought you might have experienced.

-You contaminate the theory/incident by imbibing any chemical substances.

lol, thanks for your opinion, sir. Your entire brain is one fantastic string of chemical formulas and reactions. Debunks this for you, perhaps, which I am not in the least bit worried about.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I drank a coffee an hour ago, how can I be sure I even exist right now??

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

now that we know the true menacing effects of coffee we can safely write centuries of human history off as unreliable, drug induced, babel.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

now that we know the true menacing effects of coffee we can safely write centuries of human history off as unreliable, drug induced, babel.

Those poor University students.. :/

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I have witnessed this type of thing before but I knew what had caused it. At 4am you may not have felt tired but you would have been. After a large strong coffee you got out of the car and looked up. You had a dizzy spell that made fixed objects seem like they are moving ( I know stars aren't fixed but you get my meaning) then after a a while they stop as your balance and vision return to normal. Don't believe me, try spinning around then stopping and then watch a fixed point it will appear to move.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

I have witnessed this type of thing before but I knew what had caused it. At 4am you may not have felt tired but you would have been. After a large strong coffee you got out of the car and looked up. You had a dizzy spell that made fixed objects seem like they are moving ( I know stars aren't fixed but you get my meaning) then after a a while they stop as your balance and vision return to normal. Don't believe me, try spinning around then stopping and then watch a fixed point it will appear to move.

Two people sharing the same hallucination eh? Doubt as you'd wish, I have gone longer without sleep with fewer reprecussions.
We didn't enter the car.. this continued for 10 minutes, without vertigo. I am a very perceptive person, especially when it comes to monitoring my own body chemistry and observations.

This was deliberate movement across the sky, what put the entire situation into perspective was when I was watching the Big Dipper move in unison.
edit on 15-2-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Wow man, well first I thought it could be in your mind...since the mind sometimes plays tricks on us and makes us imagine things...however if your girl witnessed this as well and provided you are not lying or dreaming, then you did see something..as we have now 2 people witnessing the same event.

Now I doubt its the matrix or anything like that, however a hologram of normal space covering up whats really up there is a cool idea, maybe theres a fleet of ships and were surrounded but conveniently the hologram displays to us a normal sky, probably works something like a field of a certain type extending to form a 3 dimensional plane that sort of shrouds the earth in an area and creates an image, and ofcourse it is opaque to incoming light on the other side, and probably only activated at night.

Ok I have been thinking scratch the hologram, it probably is like a giant lcd screen, the field forms clusters which work just like in the lcd screen when the sun shines on them in space, they produce a light, when you have like a million of these in a plane you get an image, and then you see stars moving simply because of a malfunction of the video haha. I just made this up on the spot btw...verdict Giant Screen, showing a video like the fireplace channel lol. And scary part is we can probably make that....maybe
edit on 15-2-2011 by lastdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Has anyone seen Dark City? :

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Like you, I am a sky-watcher..and although not considered a pro astronomer or anything, I spend a LOT of time looking at the sky.
Anyway on the 12th around 11pm, my son was coughing and we were worried so we headed to the ER near our house. He was doing okay so we brought him back home..it was around 1:30am (now the 13th). I got him back to bed and could smell the trash can a little funky in the kitchen and knew if I waited all night, that smell would drive me crazy. I am positive I was not sleep-walking, in fact I was quite awake after the scare earlier. My husband had dozed off and so I took the trash and walked the 100 or so feet outside to the dumpster. As is usual for me, I looked up as I walked along and was just looking at the stars and such.. I tossed the trash and turned around to head back and nearly dropped my teeth because I SWEAR Orion had moved wayyyyyy forward. I had this really cold numbing thought that maybe I'd gotten caught in a time glitch and hours had passed or something. I'm not joking..my blood went cold! I felt frightened because I KNEW that it was not right. I literally ran the last few steps to my door and locked everything behind me. I checked on my son right away and then noticed the clock was as it should be..only 2 minutes had passed. My hackles were up because I KNOW Orion was not in the same place walking to the trashcan as it was coming back. I wanted to go and check but could not make myself go back out and see where it had gone.
So last night I went out at the same time and found Orion and waited and waited but it did not move noticably. I am seriously weirded out now that I've read your experience. I have never felt frightened of the sky..but the other night I truly was.
edit on 15-2-2011 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by lastdragon
Wow man, well first I thought it could be in your mind...since the mind sometimes plays tricks on us and makes us imagine things...however if your girl witnessed this as well and provided you are not lying or dreaming, then you did see something..as we have now 2 people witnessing the same event.

I counted 19 posts saying they saw a similar event.

Also, I am not religious, but as my knowledge serves me, Feb 14th is the proposed birthday of Mohammad, Islam's founder and prophet that prophesied MANY MANY space/stars/moon/universe theories and revelations.

Oh...and its Valentines day!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by lastdragon

Now I doubt its the matrix or anything like that, however a hologram of normal space covering up whats really up there is a cool idea, maybe theres a fleet of ships and were surrounded but conveniently the hologram displays to us a normal sky, probably works something like a field of a certain type extending to form a 3 dimensional plane that sort of shrouds the earth in an area and creates an image, and ofcourse it is opaque to incoming light on the other side, and probably only activated at night.

Ok I have been thinking scratch the hologram, it probably is like a giant lcd screen, the field forms clusters which work just like in the lcd screen when the sun shines on them in space, they produce a light, when you have like a million of these in a plane you get an image, and then you see stars moving simply because of a malfunction of the video haha. I just made this up on the spot btw...verdict Giant Screen, showing a video like the fireplace channel lol. And scary part is we can probably make that....maybe
edit on 15-2-2011 by lastdragon because: (no reason given)

Commercial holographic technology takes advantage of water vapour in the atmosphere. almost like LCD for sure

possibly much like the pineal gland too..

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11
Like you, I am a sky-watcher..and although not considered a pro astronomer or anything, I spend a LOT of time looking at the sky.
Anyway on the 12th around 11pm, my son was coughing and we were worried so we headed to the ER near our house. He was doing okay so we brought him back home..it was around 1:30am (now the 13th). I got him back to bed and could smell the trash can a little funky in the kitchen and knew if I waited all night, that smell would drive me crazy. I am positive I was not sleep-walking, in fact I was quite awake after the scare earlier. My husband had dozed off and so I took the trash and walked the 100 or so feet outside to the dumpster. As is usual for me, I looked up as I walked along and was just looking at the stars and such.. I tossed the trash and turned around to head back and nearly dropped my teeth because I SWEAR Orion had moved wayyyyyy forward. I had this really cold numbing thought that maybe I'd gotten caught in a time glitch and hours had passed or something. I'm not joking..my blood went cold! I felt frightened because I KNEW that it was not right. I literally ran the last few steps to my door and locked everything behind me. I checked on my son right away and then noticed the clock was as it should be..only 2 minutes had passed. My hackles were up because I KNOW Orion was not in the same place walking to the trashcan as it was coming back. I wanted to go and check but could not make myself go back out and see where it had gone.
So last night I went out at the same time and found Orion and waited and waited but it did not move noticably. I am seriously weirded out now that I've read your experience. I have never felt frightened of the sky..but the other night I truly was.
edit on 15-2-2011 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

I believe you are not joking! Thank you for posting your experience... something big is going on it seems.

Tyche's proposed orbit

rather elliptical in orbit, wouldn't you say? Come to think of it, Orion's constellation has been tampered with on WikiSky and G.Sky and Microsoft Sky in the last little bit of time..

hmm. 0_o

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I too noticed the moon left, then upside down almost half, then back to normal, all in 3 nights , but now its so cloudy all the time day and night, good smoke screen abilty they have, they wont be able to hold the truth forever....also reading pages about possible pole shift theroys isnt a waste of time,

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

This is random, but I'm also a "perceptive" person, and I've been extremely fascinated by anything paranormal since I was a little kid. But here's a little story about something that happened to me and a few friends a couple years ago - we didn't see any stars moving around but in a way its kind of similar.

Two of my friends that I used to hang out with fairly often after work, who were also really into "weird stuff" insisted that they had both seen a "mothman" one night. Not that it really matters too much, but we do not live in New Jersey, we live in Pennsylvania. Anyway, these 2 friends are now married as far as I know, and they have also have a son who was 4 or 5 years old at the time - and I know it doesn't have much to do with anything, but I can't see them as people that would just make up some story in hope of gaining attention from others.

They had told me that one night on the way home from work (we worked 2nd shift so it was probably close to 2AM when they got home) they saw this huge dark bat like figure with bright red eyes swoop down out of a tree directly in front of their car. Obviously they (according to their story anyway) "totally freaked out" and stopped the car asking each other if they saw this thing, and when they realized they BOTH saw it, they pretty much got even more scared, locked the car doors, and drove as fast as they could the rest of the way home.

So.. that's weird. But here's another strange thing... eventually they invited me and my girlfriend at the time over to hang out, drink a few beers, and watch some movies. At one point during the night, me and her went outside for a cigarette, and as we're standing there smoking, I think I see this "mothman" thing up in one of the trees, across the backyard.. probably about 100-300 yards away; I have no clue what the exact distance was, but it was far enough to see the trees fine, but in the dark, not be able to pick out any details. So I'm all like "Holy $!#%, there it is!!" then my girlfriend looks up and says she sees something too. So we quickly finish our cigarettes, go back inside, and tell the other 2 to come out and look up at the trees.

Both of them also said they saw something moving around, so all 4 of us just kinda stood there watching. After a while, nothing else happened. So I walked out in the yard as close as I could get to this particular tree, and all I could see was some funny looking tree branches - no "mothman".

So.. anyway, I guess it's pretty easy to say that your eyes can easily play tricks on you, especially in the dark - but then again, maybe something really was there. Who knows.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
hey,

interesting story.

idk if it is related but there was an earthquake on the 14th of february in germany with the strenght of 4,8 at Westerwald near Frankfurt. This might be usual for the rest of the world, but it is very!!! unusual for this area in germany.
www.spiegel.de...
Unfortunately my source is in german, yout either trust me or translate it.
But remember what they said at The Simpsons at Cape Feare (S5F2): "A person who speaks german can´t be a bad person!"

I will have a look in the sky tonight!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Time2Think

This is random, but I'm also a "perceptive" person, and I've been extremely fascinated by anything paranormal since I was a little kid. But here's a little story about something that happened to me and a few friends a couple years ago - we didn't see any stars moving around but in a way its kind of similar.

Two of my friends that I used to hang out with fairly often after work, who were also really into "weird stuff" insisted that they had both seen a "mothman" one night. Not that it really matters too much, but we do not live in New Jersey, we live in Pennsylvania. Anyway, these 2 friends are now married as far as I know, and they have also have a son who was 4 or 5 years old at the time - and I know it doesn't have much to do with anything, but I can't see them as people that would just make up some story in hope of gaining attention from others.

They had told me that one night on the way home from work (we worked 2nd shift so it was probably close to 2AM when they got home) they saw this huge dark bat like figure with bright red eyes swoop down out of a tree directly in front of their car. Obviously they (according to their story anyway) "totally freaked out" and stopped the car asking each other if they saw this thing, and when they realized they BOTH saw it, they pretty much got even more scared, locked the car doors, and drove as fast as they could the rest of the way home.

So.. that's weird. But here's another strange thing... eventually they invited me and my girlfriend at the time over to hang out, drink a few beers, and watch some movies. At one point during the night, me and her went outside for a cigarette, and as we're standing there smoking, I think I see this "mothman" thing up in one of the trees, across the backyard.. probably about 100-300 yards away; I have no clue what the exact distance was, but it was far enough to see the trees fine, but in the dark, not be able to pick out any details. So I'm all like "Holy $!#%, there it is!!" then my girlfriend looks up and says she sees something too. So we quickly finish our cigarettes, go back inside, and tell the other 2 to come out and look up at the trees.

Both of them also said they saw something moving around, so all 4 of us just kinda stood there watching. After a while, nothing else happened. So I walked out in the yard as close as I could get to this particular tree, and all I could see was some funny looking tree branches - no "mothman".

So.. anyway, I guess it's pretty easy to say that your eyes can easily play tricks on you, especially in the dark - but then again, maybe something really was there. Who knows.

Yeah, I am familiar with the Mothman stories.. I found it peculiar that the UN recently announced their prospective diplomat to extra-planetary nations/people was an Malaysian astrophysicist named Mazlan Othman,,

M [-Azlan] Othman
M.Othman / Azlan

Fierce-some alien sighting from the 60s in Rural America/And creator God from Narnia who no one believes in until he returns @ the end to save everything...

This has project blue beam all over it, really. lol

Only partially kidding :S

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocket88
hey,

interesting story.

idk if it is related but there was an earthquake on the 14th of february in germany with the strenght of 4,8 at Westerwald near Frankfurt. This might be usual for the rest of the world, but it is very!!! unusual for this area in germany.
www.spiegel.de...
Unfortunately my source is in german, yout either trust me or translate it.
But remember what they said at The Simpsons at Cape Feare (S5F2): "A person who speaks german can´t be a bad person!"

Anyone who references the Simpsons can't be that bad either

Thanks for the knowledge from the other side of the world! It could very well be related.. I did not notice anything seismic in this area, however I haven't checked, and no one has reported anything. We are on a solid piece of bed rock in this area, so tremors most likely would be absorbed.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Yea really, and if there are no ET's then what in the world do we need an interplanetary diplomat for exactly?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Time2Think

Yea really, and if there are no ET's then what in the world do we need an interplanetary diplomat for exactly?

Not only that but it seems they are implicitly commenting on alien creator "gods" (annunaki) within her name.. she was invited to the "Royal Society's" meeting on extra-planetary bodies...

now think of Jupiter's Perturber, Tyche is expected to be discovered... a brown dwarf 4 times the size of Jupiter.. on a highly elliptical orbit...recent edits to google sky in the orion infrared.. the only way one could see a brown dwarf??

see where I'm going?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunLightyear

I'm certainly not here to debunk what you have experienced. But, I know for sure that whatever you experienced wasn't a movement of the earth. Why? Well, if the earth had started to move/shift the poles, than there would be 1 billion eye withnesses on the other side of the earth seeing the sun moving in the same manner as the stars moved when you looked up the sky.: (no reason given)

because our solar system was being 'moved' .

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join