It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can HAARP Create Earthquakes?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel but i did add my thoughts to this haarp nonsense,,,,

My apologies, I sit corrected!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin
reply to post by PuterMan

offcourse it can do it!
IT IS DOING IT RIGHT NOW...
after a few "reversals" somewere in ASIA...

Could you supply some credible sources that others may access, in order to open the possibility for them to arrive at a similar conclusion, please?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
well if u can do things such as I have claimed you could use to destabalize regions drain the monies through aid create mass stress and chaos also you can use for good lets say you have somewhere with a mega volcano where the ground bulges 5 inches give or take maybe you want to use it there by causing lots of little quakes to stabalize it...also who said HAARP cant send out any frequency desired? that just happens to be in conjunction to what they claim its for... who says you have to cycle at the same frequency as the earth to cause this effect? That would be harmful to humans seeing as we cycle just the same as our big old space ship mother Earth...want more info on frequency matter manipulation look into the hutchinson effect... Many American agencies have been to visit this wicked Canadian Genius....

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Can a DARPA sh*t in the woods?
Rhetorical question....

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I have had a search for HAARP and IF it can cause earthquakes and came across a site that has an article about a book. Yer I no....a book. But it give some good information and brings up some good points.

The book is called Angels Don't Play This Haarp: Advances in Tesla Technology.(2004)

Here is a link to the site i found it on: www.haarp.net...

Here are a few pieces from the article I found of interest:

The United States Congressional record deals with the use of HAARP for penetrating the earth with signals bounced off of the ionosphere. These signals are used to look inside the planet to a depth of many kilometers in order to locate underground munitions, minerals and tunnels. The U.S. Senate set aside $15 million dollars in 1996 to develop this ability alone -- earth-penetrating-tomography. The problem is that the frequency needed for earth-penetrating radiation is within the frequency range most cited for disruption of human mental functions. It may also have profound effects on migration patterns of fish and wild animals which rely on an undisturbed energy field to find their routes.

So this made me think about all the fish/bird and animal deaths and strange migration patterns. If HAARP are having a go at triggering earthquakes this could explain the mass deaths of animals.

Second piece of information:

Among other researchers quoted is Paul Schaefer of Kansas City. His degree is in electrical engineering and he spent four years building nuclear weapons. "But most of the theories that we have been taught by scientists to believe in seem to be falling apart," he says. He talks about imbalances already caused by the industrial and atomic age, especially by radiation of large numbers of tiny, high-velocity particles "like very small spinning tops" into our environment. The unnatural level of motion of highly-energetic particles in the atmosphere and in radiation belts surrounding Earth is the villain in the weather disruptions, according to this model, which describes an Earth discharging its buildup of heat, relieving stress and regaining a balanced condition through earthquakes and volcanic action.

Could They Short-Circuit Earth?
Earth as a spherical electrical system is a fairly well-accepted model. However, those experimenters who want to make unnatural power connections between parts of this system might not be thinking of possible consequences. Electrical motors and generators can be caused to wobble when their circuits are affected. Could human activities cause a significant change in a planet's electrical circuit or electrical field? A paper in the respected journal Science deals with manmade ionization from radioactive material, but perhaps it could also be studied with HAARP-type skybusters in mind:
"For example, while changes in the earth's electric field resulting from a solar flare modulating conductivity may have only a barely detectable effect on meteorology, the situation may be different in regard to electric field changes caused by manmade ionization... " Meteorology, of course, is the study of the atmosphere and weather. ionization is what happens when a higher level of power is zapped into atoms and knocks electrons off the atoms. The resulting charged particles are the stuff of HAARP. "One look at the weather should tell us that we are on the wrong path," says Paul Schaefer, commenting on HAARP-type technologies.

So on reading this article I think that YES HARRP could possibly cause earthquakes. I know to me it all sounds far-fetched, but with all the technology around today I think anything could be possible.
edit on 14/2/11 by boo1981 because: Aaahhh spelling!!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Just tossing in some information that I've come across that could help or hinder in this friendly debate.

From the History Channel:

edit on 14-2-2011 by UtahRosebud because: Did not get the links right the first time.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

This is the point. Is it? Prove it!

Where is it doing it? How is it doing it?

This is the purpose of the thread. It is not sufficient to say - It is doing it and leave it at that. I could say the the increased wind recently has caused more eruptions. If I was to take that point of view then I would need to prove it. I have gone some way to pointing out why HAARP cannot be causing earthquakes, so - prove me wrong!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

"Right Guv, got that quake loaded up now. Where do you want it?"

Mm, you sure you believe that?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ValValient4

Hutchison came on the scene around 1979, but he has not been able to convince the scientific community that he is anything more than a crackpot. The same qualities that repulse the scientific community endear Hutchison to the mass media: the lone wolf genius with no degrees or academic background who shows the world you don't need no education to find a source of unlimited energy that costs nearly nuttin. Of course, it goes without saying that there will always be military persons attracted to claims like those made by Hutchison. What general wouldn't want an army of levitating soldiers with unlimited power packs that cost and weigh next to nothing? Imagine tanks and planes protected by shields like those that protect the Starship Enterprise?

Source

So that is Hutchinson out of the way. What is next? Your post does not explain how any of these things are to be achieved.

Consider that you write articles for Wikipedia. There you may not use original research - all statements must be backed up by proven fact.

Now consider this thread to be Wikipedia. Get my drift?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Hi Boo, thanks for posting the article. I had to go almost to the end of it to find any mention of earthquakes at all:

And they looked at some complicated technologies that would give big effects. Angels Don't Play This HAARP cites an expert who says the military studied both lasers and chemicals which they figured could damage the ozone layer over an enemy. Looking at ways to cause earthquakes, as well as to detect them, was part of the project named Prime Argus, decades ago

(Source as posted). Note that it says looking at ways to cause earthquakes. I t makes no mention of whether they can be caused. All the rest of the things in the article I would agree with as they are based on electro-magnetic effects.

I an not saying that HAARP cannot do these things as I believe it can and there are valid scientific reasons as to why this is the case. What I am saying is that it cannot cause earthquakes, and for the purposes of this thread that is all I am interested in.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I fully understand you op. I just thought that the bits of the article that I had pointed out maybe linked to any kind of test by HAARP to cause Earthquakes.

I know it pointed out the weather altering and so on, but I just wanted to put that out there and see if it could be/have a link to HAARP and earthquakes.

Could what HAARP are doing with there ionosphere testing have any affect on the ground or below it? I think thats what I am trying to get at.

The first bit got me as it talked about low frequency and the way in which it affects fish/animals and humans.

I hope that I don't come across as derailing your thread? I just thought that what I had found could have some relevance, but I'm no expert so forgive me if its complete waffle

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Id rather stir the pot some more... If you cannot think for yourself you will never be able to think outside of the box and you will always need someone else to do it for you...
So here's the significance of the "Earthquake Machine". If a six pound pneumatic device can cause a large steel building to quake and an enormous bridge to vibrate rythmically and consistently throughout, then what would it take to vibrate an existing fault enough to cause it to give out? Well, my friends, I think that technology has been around for a while now. It's called HAARP. HAARP sends controlled and tuned bursts or streams of high frequency (HF) radio energy at Earth's ionosphere. The enormous amount of energy added to the ionosphere creates a tuned vibration which then is directed around the globe on the jet-streams. Where ever this enormous vibration ends up it creates extremely low frequency (ELF) waves which travel down to the earth. (It can also send down LF, HF, VHF, UHF) Using this method, HAARP is capable of extremely deep earth tomography: basically "x-raying" the earth. That much is not controversial. Well, what if they tune it to resonate with the geological features of a fault line, causing a violent vibration, which then causes the fault to give way? I'm not alone in believing this is entirely possible. It makes perfect sense. Tesla may have been a mad scientist, but he beileved he could literally split the earth in two, using this method.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Hi Puterman,

I am no expert, but I found this thread on ATS to be quite interesting.

Capabilities of HAARP -

This invention has a phenomenal variety of possible ramifications and potential future developments. As alluded to earlier, missile or aircraft destruction, deflection, or confusion could result, particularly when relativistic particles are employed. Also, large regions of the atmosphere could be lifted to an unexpectedly high altitude so that missiles encounter unexpected and unplanned drag forces with resultant destruction or deflection of same.

Weather modification is possible by, for example, altering upper atmosphere wind patterns or altering solar absorption patterns by constructing one or more plumes of atmospheric particles which will act as a lens or focusing device.

For example, the plasma sheath surrounding a missile or satellite could be used as a trigger for activating such a high intensity field to destroy the missile or satellite.

Still further, plumes in accordance with the present invention can be formed to simulate and/or perform the same functions as performed by the detonation of a "heave" type nuclear device without actually having to detonate such a device. Thus it can be seen that the ramifications are numerous, far-reaching, and exceedingly varied in usefulness.

All directly quoted from the patent.

Patent

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Something else to put into the equation....

US Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen, said on 28 April 1997 at the Conference on Terrorism, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and U.S. Strategy, University of Georgia "Others are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves."

en.wikipedia.org...

There can be no argument that a weapon exists and has been used, and can be used in this way.
Is this weapon HAARP? I dont know. Does anyone?

The

1978 Convention on the Prohibition of Military or Any Other Hostile Use of Environmental Modification Techniques is an international treaty ratified by 75 states, and signed by a further 17, that prohibits use of environmental modification techniques to cause earthquakes and tsunamis, amongst other phenomena

The treaty was encacted precisely to prohibit the nations from warring with each other .

Is there a timeline connecting HAARP to this treaty?

And I have one more question for the experts here, if it is not HAARP that is the weapon that can cause earthquakes, what weapon is it?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Not at all, I just wanted to point out that there was not much about earthquakes in it.

I go along with the rest.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ValValient4

Stir the pot as much as you wish my friend that is what we are here for. Do not however suggest that I cannot think outside the box. As anyone on the geophysics thread will tell you I an very capable of that.

If a six pound pneumatic device can cause a large steel building to quake and an enormous bridge to vibrate rythmically and consistently throughout, then what would it take to vibrate an existing fault enough to cause it to give out?

I pointed out earlier in the thread that I was aware that VIBRATIONS can do this. You and everyone else have FAILED to make the connection that RADIO waves are NOT vibrations.

Where ever this enormous vibration ends up it creates extremely low frequency (ELF) waves which travel down to the earth. (It can also send down LF, HF, VHF, UHF) Using this method, HAARP is capable of extremely deep earth tomography: basically "x-raying" the earth.

It is also not vibrations. I am waiting for an explanation of how radio waves can be turned into vibrations and not just the quoted pieces which make enormous suppositions and also provide no evidence. You say it can do it, yet you can you provide the science behind it?

I am, as I have said time and again, not saying I am right. I am asking someone to prove that what they say is valid as I have attempted to do with my position that radio waves are not vibrations. If someone can come on to the thread and explain how radio waves can be turned into vibrations then end of story and we have proved HAARP can cause earthquakes. That is all I am asking.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Puterman... you said:

"It is also not vibrations. I am waiting for an explanation of how radio waves can be turned into vibrations and not just the quoted pieces which make enormous suppositions and also provide no evidence. You say it can do it, yet you can you provide the science behind it?"

Please watch the videos of the History Channel show I put up in this thread. I believe you will see that "proof" in the show.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

I believe you may be interested in this thread?

When are people going to join the dots here?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-2-2011 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying. Thank for your input. I have, as I have said, no doubt that it can be used to change weather patterns etc and potentially used as a weapon in that respect.

And I have one more question for the experts here, if it is not HAARP that is the weapon that can cause earthquakes, what weapon is it?

First you have to accept that there is a weapon that can cause earthquakes, and other than a nuclear bomb there is no evidence of that.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

jazz my friend, satellite glare, or glint is not dangerous and has nothing to do with radiation or frequencies. The Iridium satellites are part of a chain of satellites used for satellites phones and are also used to send seismograph data back to base. No conspiracy there I am afraid.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Hi, I have downloaded then but my CPU has been overheating and only got through 1 so far. I am going to try again shortly.

I will let you know.

Unfortunately in the second part they introduced that idiot Brooks Agnew who has no credibility what so ever with his crackpot Hollow Earth theories and the expedition to find the 'hole' which as far as i can tell never happened. The Phoenix Science Foundation which sounds very grand is his own invention. I went into the details of this on the links I gave in the first post.

Next problem. HAARP beams ELF waves into the ionosphere they say. Nope HAARP is HIGH frequency. Fail.

Then we have the 'demonstration' of ELF waves causing an earthquake. Fail. He used a loudspeaker that produced VIBRATIONS. Of course vibrations caused to rock to move.

All the way through they were saying HAARP created ELF waves - it does NOT. Yet again NO ONE has connected ELF RADIO waves with earthquakes.
edit on 14/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join