It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This band won a Grammy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I was surprised to learn this when I woke up this morning. I remember seeing them play this song...

... last night and I am completely shocked that they won.

What is going on right now in this world? Are people finally waking up or is this just another Grammy for a band which is only singing and does not support what they sing about?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The revolution is being shoved down our throats

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I think they won due to being an excellent live band.

They are willing to risk credibility by writing songs about things that obviously matter to them.

What else do expect from them?

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

So its not going to be nemisis or nibiru or nukes it's going to be giant teddy bears that takes us all out?actually it was a pretty good song,nice beat,but is this a conspiracy of some sort?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

You have to listen to the words to get the conspiracy bit TWILITE Muses Matt Belamy is well know for being into conspiracy theories and singing about them.

here

A lot of their other songs have lyrics in the same vein
edit on 14-2-2011 by davespanners because: copyright concern

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Double Post
edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I love muse. Almost all of their songs are good.

They've been long overdue for one. Remember The Killers winning a MTV award and they said Muse deserved it more than they did.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Muse is fantastic, I'm glad they won! They definitely seem to see things how they really are, and it shows in their lyrics. However I fear the masses are a little to...ummm...."special" to understand the meaning behind the music.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
That song is from an album Matt Bellamy specifically decided to write about conspiracy theories. I don't think he believes in any of them unless I missed him saying so but I do remember he thought it would be a good idea and he struggled to think of ideas that he liked so he browsed conspiracy sites and had to stop when he became too worried about what he was researching for lyrical inspiration.

That's all it was though, inspiration. Megadeth's main guy Dave Mustaine writes about conspiracies and anti-war but even he doesn't believe in them, just writes about interesting subject material.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beyond Creation
I think they won due to being an excellent live band.

Peace

In fact, I think they were one of the very few bands that actually performed and didn't lip sync so I give them kudos there even though i'm not a fan.

Usually any singing/dancing routine on live shows is all Lip Sync because they just aren't good enough to pull it off live.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Well Matt did once cancel a whole day of press interviews in New York because he thought that an asteroid was going to hit the earth, so I think he may well believe some of it

linky

top topics

join