It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Isakson: Government Is Not Spraying Chemicals From Planes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Sen. Isakson: Government Is Not Spraying Chemicals From Planes

www.cbsatlanta.com

"It's not happening," said Senator Johnny Isakson regarding a conspiracy theory that the government is poisoning Americans with chemicals sprayed by planes. CBS Atlanta questioned Isakson about the theory after it received thousands of e-mails from people convinced it is happening. The e-mails followed a story CBS Atlanta aired on the chemtrail conspiracy theory on Feb. 2.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbsatlanta.com

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Thousands of people sending in photos and letters, not all of them could be crazy right?

I saw this on the local news tonight, and the news station is interested in viewers opinions, and video and photo evidence themselves.

I think we are smart enough to know that a trail that dissipates quickly, and one that lingers for hours and spreads out turning eventually into a cloud, are not the same thing.

His reaction to the question tells you he doesn't even know what a contrail is, let alone a chemtrail, but boy is ready to deny that which he knows nothing about, admittedly knows nothing about, lol!

www.cbsatlanta.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I'm glad that Senator Isakson confirms that it is not happening. (*rolls eyes*). If I would meet this guy in real life, I would pat him on the back and say, "cool story, bro!".

Great find space cadet!
This Senators statement leaves me with a question... Does it mean, just because I don't know anything about the existence of a given topic, it does not exist? Does it mean that there is no wall in front of me, when I close my eyes and try hard to forget about its existence? Would the Senator even go so far to assume, that the wall does not exist, just because no one provides scientific evidence for its existence on a tablet?
edit on 14-2-2011 by SunLightyear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Thousands of people sending in photos and letters, not all of them could be crazy right?

yes they can

but IMHO most are not crazy they are simply woefully under educated - having zero grasp of the basics of physics , chemistry and metrology

as for your appeal to numbers in your quote - ask a commited christian if moslems or hindus are theologically right theres over a billion of each

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
He should have stopped and left his statement at this:

"I know nothing about that," said Sen. Isakson.

Instead of taking it to the next level and saying this:

"I know nothing about that," said Sen. Isakson. "I think that's a theory some people have but there's no evidence it's happening. And it's not happening."

So we have: I know nothing, I think that it's a theory, and there's no evidence? He knows nothing and thinks that it's a theory, but there's no evidence, so of course it isn't happening. Has he even looked at it? One would think he might want to before making proclamations like "it's not happening."

Truth is he's probably never even heard of it before or if he had, paid no attention and won't now either. He's the one uneducated and unobservant and likely to stay that way. Couldn't he just be honest and say something like, "I don't know but I'll look into it" and be done with it? No, his ego gets in the way. Can't admit he doesn't know something.

And yet from all this we get this lovely headline that the MSM chose to extract from this statement (Sen. Isakson: Government Is Not Spraying Chemicals From Planes).

Isakson in general is about at clueless, non-confrontational, uncommunicative, and tentative as they come. The form letters you get back from writing to him are more often totally irrelevant and off the point of the original letter. I doubt he ever sees them. He can't be bothered. He also can't seem to commit on anything. Not immigration, not unemployment. His focus seems to be on foreign relations, and even there he's ineffective.

His recent activity includes an "idea" to replace Freddie and Fannie with a private company. He does literally nothing and the only time he wakes up is when it's time to campaign and the occasional earmark for big business. All for big business. When it comes to issues that concern real people, like immigration, unemployment, small farm subsidies, he can't be found. Why the people of my state keep re-electing this no-op is beyond me. But, then he's just like all the other no-ops in Congress, so why should we expect more?

But beyond all this, why would his statement on the matter bear any more or less credence than anyone else's? Simply being in government doesn't imply that he knows any more or less about what might be going on in the skies than the average person.

edit on 2/14/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Of course the government isn't doing it.

On the other hand, there's always the multitudes of contractors and other members of the military industrial complex who could be without the senator or any other public servant having to be party to it.

BTW, if it were happening, and on his watch, he would have to answer for that, no? ... Good thing he 'knows nothing.' He's in the clear....

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

exactly my sentiments...
"Sen. Isakson: Government Is Not Spraying Chemicals From Planes"

too many loopholes and elusive language in use by this man.... Planes are not Jetcraft (that's obvious)

any of the many NGO's (non govermental organization) doing business either for or with the military
or for Security/Intel agencies are not officially the 'Government'...
just look at the CIA front airline, 'Con-Air' as an example.

the Senators' statement is vacuous, says nothing of value...i suppose he's trying to seperate himself
from any future possible entanglements...
or else he is being just another fear monger that is actually promoting the ChemTrail CT
while feigning to be discrediting the ChemTrail Conspiracy... was his stunt to get on FB or Twitter?

edit on 14-2-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

Where have I heard that before? oh yes I know the UFO forum.

We can all feel rest assured that it is not happening because a senator says so, phew I thought for one minute that solar winds were getting through the ionosphere, I can breath a sigh of relief now.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Oh, come off it.
You know if he had said they do exist you would be triumphant about the government finally is telling the truth. Instead, he says what you don't want to hear, so he's obviously either lying or stupid.
If a million people sent in pictures of the moon and said it was obviously made of green cheese does that make it true? No.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
If a million people sent in pictures of the moon and said it was obviously made of green cheese does that make it true? No.

How can you even think that your statement comes close to the OPs? I mean for a start why would a million people send in pictures of the moon and say its made of the cheese thats just a ridiculous notion. now if those people actually went to the moon and found out it was made of cheese they would be right no?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I think the Senator should be commended for his "openness in government"!

He has been completely transparent in letting the constituents that put him in office know exactly his level of integrity, intelligence, honesty and performance under pressure all in one grand statement. If he'd only taken his shirt off on craigslist they would be rid of him by now instead of having to wait until the next election.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

How can you even think that your statement comes close to the OPs? I mean for a start why would a million people send in pictures of the moon and say its made of the cheese thats just a ridiculous notion. now if those people actually went to the moon and found out it was made of cheese they would be right no?

All it would take to start that mess is one person getting on the internet and proclaiming "The moon is made out of green cheese". Take for instance the term "La Raza".There is a group called "The National Council of La Raza". People believe they are for the reconquest of Aztlan when their website says they are not for it or affiliated with anyone who is for it. Yet people still spout off this tired old mistruth. Why? Because someone else said it and many people don't understand the topic.

Can you not see how this might happen with Chem-trails? One guy goes out and sees something and mistakes it for something else. He gets on the internet and everyone and their mother goes out to make the same mistake he did. It is no surprise the Chemtrail debate started around the same time the internet took off. That doesn't mean I'm saying all of the claims are false, but I do believe a good majority of people are not seeing Chemtrails.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
gov officials have lied to us since the beginning,
what makes you think they will suddenly start
telling the truth now when it comes to chemtrails???

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
gov officials have lied to us since the beginning,
what makes you think they will suddenly start
telling the truth now when it comes to chemtrails???

And that is the crux. If someone in government says something that goes against ones conspiratorial views, well thats just proof someone from the government is lying. But if they say something that falls into ones conspiracy views, then its all proof because someone from the government said it.

Do you think arab airlines such as Emirates are in your chemtrails conspiracy?

edit on 14-2-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join