It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru?? New planet to be discovered. Four times the size of Jupiter!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Beats me how anyone could miss something that size.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by MrXYZ

Just consider more advanced technology or celestial travel of natural objects. It can run into one of the lil blackholes in the vicinity and pop up right below Earth. Or if natural lol can catch a ride of the suns or SOLs mag. field speeding up its travel. I dont know if 2012 is late or early. I understand that fear can cause disbelief but this isnt the first time an object out there has been discussed. So 1 only recommends KEEP OPEN MINDS. Sometimes we got to evaluate thing of instinct not try to use what we of EA know and assume no others have better ways of travel.
edit on 2/14/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

Ok, first of all, nothing entering a black hole "pops out again" to our knowledge, so you are SPECULATING. Magnetic fields like the one around earth also don't speed anything up.

All I'm saying that rationally, there is ZERO evidence that thing exists. Some people though choose to believe in it anyway, kinda like religious followers. But just like religious followers, their belief isn't based on logic or rationality, it's based on blind belief

Interesting.
I still go with The Science Channel and the brown dwarf theory thanks.
Here

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

And the proposal is the planet exists in an orbit 15,000 au from the Sun. Not an elliptical orbit proposed by Nibiru fanatics, but an orbit that remains at 15,000 au effecting the manner in which asteroids/comets are ejected from the Oort Cloud.
Exciting news, but a giant ball of gas in the Oort Cloud doesn't have a thing to do with 2012 Nibiru nonsense.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCardigan

try 3,600 years +/- , about a 'shar', for the orbital period.

And this still may be part of PX's "entourage", and not PX itself.

The big scopes put up in space in the last 10 years all had IR capability - for just such a find.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
During that earlier post relating to 1/3 The Nutrimedical Report 2/11/2011 at 02.45mins, I was surprised to hear them say that significant near earth objects had now been classified, is this really so?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

What you describe happens all the time, it's responsible for our northern lights. And so far nothing bad ever came from it.

Now, if there's an especially large eruption, the likes mankind has never seen before, the worst that can happen is all our electronics going all dead. Troublesome, yes...a real threat that changes human kind? Most definitely not

And the MSM hasn't kept it from us, it happens all the time, and we get to see northern lights every single year.

I really can't believe there's so many gullible people believing in a planet Niburu or brown dwarf without ever having seen the slightest bit of real credible evidence. The same goes for timewave zero, pole shifts, and the "galactic realignment" (that also happens once a year). For crying out loud, stop believing in stuff without credible evidence!!

Now, if they discover a new planet, super cool...but jumping on the 2012 fail train and taking huge leaps of faith without evidence is silly. And just fyi, we already know of several objects larger than pluto in the cloud around our solar system, or the Kuiper belt. Sedna for example is a dwarf planet in the Oort cloud...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
reply to post by TheCardigan

try 3,600 years +/- , about a 'shar', for the orbital period.

I was wondering if anyone had read my posts on the orbital period. I guess that answers my question.

The orbital period of something out that far would (realistically) be about 6.5 million years. Not even close to 3600 years.
edit on 14-2-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

Funny video...but the question is:

Have they found that brown dwarf yet?

Answer: NO!!

It's pure speculation at this point

So by all means, go with the science channel...they admit it's speculation, just like I'm saying

Now, even if a super massive object exists, and hurls comets our way...how does that prove the wacky Niburu theories???
edit on 14-2-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Al E. Inn
reply to post by MrXYZ

And the proposal is the planet exists in an orbit 15,000 au from the Sun. Not an elliptical orbit proposed by Nibiru fanatics, but an orbit that remains at 15,000 au effecting the manner in which asteroids/comets are ejected from the Oort Cloud.
Exciting news, but a giant ball of gas in the Oort Cloud doesn't have a thing to do with 2012 Nibiru nonsense.

Exactly my point! And what's more, hacks like Sitchin claimed that Niburu comes into our solar system every 3600 years...also doesn't fit the profile according to the video posted above, because the mass extinctions happened every 26mil years, and not 3600 years.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Is it necessary to be 4 times bigger than Jupiter? If the scientists take in mind the mass and for real the planet is gas giant then t should be 4 time bigger than Jupiter, but if it is rocky planet or dying star with great mass equal to 4 times greater than Jupeter mass, hence the gravity impact, should be the same then it should cause the same indirect results on its near neighbors.
edit on 14-2-2011 by jovanoti because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

.......... im really quite gobed smacked by this tho im posting this after JUST reading the "Daily Hate Mails" report

First thing that sprang to mind when i read this was the IRAS survey in 1983 there was a big thing that they found a planet as big or bigger then jupiter

"The observatory also made headlines briefly with the discovery of an "unknown object" that was at first described as "possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth that it would be part of this solar system."[4] However, further analysis revealed that, of several unidentified objects, nine were distant galaxies and the tenth was "intergalactic cirrus".[5] None were found to be Solar System bodies.[5]"

*Taken From Wikipedia*

well it seems like they were right ...and if the planet x theroy is true its around this sort of time that it might be become noticeable from earth ..

Exciting times...tho im more worried about the suns coming solar max and the as i right this post storm thats about to smack in to us

are these connected?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TreX-UK

Exciting times...tho im more worried about the suns coming solar max and the as i right this post storm thats about to smack in to us

are these connected?

Given that we don't even know if this Planet X exists, the fact that solar cycles happen all the time, and that we have zero evidence that would imply a connection...I'd say no

The earth's magnetic field protects us from whatever the sun throws at us, the worst that could happen is our electric powered stuff going dead all at once if an especially large storm (which we've never witnessed) happens. It wouldn't kill humans or make them sick...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Putting Nibiru in the title sort of distracts from the real news.

Did people always mention nibiru when they found new planets in the past? I don't think so. Why should this be any different?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

Astronmers are finding new Planets all the Time.
Nibiru has never been proclaimed to exist by Scientists or Astromers, only Fiction Book writers claim it exists. BIG DIFFERENCE, Astronomers do it for Science, Book writers do it for Profit.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Putting Nibiru in the title sort of distracts from the real news.

Did people always mention nibiru when they found new planets in the past? I don't think so. Why should this be any different?

Exactly, I may as well make a thread about the moon and include Nibiru in the title. Why not?!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by Wildeagle

Astronmers are finding new Planets all the Time.
Nibiru has never been proclaimed to exist by Scientists or Astromers, only Fiction Book writers claim it exists. BIG DIFFERENCE, Astronomers do it for Science, Book writers do it for Profit.

Sadly when new planets are discovered, someone will yell Nibiru. There's always one. It keeps their faith alive, I suppose.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

If a planet in distant star system is found the it will be another discovery of distant planet. Bat having in mind 2012 thing and that we're discussing "planet" in our solar system the interest is increased.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by ANClENT
So scientists finally admit planet x is real, about freaking time
edit on 14-2-2011 by ANClENT because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2011 by ANClENT because: (no reason given)

Now now... Its difficult to detect a planet that is 4 times the size of Jupiter in the solar system.. Its not so hard to detect a planet existance in a solar system 70k light years away...

/end sarcasm

Chances are they have know about it, and wanted time to study it before making the announcement so they can answer the planet X - Niburu questions that are bound to come flooding in.

Actually, they might rely on completely different methods of detection; detecting distant planetary systems mainly measure the amount of light which is shadowed by the orbiting planet and thusly determining size/distance etc, while detecting a plant in our solar system might require measuring gravitational pull on nearby bodies or similar, which could possibly make it more difficult in the vicinity than on a certain distance.

I think most scientists would be quite eager to get their name on a discovery of this magnitude.

edit on 14-2-2011 by aboveGoos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreX-UK
First thing that sprang to mind when i read this was the IRAS survey in 1983 there was a big thing that they found a planet as big or bigger then jupiter

"The observatory also made headlines briefly with the discovery of an "unknown object" that was at first described as "possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth that it would be part of this solar system."[4] However, further analysis revealed that, of several unidentified objects, nine were distant galaxies and the tenth was "intergalactic cirrus".[5] None were found to be Solar System bodies.[5]"

*Taken From Wikipedia*

Yeah, I love some of the stuff you can find on Wikipedia. No matter how ridiculous, it's always guaranteed to parrot the official story.

As if scientists and astronomers couldn't tell the difference between an object the size of Jupiter that's "so close to Earth that it would be part of the solar system" and a "distant galaxy."

Man, the professional debunkers are going after this thread like their lives depend on it.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jovanoti
Is it necessary to be 4 times bigger than Jupiter? If the scientists take in mind the mass and for real the planet is gas giant then t should be 4 time bigger than Jupiter, but if it is rocky planet or dying star with great mass equal to 4 times greater than Jupeter mass, hence the gravity impact, should be the same then it should cause the same indirect results on its near neighbors.
Saying "4 times bigger than Jupiter" I mean the size (4 times the volume or radius of Jpiter) , if the article means the mass then my post is irrelevant.

extra DIV

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join