It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru?? New planet to be discovered. Four times the size of Jupiter!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It amazes me that Voyager 1&2 havent found any signs of it out there.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
It amazes me that Voyager 1&2 havent found any signs of it out there.

Well if the star has an orbital of around 26 million years, there's a big chance they might've missed it since it was nowhere near their trajectory.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I don`t know if these people are talking about the same thing but it sounds pretty frightening.
Sorry if this has been posted before but i think it was recorded a few days ago.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Anodyne

Ok makes sense. Still I think they would of given of some form of detection in the monitors aboard from its radiation-electro mag. something. I just find it strange say 3 years ago nothing ten years ago nothing within last 2 months something... From out of nowhere.

Thanks for your input..
edit on 2/14/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Wow! If this is true, that's crazy.
It's no Planet X though, just some giant planet on the edge of our solar system.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Anodyne

Also, the instruments aboard Voyager 1 and 2 aren't designed to be searching for evasive brown dwarfs in the farthest reaches of our solar system. Their imaging capabilities were designed for getting pictures of things like Saturn. The rest of the instruments they carry are for analysis of their immediate vicinities, like spectrometers and magnetometers.

There are two ways the Voyager probes could detect a brown dwarf in the Oort cloud:

1) if it happened to get close enough that images it took showed an anomalous object where none is known to be

2) if it got close enough that the brown dwarf's gravity began to accelerate the probe in its direction

That last one is actually interesting, because, in fact, the Voyager probes are experiencing an anomalous acceleration back toward the sun, not out toward any hidden planets.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Good point. However, Tyche (or Nemesis) may be on the opposite side of the solar system - half a light year or more away.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
That last one is actually interesting, because, in fact, the Voyager probes are experiencing an anomalous acceleration back toward the sun, not out toward any hidden planets.

Yeah, I thought something like that was happening but a google search didn't bring anything up. Not sure if it could be explained by proximity to Tyche/Nemesis though. If a large gravitational mass were to one side of the Voyager probes, could that explain observations?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Indeed, they weren't equiped with instruments to search for some hidden dwarf star.

I read about the voyager anomaly, interesting stuff!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by CLPrime

Yeah, I thought something like that was happening but a google search didn't bring anything up. Not sure if it could be explained by proximity to Tyche/Nemesis though. If a large gravitational mass were to one side of the Voyager probes, could that explain observations?

For it to affect the Pioneer probes (not Voyager, it turns out, but same idea), it would have to be relatively close, and therefore visible to us. It is interesting to note though that, around the time the probes began slowing down, communication with them was lost.

Also, here's the Planetary Society's page on the anomaly: Pioneer Anomaly
edit on 14-2-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

LOL Niburu! Guys I think its time to stop with the Niburu, Planet X thing. There is no "planet" or planet-like object thats going to smash into us. (If I remember correctly thats what the Niburu bunch was saying.) I also think I remember the Niburu bunch saying that people lived on Niburu or came from there or something.... Who knows? But the point is, is that ANY planet discovered near us people are going to jump all over it and call it Niburu. I highly doubt anyone in any ancient civilization would be capable of discovering Tyche, if it is even there to begin with. If it IS there Tyche is very frigid, uninhabitable, totally invisible without an advanced space telescope, and should be moving very slowly relatively speaking. The further away something is from our sun the slower it moves. Thats why Mercury moves at approx. 107,000 MpH and Pluto moves about 3MpH. Trying to spot Tyche in the sky from Earth is comparable to standing on the moon and trying to spot an ant crawling around in New York City.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Actually, yes they do

Within a planetary system, planets, dwarf planets, asteroids (a.k.a. minor planets), comets, and space debris orbit the barycenter in elliptical orbits.

Orbit

If the earth stopped rotating we would all die. The atmosphere would carry on spinning at the same speed as the earth rotates (1100 mph). If that happened, everything would either be swept up into the atmosphere or become vapourised

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Ya, but have to think how HUGE the solar system is and how slowly this Tyche thing would be moving. If the Voyager probes were moving in one direction and Tyche was on the other side of the solar system at the time they would be about 185,911,774,000,000 miles separating the two. (That number was derived by calculating the diameter of the solar system including the Oort Cloud. Its has a 100,000 AU radius so if i'm incorrect in that number please excuse my error, although I'm fairly confident in my calculation.)
edit on 14-2-2011 by danyalson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

edit on 14-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Actually, yes they do

Within a planetary system, planets, dwarf planets, asteroids (a.k.a. minor planets), comets, and space debris orbit the barycenter in elliptical orbits.

Although, the eccentricities of the planets are far less than that of asteroids, comets, and other smaller objects. Compared with these, the planets do follow roughly circular orbits. The planet with the greatest eccentricity in our solar system is Mercury, which has e = 0.2 (the sun is slightly offset from the center and it's not perfectly circular, but it is comparable to the other planets).

Of course, this doesn't prove that any brown dwarf in the outer solar system would have a roughly circular orbit, but it does greatly improve the chances of that. If Tyche/Nibiru/Nemesis/whatever exists, it most likely follows a roughly circular orbit with an orbital period of no less than 350,000 years (and probably closer to 6.5 million years, considering it theoretically only affects objects in the outer Oort cloud).
edit on 14-2-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
HA HA HA....OMG You guys kill me

Scientists: We MAY have found another planet out there, It's probably huge....

believers: SEE, SEE, SEE I told you it was true!!!! It's here, it's here....the sky is falling !!!!

LMAO

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
HA HA HA....OMG You guys kill me

Scientists: We MAY have found another planet out there, It's probably huge....

believers: SEE, SEE, SEE I told you it was true!!!! It's here, it's here....the sky is falling !!!!

LMAO

Its just sad many dont take potential celestial interactions seriously. I dont get the feeling of people saying see see see. I think some are really concerned of what may be future influences upon EA.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If this is Nibiru, I would be really happy! Lol.

Although it probably is just an undiscovered planet, it's still cool to think it's Nibiru.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Why do I get flack for this thread: Holy Crud, I Found Nibiru.....

My thread is considered misleading.

Yet this article doesn't even mention "Nibiru", it is only conjecture on the OP's part to sensationalize the thread.

Just saying.

On topic, the properties described by Zacharia of Nibiru and the properties described in the article do not match.

Listen....I'm discovering that people just want to get a reaction. Some are EXTREMELY rude. All they do is run around and piss people off. So no worries, huh? Good article!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

It's more likely to be Nemesis.

Evidence points towards a binary system

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join