It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru?? New planet to be discovered. Four times the size of Jupiter!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

People are confusing Hercolubus (the "red star" of the Hopi prophecies) with "Nibiru". "Nibiru" is said to be part of our Solar system, whereas Hercolubus is said to be part of the Tylo Solar system. Since Stars/Solar systems move just as planets move, Hercolubus is predicted to pass by (NOT collide with) our Earth as to cause the final catastrophe or cleansing/purifying of our present Root Race. Meaning that the gravitational pull of the massive Hercolubus Planet will cause major earthquakes, tidal waves, eruptions of volcanoes, etc.

Did you happen to read my reply to your post on page #18 of this thread, that I've posted at the top of page #19 of this thread?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Is it possible for this thing to come close enough to Earth as to knock us off our orbit and start floating away into space or towards the sun?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

THe other thread made me feel better about discovering this planet.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by demiroyale

It is written that Hercolubus has passed by (Samael Aun Weor refers to it as a 'magnetic collision') and cleansed our planet four times already, during the present Planetary Round (each Round has seven Root Races, and each Root Race has seven Subraces); so most likely it will not knock Earth off its orbit.

The Final Catastrophe

The End of the Kali Yuga

Alcyone and Negative Emotions

When and How Will the Apocalypse Arrive?

About "Tyche" and "Nibiru", see my earlier post in this thread.

edit on 20-2-2011 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

If Tyche exists at that distance, its orbital period is likely more like tens of thousands of years. As a point of reference, I dug up the orbital period and distance for Sedna (en.wikipedia.org...) and its orbital period is about 12000 years, and about 518 AU from the sun. (its orbit is highly eccentric, so this varies a lot)

Well, then... that is a very interesting timeframe, indeed.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Which mythology is this "Hercolubus/Tylo" business coming from?

If I understand you correctly, your assertion is that there is another star out there with a planetary system on a collision course with our solar system, during which collision this planet is supposed to do unspeakable things to Earth, then go out into some sort of orbit that will bring it back again and again. Is that about right? Further, you say this will happen between 2040 and 2500, anywhere form 29 to 489 years from now?

Just how fast is this star supposed to be moving towards us, that it's invisible to us now, but will arrive in that short span of time? The nearest star to us currently Proxima Centauri, 4.25 light years away, so we can safely say that this "Tylo" farther away than that currently. What sort of physics will allow it to cover that much space in under 500 years?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
So since i have not read this entire thread yet, whats the consensus? Did they find Binky/Nibiru/Tyche/whatever out there in lonely ol space, or we still debating the possibilities that something can be out there? Does anybody really know anything, or it's just all theories? Nothing wrong with theories just you know don't get all worked up on them. After all we don't know jack about anything really to say without a doubt that it can not exist, or it does not exist, as the poster Shikamaru said we really don't know much about our own planet really. But we seem to think we know about other planets out there, and even whole galaxies, all because we can detect a wobble in some star somewhere.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
So since i have not read this entire thread yet, whats the consensus? Did they find Binky/Nibiru/Tyche/whatever out there in lonely ol space, or we still debating the possibilities that something can be out there? Does anybody really know anything, or it's just all theories?

What scientists know:

Scientists have calculated that inconsistencies in the populations of comets in the Oort Cloud may be able to be explained by a yet undiscovered planet that MAY exist, orbiting somewhere in the Oort Cloud, and has the mass of one to four times as much as Jupiter. They calculated what its mass may be, and they calculated where its orbit may be, but they say they will not be able to see it with telescopes for perhaps two years.

So the planet "Tyche" has not been "found", but inconsistencies in the Oort Cloud suggest that it may exist.

If Tyche does exist, it is not Nibiru. Its calculated orbit keeps it far outside the inner solar system.

edit on 2/21/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Well, perhaps some have forgotten...

Astronomers have found a mysterious young star which is travelling inbound towards the Milky Way at an unusual speed of about 1.6 million miles per hour, or 2.6 million kilometers per hour. The discoverers of star HE 0437-5439, thought at first that the wavelength calibration of their instruments was off, but after confirming the star's spectral information with the European Southern Observatory's telescope in Chile, they discovered that the star seems to have been slingshot probably from the Large Magellanic Cloud, an irregular galaxy that is near but outside the Milky Way and is visible in the southern hemisphere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dsc.discovery.com
It's more likely that the star is from the Large Magellanic Cloud (LMC) a irregular galaxy very near, but outside the Milky Way and visible in the night skies of Earth's Southern Hemisphere. But the LMC poses another problem, said Kormendy.

"Almost certainly the LMC does not have a supermassive black hole to do the same job," said Kormendy.

That means something even more unusual might have thrown the star towards the Milky Way, something like a sideways blast by a much bigger companion star that exploded as a supernova, he said.

Using ESO's Very Large Telescope, astronomers [1] have recorded a massive star moving at more than 2.6 million kilometres per hour. Stars are not born with such large velocities. Its position in the sky leads to the suggestion that the star was kicked out from the Large Magellanic Cloud, providing indirect evidence for a massive black hole in the Milky Way's closest neighbour. These results will soon be published in the Astrophysical Journal Letters [2].

"At such a speed, the star would go around the Earth in less than a minute!", says Uli Heber, one of the scientists at the Dr. Remeis-Sternwarte (University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany) and the Centre for Astrophysics Research (University of Hertfordshire, UK) who conducted the study.

The hot massive star was discovered in the framework of the Hamburg/ESO sky survey far out in the halo of the Milky Way, towards the Doradus Constellation ("the Swordfish").

"This is a rather unusual place for such a star: massive stars are ordinarily found in the disc of the Milky Way", explains Ralf Napiwotzki, another member of the team. "Our data obtained with the UVES instrument on the Very Large Telescope, at Paranal (Chile), confirm the star to be rather young and to have a chemical composition similar to our Sun."

The data also revealed the high speed of the star, solving the riddle of its present location: the star did not form in the Milky Way halo, but happens to be there while on its interstellar - or intergalactic - travel.

"But when we calculated how long it would take for the star to travel from the centre of our Galaxy to its present location, we found this to be more than three times its age", says Heber. "Either the star is older than it appears or it was born and accelerated elsewhere", he adds.

As a matter of fact, HE0457-5439 - as the star is called - lies closer to one of the Milky Way satellite galaxies, the Large Magellanic Cloud (LMC), located 160,000 light-years away from us. The astronomers find it likely for the star to have reached its present position had it been ejected from the centre of the LMC. This could suggest the existence of a massive black hole inside the LMC, in order to have imparted the speeding star the necessary kick.

Another explanation would require the star to be the result of the merging of two stars. In this case, the star could be older that presently thought, giving it time to have travelled all the way from the Milky Way Centre. This scenario, however, requires quite some fine-tuning. The astronomers are now planning new observations to confirm one of the two scenarios.

www.eso.org...

edit on 23-2-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Aye, but the article says that star is moving at 1.6 million miles an hour.Light travels at 670.6 million miles per hour, considerably faster.

For This "Tylo" to arrive within 29 years, and assuming it is no farther out than Proxima, it will have to cover 4.25 ly in that 29 years, 1 light year every 6.8 years. That's 15% of C, 100.6 million miles per hour.

For it to arrive at the upper end of the estimate, 489 years, it has to be moving at 0.87% C, which is still 5.8 million miles per hour. Note that these figures assume it is as close as Proxima. If it were further out, with the same arrival time frame, it would necessarily have to travel even faster.

I don't think that's impossible, just highly unlikely. I recall some years back the hoopla surrounding a nebula that was measured as expanding at 8C, and the mad scramble to find some answer to that which didn't violate the current understanding of physics - none of which explanations I found particularly convincing. It seems to me rather the current understanding of physics may stand in need of adjustment.

Still, I'd like to see the data that shows there is an entire star, complete with gravitationally bound planetary retinue, moving on a collision course with our solar system at speeds in excess of 5.8 million miles per hour.

edit on 2011/2/23 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

That star, HE0437-5439, is 200,000 light years away from us. And it's moving away from us at 723 km/s.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor
That star, HE0437-5439, is 200,000 light years away from us. And it's moving away from us at 723 km/s.

I wan't saying ANYWHERE that that star is Nibiru, or Wormwood but was showing that there is much we still need to learn about our universe, and there are stars that go through other galaxies which many people claim is not possible.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I have already said several times that imo neither Nibiru, or any other star, or planet will appear in 2012... I am sure I specified this clearly enough several times. The Hopi prophecies say the Red Star will appear after the Blue Katsina, but the prophecies don't specify when exactly, they only say that the blue katsina is the sign of 7 years of tribulation, and the Red Katsina will appear aferwards and this star is the purifier.

Father Malachi Martin said whatever is approching us would be of great import in 10 years, and we have been experiencing what appears to be something from outside the Solar System which has been affecting every planet, and moon with an atmosphere in our Solar System causing dramatic Climate Changes as well as increased seismic, volcanic and magmatic activity. IMO there is something that is, as Father Malachi said, approaching us, which is changing the dynamics of the entire Solar System.

BTW, the drawing in my avatar isn't something made by a child, but it is an ancient drawing found in a cave on an island in my mother land, and experts don't know who drew it. there were many other drawings, including several crosses, and all this comes from before Christ. I could be wrong, but imo these paintings could have something to do with what in the bible is called wormwood, or what Sitchin called Nibiru, and what the Hopi say will return, the red star katsina.

Some years ago I made a thread about an ancient city, with the largest pyramid found off the coast of Cuba, my mother land, and it was found over 2,000 feet underwater. Some large cataclysm put that city underwater, we have found similar cities underwater all over the world.

edit on 25-2-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: errors and to add comments.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Great find OP! I love threads like this. Niburu sure has been up for discussion for years now. Glad to see it appear on here.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Haven't gone thought the whole thread, but I have to say this:

People are quick to jump at the headlines, without properly reading the artiles. OMG, NASA admits to finding Nibiru zomg lol!!!1111

Here's the real story. A couple of astronomers examined the orbits of long-period comets and suggested that there may be a large massive planet in the outer reaches of the solar system that might be causing these comets to go towards the Sun. This idea has been met with criticism by other astronomers, who have pointed several inconsistencies in the method they used. But in science, it's "never say never". Observational data might confirm their idea, or it might not. As it stands, it's a hypothesis.

Recently, an infrared telescope called WISE completed an all-sky survey designed to search for stuff like that (comets, asteroids, planets, brown dwarfs, etc.) The data collected by WISE will take a couple of years to sift though.

So, what the news articles ARE saying is that we may come across data that confirms this hypothesis. What they AREN'T saying is that NASA discovered this planet, or that it admitted it exists.

What I'm saying is there's no reason to get your knickers in a twist, but there is a reason to be excited about the ongoing research and look forward to many new discoveries.

Please read this: www.nasa.gov...
and watch this: www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Here's waht NASA say:
Background

In November 2010, the scientific journal Icarus published a paper by astrophysicists John Matese and Daniel Whitmire, who proposed the existence of a binary companion to our sun, larger than Jupiter, in the long-hypothesized "Oort cloud" -- a faraway repository of small icy bodies at the edge of our solar system. The researchers use the name "Tyche" for the hypothetical planet. Their paper argues that evidence for the planet would have been recorded by the Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE).

WISE is a NASA mission, launched in December 2009, which scanned the entire celestial sky at four infrared wavelengths about 1.5 times. It captured more than 2.7 million images of objects in space, ranging from faraway galaxies to asteroids and comets relatively close to Earth. Recently, WISE completed an extended mission, allowing it to finish a complete scan of the asteroid belt, and two complete scans of the more distant universe, in two infrared bands. So far, the mission's discoveries of previously unknown objects include an ultra-cold star or brown dwarf, 20 comets, 134 near-Earth objects (NEOs), and more than 33,000 asteroids in the main belt between Mars and Jupiter.

Following its successful survey, WISE was put into hibernation in February 2011. Analysis of WISE data continues. A preliminary public release of the first 14 weeks of data is planned for April 2011, and the final release of the full survey is planned for March 2012.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When could data from WISE confirm or rule out the existence of the hypothesized planet Tyche?

A: It is too early to know whether WISE data confirms or rules out a large object in the Oort cloud. Analysis over the next couple of years will be needed to determine if WISE has actually detected such a world or not. The first 14 weeks of data, being released in April 2011, are unlikely to be sufficient. The full survey, scheduled for release in March 2012, should provide greater insight. Once the WISE data are fully processed, released and analyzed, the Tyche hypothesis that Matese and Whitmire propose will be tested.

Q: Is it a certainty that WISE would have observed such a planet if it exists?

A: It is likely but not a foregone conclusion that WISE could confirm whether or not Tyche exists. Since WISE surveyed the whole sky once, then covered the entire sky again in two of its infrared bands six months later, WISE would see a change in the apparent position of a large planet body in the Oort cloud over the six-month period. The two bands used in the second sky coverage were designed to identify very small, cold stars (or brown dwarfs) -- which are much like planets larger than Jupiter, as Tyche is hypothesized to be.

Q: If Tyche does exist, why would it have taken so long to find another planet in our solar system?

A: Tyche would be too cold and faint for a visible light telescope to identify. Sensitive infrared telescopes could pick up the glow from such an object, if they looked in the right direction. WISE is a sensitive infrared telescope that looks in all directions.

Q: Why is the hypothesized object dubbed "Tyche," and why choose a Greek name when the names of other planets derive from Roman mythology?

A: In the 1980s, a different companion to the sun was hypothesized. That object, named for the Greek goddess "Nemesis," was proposed to explain periodic mass extinctions on the Earth. Nemesis would have followed a highly elliptical orbit, perturbing comets in the Oort Cloud roughly every 26 million years and sending a shower of comets toward the inner solar system. Some of these comets would have slammed into Earth, causing catastrophic results to life. Recent scientific analysis no longer supports the idea that extinctions on Earth happen at regular, repeating intervals. Thus, the Nemesis hypothesis is no longer needed. However, it is still possible that the sun could have a distant, unseen companion in a more circular orbit with a period of a few million years -- one that would not cause devastating effects to terrestrial life. To distinguish this object from the malevolent "Nemesis," astronomers chose the name of Nemesis's benevolent sister in Greek mythology, "Tyche."

JPL manages and operates the Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer for NASA's Science Mission Directorate, Washington. The principal investigator, Edward Wright, is at UCLA. The mission was competitively selected under NASA's Explorers Program managed by the Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md. The science instrument was built by the Space Dynamics Laboratory, Logan, Utah, and the spacecraft was built by Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp., Boulder, Colo. Science operations and data processing take place at the Infrared Processing and Analysis Center at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena. Caltech manages JPL for NASA. More information is online at www.nasa.gov... wise.astro.ucla.edu... and www.jpl.nasa.gov... .

Whitney Clavin 818-354-4673
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif.
[email protected]

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
2012 ITS COMING SO PREPARE YOUR SHELTERS YOU WILL NOT GET ANOTHER WARNING POUNDLAND ARE SELLING EMERGENCY TENS FOR THIS EXACT SITUATION

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrCrindleton
2012 ITS COMING SO PREPARE YOUR SHELTERS YOU WILL NOT GET ANOTHER WARNING POUNDLAND ARE SELLING EMERGENCY TENS FOR THIS EXACT SITUATION

You're right about one thing...
...2012 certainly is coming, and it's right on schedule.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
My questions to all Nibiru believes: www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join