Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Add a Page Bookmark or Last Post Read function

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
1. When you leave a multi-paged thread, many forums take you back to the page you were last on in that thread. Would it be possible to add this function to ATS?

2. In addition to (or maybe instead of) number 1, would it somehow be possible to add a manual bookmark by post? This could be a box in each post that we could check to show which post we want to return to when we return to the thread. One check marked post per thread.

Thoughts?

edit on 2/14/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I think the bookmark thing is a good idea.

You can of course bookmark the page in the normal way in your browser, which I sometimes do if I want to remember where I was up to in a thread

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I do that too, it gets you at least to the page level. But it also leaves me with thousands of bookmarks more in my browser and makes it about as worthless as the ATS search function.

edit on 2/14/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Guess this isn't a great idea. Oh well. At least it's out there.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

No, I think it is a good idea and I would love it if something could be implemented. I know there are threads that I want to read through, but I don't want to read tons of pages in one sitting.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I think this is a great idea! I don't know how many times I've gotten 20 pages into a thread, then have my internet go out, or some sort of distraction only to come back and have no idea where I was.

Flag for you and your awesome idea
edit on 14-2-2011 by ZombieJesus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Thanks, guys. Seems like it probably either can't be done, or I've posted this in the wrong place to get a response from ATS. Is there a better place to post ideas like this?

join