It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ATS has become...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I hate walls of texts so I will keep it short...

I was inspired to write this thread because of alot of negative things I was thinking about this site.

When I get down to waht this site is about, it is about connections between people.

You learn here how to research an idea, and how to provide source information.
I have learned so much about how to, not just to show my opinion, but prove it.

This site has become a resource of information, and opinions, I endulge in regularly.
I love to see new people trying to prove something, without the proper tools, knowing that with enough time here they will gain those tools, even if it means a few bruises along the way.

I just wanted to say, in short, that this place has taught me how to have a REAL opinion, and to know how to hold that opinion up to any opposing point of view, with superior research and information.

Thanks to tho populace here,
Love the King

(move to where it belongs mods if you want, though I think science and tech provides the right area)
edit on 14-2-2011 by KingAtlas because: edit to add -move to where is belong to mods

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: This has also been my experience!
OL notes that you have enuff posts to join ATS chat and I encourage you to do so asap ok.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I agree with this completely.

At times, ATS reminds me of being in school. I say this as a good thing. Throughout the last several years, with so much communication being done on the internet and texting, I often use shortcuts, and do not always use proper punctuation.

While on here, I want to present myself as being somewhat intelligent. I am not saying that I always do, but that I do try to. I use the spell-check often, and make the necessary corrections. Often, I even google a word to determine for sure, that I have spelled it correctly. Also, at times, I will search meanings of words, to ensure that I am using it in its correct context.

From what I mention, and from what you state in your OP about researching, ATS causes me to use my brain a little bit more. That is aside from all of the facts, ideas, and theories, which also force me to open up and think.

and
"I hate walls of texts so I will keep it short..."

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: This has also been my experience!
OL notes that you have enuff posts to join ATS chat and I encourage you to do so asap ok.

What is this S&F I see occasionally?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
s&f means

Star and Flag haha you can do this to post you like, or provide good information!!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Your words resonate well with me and likely many here, and tis always good to express a little gratitude.
Cheers to the journey of our tribe and it's members

Peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Ah! S&F, thank you.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
haha all good guys, I have learned alot here.

I don't stop by as much as I used too, but mostly because i research on my own now,
which I suspect much of the old reg's do now.

top topics

join