It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

January 1, 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
My question is, and perhaps this should go into the BBQ forum, but 2012 is apropos...

What happens to all of the 2012 threads, and in fact the entire forum on January 1st 2013. Do they all get moved to the hoax bin, skunk works, gray area?

It is not very often on ATS where we can definitively decide that if anything is a hoax, its confirmed etc etc, so does that mean on Jan 1st 2013 we will have the biggest influx ever of confirmed hoaxes?

Just wondering you guys....
Inquiring minds want to know

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I guess we can't be sure until that day actually comes

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Either the admin will move it to 2036 or remove it.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
This whole 2012 forum should go into the hoax bin now. It's only being used to fear monger people into buying stuff. It was all a big money ploy from the start. After years of research, I have never been able to confirm any facts. Not one. So 2012 is a big hoax. The end of the world is centuries if not millenia away. So theres no worries. On jan 1st, 2013, I hope the mods delete every single 2012 related post. Because the only significant thing that's going to happen in 2012, outside of the olympics, will be obama winning his second term in office, by fluke.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

so does that mean on Jan 1st 2013 we will have the biggest influx ever of confirmed hoaxes?

Well it's an interesting question actually. In reality I think it will be such a huge job that no one will do it, it should just be obvious that if we are living past 2012 than they are hoaxes.

But I think when/if nothing happens precisely on that day we'll start celebrating just a bit too early...skeptics argue the point more than anyone that the date can't be pin-pointed.

EDIT: But I don't think the whole 2012 forum would be deleted either. There's too much information and potential knowledge that could be deleted. I think it would just be turned into like a museum sort of forum where you can't post and the description of the forum says it was one of the biggest hoaxes in history or something like that.

edit on 14-2-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
This whole 2012 forum should go into the hoax bin now. It's only being used to fear monger people into buying stuff. It was all a big money ploy from the start. After years of research, I have never been able to confirm any facts. Not one. So 2012 is a big hoax. The end of the world is centuries if not millenia away. So theres no worries. On jan 1st, 2013, I hope the mods delete every single 2012 related post. Because the only significant thing that's going to happen in 2012, outside of the olympics, will be obama winning his second term in office, by fluke.

If that #tard wins the second race, I'll personally take out all of creation!!! I will NOT suffer another four years of that moron, I already suffered enough morons in office starting with GB Sr and Jr and now this #tard!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Did Bush JR win either of his elections honestly? Do you really think that will change for obama?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

After years of research, I have never been able to confirm any facts. Not one.

You've done "years of research" and never found a single fact about the Mayans/Sumerians/Egyptians/Hopis and numerous other ancient civilizations?

I guess people find what they want to find...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

reply to post by ldyserenity

Did Bush JR win either of his elections honestly? Do you really think that will change for obama?

Um, no, but that is not the point, seriously if that happens one more time I am gonna find a way to build a couple of nukes myself!!!! ****DISCLAIMER**** THIS IS SARCASM!!! However much I would like to see Earth burn if that dip# is in office again, I have no intention of really doing this, however I do retain the right to pray for it and try some magick spells to bring it about!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Do not jump to conclusions. I never said I didn't learn any facts. I said, I never learned any facts LINKING to 2012 being the end of the world. There is nothing, anywhere, that states 2012 is the end of the world. Yes, it took years to go through, all the different cultures, all the different prophecies and so on to get to this point. But I came up with a lack of evidence suggest 2012 is in any way whatsoever the end of the world. The mayan calendar, doesn't end in 2012, the person who did the math on it, did it WRONG. They used, 365 days of the year, instead of 360 degrees of the zodiac. When you re-do the math, you find that the year is 2060. Newton also said the end of the age of pisces should be in the year 2060. However, there is also speculation that its not til 2160. And even more speculation that the age of aquarius doesn't start for another 600 years. So basically, its a never ending list of evidence pointing to several dates in the future. Meaning, no one can say with any accuracy what date is the real one, if any of them.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Maybe they'll just call the forum "end times" like they used to.

I guess when you've got myans saying its 2013, religions folk saying its 2015 and whistle blowers saying its 2017 then new age groups saying its anything from 2011- 2030 you cant exactly expect the end times threads to all finish just because one date that was made popular by hollywood failed, otherwise all the other peoples threads will end up littered over all the boards.

I think people gotta realize that 2012 seems most popular amongst the ignorant or the general public, many a serious researcher has been saying for years that the end is coming but that ITS NOT 2012. For that reason the title of the forum should be changed now, as many threads in there are not about 2012, but are about end times.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Well, you flatly declared the entire 2012 subject was a "hoax" and said it was being used to "fear monger people into buying stuff."

Fear-mongering is what governments do to keep endless wars going, like the U.S. government has done with al-CIAduh and the phony "war on terror." OTOH, I don't think the Mayans or Hopis care whether you buy anything or not. Though you are correct that the end of the world is not specifically prophesized. I like the way this guy puts it:

"Both the Hopis and Mayans recognize that we are approaching the end of a World Age... In both cases, however, the Hopi and Mayan elders do not prophesy that everything will come to an end. Rather, this is a time of transition from one World Age into another. The message they give concerns our making a choice of how we enter the future ahead. Our moving through with either resistance or acceptance will determine whether the transition will happen with cataclysmic changes or gradual peace and tranquility. The same theme can be found reflected in the prophecies of many other Native American visionaries from Black Elk to Sun Bear."

— Joseph Robert Jochmans

In any case, you might want to ask yourself why many governments have gone on an underground base building spree and why Norway has burrowed deep into a mountain to construct an enormous seed bank depository for the world's seeds. What's up with that?

If governments are spending billions of dollars to make these kinds of preparations, it might not hurt to prepare yourself physically, mentally, spiritually and yes, even materially, whether it's ultimately necessary or not.

edit on 2/14/2011 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
about 2012 and doom,i find most professional and famous scientists support it is false,the opposite ideas are mostly from ancient tales or unprofessional guys.i think we should believe the scientists.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
Maybe they'll just call the forum "end times" like they used to.

That is a very good point. I started this thread kind of tongue in cheek, but realized there is a little bit of interest in the specific date.

The End Times forum, end of the World, or Apocalypse theories would be perfectly fitting for the name of the forum, but the specific 2012 prophecy threads I guess would still be fitting to be moved. I am sure that this must have come up to the mods and admins of the site at one time or another. I wonder if they officially have deteremined this as of yet or its tabled for now, since we still dont know for sure that the world will srtill exist on Jan 1 2013, although I do want my kid to see his 5th birthday

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The highly speculative nature of the subject of 2012 is not one of fact or fiction. It is just theory plain and simple. No one knows for sure if it will or what will happen in 2012. If this forum was rife with supposed proof that 2012 is real and states that certain things are going to happen complete with hard (physical/scientific) evidence and it doesen't then sure HOAX it. But I do not believe that is the purpose of this forum. It is a discussion and that is it. There is not a single person, group, or ounce of solid proof to say that there will be a change of the age or the end of the world scenario in 2012.
Personally I think on Jan 1 2013 this forum should continue, but instead of the focus on the doom and gloom it should evolve into a reflection on the psycology of the whole episode. We should take the lessons learned from it and apply it to help in denying ignorance,
If a 2012 doomsday does happen... who the hell cares anyway what would become of this thread...it will be gone.

new topics

top topics

join