It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia illegal immigrant college student indicted

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
If an illegal, unqualified worker, who can't even speak the language can come in and take your job...chances are, you are an idiot and don't deserve whatever pay you were making. . The same goes for those complaining that it harms their kids education....if you cant pay for private schooling chances are you shouldn't be making babies anyway.

So......... what your saying is, I can't send my kids to a school that I'm paying for and I should go pay even more money to put them in private school but I need to continue paying for my public school so I can educate illegals and If I'm not able to do this I shouldn't have had kids?

Here's just a few ways it effects my kids education, we spend in my state 1 billion a yr educating illegals much of it just to bring them up to speed with US citizens. Our very small county has 2-3 packed High school classes a week, in each of the 5 HS's in the county, they are teaching them how to speak flipp'n English in HS which I'm paying for. How about these K-12 aged kids go enroll in a private school where their parents can pay for them to learn English, after they get citizenship. Our state is slashing school budgets big time right now as I write this, many teachers and Adm will be laid off and many school programs we've always had including some sports programs will not exist next yr. Because we allow so many uneducated kids into our system they've dropped state passing test scores so they could continue receiving state and federal funding. That's BS period and my kids education is suffering as a result of it.

But what do I know.... because I'm one of those idiots you mentioned that had to close my painting business as a result of cheap labor that I cannot compete with and still run a legitimate business and support my family. But according to your statement I didn't deserve it anyway.

I love it when they say that they have tools and transpo, then show up with one putty knife, one $2.00 paint brush, a bus pass and NO documentation, unless it's fake. The quality of work almost always SUCKS. I refuse to lower my quality standards I've worked to achieve for 30+ yrs so I can compete against some guy that swam the Rio the week before and has no clue what he's doing. I still have pride in what I do and I'm not changing that. The sad thing is people don't care much about quality anymore as long as it gets done. My motto to the contractors; "Price, speed or quality, pick two or you can hire Jose and his cousin and I'll come back and fix it when they're done".
edit on 20-2-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join