It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia illegal immigrant college student indicted

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Originally posted by mtnshredder
reply to post by TrueBrit

"Thats the reality of the situation."

The reality Is you don't have a clue what your talking about.
You will be part of our/yours murderous barbaric society till the day you die as will I. Your in a fantasy world dude. It's senseless post like yours that make me think we should have just let you learn to speak German instead of sending you billions, billions and billions to help you support a war you would not have won without our financial contributions. Why didn't you just let Germany take over your country, one way you could have lost YOUR border.

If we had let Hitler and the NAZIS take Britain, then we would have been supporting fascism, something which most of the people who fought the war found unacceptable, and lets face it since the whole basis of my argument is that we need to utterly end xenophobia in order to move forward, your suggestion is moot. Furthermore, the USA didnt save the UK or Europe. It was a joint effort. Quite frankly, the USA only actualy got involved because Pearl Harbour got bombed by the Japs. And one more thing, I hardly think it is sensible for anyone to blow the horn of the USA regarding the second world war, since thier behaviour during the whole thing, and thier mercenary attitude to compensation after the fact, hardly paints the USA as knights in shining armour. They didnt do anything that didnt benifit them, as you would be well aware if you had bothered reading deeply enough on the subject.

These debates are idiotic and pointless, cause every time someone puts our shoes on their feet you never hear from them again, because they realize their talking out the side of their neck. Wake up to reality or go back to sleep.
Do you have any links to your illegal immigration issues that shows how much worse it is than ours as you stated? Not that it matters just curious if you can back up your statements to us ignorant, clueless, stupid, lazy Americans as you call us.

Never once have I suggested that Americans are ignorant, clueless , stupid , or lazy. I have commented that anyone who obsesses too deeply over the importance of thier nationality is ignorant of the harm they are doing to the human race, I have claimed that this deliberate ignorance is stupid, and I would agree that it is born of a lazy thinking process. There is a subtle but important difference.

www.msnbc.msn.com...
This news from Msnbc has the percentage of the US population who are undocumented immigrants at 4% of population total.
This information was very easy to aquire, and no doubt other organisations have a slightly different figure.However, the problem in Britain is so bad that NO ONE KNOWS what the percentages are, because no one is keeping track of the total figure of illegal immigrants here. Our own former immigration minister, Phil Woolas, when asked what the total figure of illegal immigrants was , responded "Its a question no immigration minister can answer." , in other words, the problem has become so great, that we cannot track the numbers any more. We are the second most crowded nation in Europe according to some studies. In any case, there are no accurate percentages available for my nation at this time, but I have written to the Office for National Statistics (ONS) to see if they have any up to the minuite data .
The moment anything becomes available on that point , I will let you know.

TB,
I don't want to argue with you but it seems like you want to twist and turn the facts around to suit yourself, instead of listening what many of us are saying in this thread.
The reason I brought up Germany is because we are getting invaded too, may not be planes and tanks but it's every bit a invasion and explotation of our country and it's severly damaging our country's health.

Furthermore, the USA didnt save the UK or Europe. It was a joint effort.

Hit the history books TB. We spent aprox. 50 billion dollars, 30+ billion went to the UK. Why?...... because your country was bankrupt and had no money to continue fighting. Were you guys going to throw stones, eat hay and ride around on horses to fight the Germans? Your country had very little munitions, supplies, aircraft, money, trucks, etc. left to fight with. If we didn't do this for your country and the other allies you would have lost the damn war, period. Not to mention we sent troops over there to end a war you couldn't finish. Maybe you should try thanking us instead of condemning us for helping you.

We were also involved in your war for many yrs prior to the bombing of Pearl Harbor but that was our official invitation to put a stop to it all and we did, along with declaring war with Germany a few days later. We went and put an end to that too at great cost to our country. We lost a lot of lifes between Germany and Japan.

You need to get your facts straight.

As far as the mercanary action for repayment as you call it was actually the Lend lease and you can read this snippet in regards to the repayment of that loan.

There was no charge for the Lend Lease aid delivered during the war, but the Americans did expect the return of some durable goods such as ships. Congress had not authorized the gift of supplies after the war, so the administration charged for them, usually at a 90% discount. Large quantities of undelivered goods were in Britain or in transit when Lend-Lease terminated on 2 September 1945. Britain wished to retain some of this equipment in the immediate post war period. In 1946, the post-war Anglo-American loan further indebted Britain to the U.S. Lend-lease items retained were sold to Britain at 10% of nominal value, giving an initial loan value of £1.075 billion for the Lend Lease portion of the post-war loans. Payment was to be stretched out over 50 annual payments, starting in 1951 and with five years of deferred payments, at 2% interest.[27] The final payment of $83.3 million (£42.5 million), due on 31 December 2006 (repayment having been deferred in the allowed five years), was made on 29 December 2006 (the last working day of the year). After this final payment Britain's Economic Secretary to the Treasury, Ed Balls, formally thanked the U.S. for its wartime support.

And about your immigration problem you say is so bad, well...I had to laugh when I read there "may be" a million illegals in the UK and most #'s suggested around 500K-700K, not much current data I could find but I think those numbers are close.
We have around twenty million breeding like rabbits and that could be almost double some say because there's no way to really know, same as in your country...who knows the real number. But that's a big number difference between the two, to be comparing our immigratiom prob's to yours, it's not even close. If you think you have a problem come visit us, there's some real nice hotels in East LA you can stay in and stay in you would.

The only reason it is not capable of doing this now, is because ignorant , foolish, closed minded persons, devoid of all empathy and understanding for the troubles of others, decide that they cannot accept people who do not conform to thier limited, blinkered and psychologicaly stunted world veiw. We could have world peace, and be colonising the very planets after which the months are named, if only the cretins who blindly wave thier flags in the face of progress would only either realise thier ineptitude, or at least step the hell down and let the future in for the benifit of everyone else.

Maybe I mis understood your above comment but it sure seems to have an undertone directed at us considering topic. Exactly who are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder

The only reason it is not capable of doing this now, is because ignorant , foolish, closed minded persons, devoid of all empathy and understanding for the troubles of others, decide that they cannot accept people who do not conform to thier limited, blinkered and psychologicaly stunted world veiw. We could have world peace, and be colonising the very planets after which the months are named, if only the cretins who blindly wave thier flags in the face of progress would only either realise thier ineptitude, or at least step the hell down and let the future in for the benifit of everyone else.

Maybe I mis understood your above comment but it sure seems to have an undertone directed at us considering topic. Exactly who are you talking about?

I am talking not about Americans as a general case, but ANYBODY who has a problem with people living in thier nation, who arent from that nation, or documented to do so. Baring in mind that documentation is JUST a way of tracking people anyway, I would have thought that anyone who loves thier liberty would appreciate the idea of not being traced every damned place they go, and would more than understand anyone not wanting to be a part of that.
Alot of people comming to developed nations from less developed ones, have a totaly understandable veiw, that the less a government knows about them, the less that government can do to harm the person or persons involved. With that in mind you can surely see why some people would , legitimately and quite fairly, wish not to be traced. Its worth baring in mind that many illegal immigrants in the US actualy pay tax on what they earn working illegaly, even though they arent meant to be there.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I am talking not about Americans as a general case, but ANYBODY who has a problem with people living in thier nation, who arent from that nation, or documented to do so.

Are you one of those "ANYBODY'S"? Because if you are then you shouldn't have a problem with us sending you the twenty million or whatever illegals to your country and then you can tell us how you really feel about illegal immigration.

I don't even understand why you're even addressing an issue when you clearly have little understanding or knowledge of the facts of OUR situation. Do you even know thay they're bankrupting our country one state at a time? THEY DON'T GIVE A RATS *snip* about this country and neither does any other country we've helped when they were being invaded including yours. You didn't want to push 1 for english instead of German and we don't want to press 1 for english instead of listening to spanish, making any sense to you?

Sorry about the RATS*snip* Maria. I just get frustrated trying to explain and defend my country, especially against people that don't even live here. sorry........
edit on 15-2-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. Here is another example of how illegals are gaming the system, get caught breaking multiple laws and people are talking about "Oh, the poor person"?

really?

Do those of you that think poor illegal also say the same for someone who robs a bank? What about stealing from your neighbor? Or how about the doctors that scam medicare?

Illegal is illegal, theft is theft and you can't do the right thing the wrong way.

And again, it is really grand when those that aren't US citizens start bantering away on the issue of illegals.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

You said: "Baring in mind that documentation is JUST a way of tracking people anyway, I would have thought that anyone who loves thier liberty would appreciate the idea of not being traced every damned place they go, and would more than understand anyone not wanting to be a part of that."

We have thousands of people who have lost their lives to illegals due to the fact that laws were not enforced, therefore no background check. Pedophiles, murderers, thieves, gang members, drug cartels all come through, as well as people bringing diseases, all because of no background checks. Is this what you want in your country? I highly doubt it.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

If you think that being from a place outside the US , makes me unable to comment on it, then I pity your limited understanding of the rest of the world. The US is possibly the ONLY developed nation, where people generaly speaking know nothing about the affairs of other nations, some only knowing what happens in thier own state. Now, this might be life as you know it, but there are people in other nations, who are extremely widely read on politics and world affairs.
Just because you want the wool to stay over your eyes, dont have the temerity to try and silence me , to make you feel better about your inadequacies.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

We have thousands of people who have lost their lives to illegals due to the fact that laws were not enforced, therefore no background check. Pedophiles, murderers, thieves, gang members, drug cartels all come through, as well as people bringing diseases, all because of no background checks. Is this what you want in your country? I highly doubt it.

Pedophiles , murderers, thieves, gang members, drug cartels and people with diseases. Ok, lets break that down shall we? The gang members are the murderers, and the cartel representatives, so pick one and leave it at that for a start, rather than artificialy inflating your point .
So we are left with Pedophiles, cartel representatives, and people with diseases. But you are forgetting the countless numbers of people who go to America over the border because they are in danger from the cartels, people who have tried to do the right thing, and been hounded from thier homes, people who have informed to the police, and had to leave the country for fear of being gutted and hung from a lampost by thier own intestines.
You are forgetting the completely innocent young couples who try to escape what is becoming an ever more dangerous place to live, so that thier unborn child or children can be born without the roar of automatic weapons,and the sound of screaming in mortal terror, as the first sound they hear, the reek of gunsmoke and spilt blood as thier first smell. There are the smart kids, who try to get out of thier home nations because all that is there for them is a life of killing and drug abuse, whereas these smart kids could try and get an education, and attempt to one day go back and use thier brains to fix thier broken homelands, something which would benifit all the world.
And you mentioned diseased people? Is it the case that people with diseases just cross the border to infect everybody ? No. Do they sneak around peoples houses , sneezing on the contents of peoples refrigerators at night, or smearing small amounts of thier blood on to toilet roll?? Do they stroll around the states, looking for ways to infect the population of the USA ? No. There are some , SOME who go round whoring and screwing without a care in the world, sure there are. There are also quite a few Americans who do that, and no one really does a damn thing about them. Your problem with it , isnt what they do, its where they come from. Never mind the fact that you cant get help with ANY medical problem in some of the worst contributing nations, other than sound treatment in the gunshot wound department. Never mind the fact that most of the immigrants to the US who do have some terrifying disease actualy go there to get some kind of treatment, never mind all that, just you go right a. and concentrate on the minority , and apply its methods to the majority. Go right a. and be that blind if you want.
And regarding pedophiles... you really have to wake up and smell the coffee here. Most pedophiles that exist in the world arent even known to the authorities in thier own lands! America has more unknown child molesters in it than could ever be expected to stagger across the borders, or sneak thier way in on visas from abroad! Now obviously, removing the threat to children from predatory adults is a must, but thats regardless of where they are from, and the answer is not to slam entire societal groups to solve the problem (like immigrants for example) but to ensure children are looked after, and kept on a short leash until they are able to deliver a firm right hook in defense!
Blaming immigration for your nations problems is like a person blaming air quality for hereditary respiratory health complaints. No its not helping, but it is not the root of your nations actual problems.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

reply to post by mtnshredder

If you think that being from a place outside the US , makes me unable to comment on it, then I pity your limited understanding of the rest of the world. The US is possibly the ONLY developed nation, where people generaly speaking know nothing about the affairs of other nations, some only knowing what happens in thier own state.

Now that's funny considering you've been corrected more than once about the history of your own country from someone that's all the way across the pond..

Now, this might be life as you know it, but there are people in other nations, who are extremely widely read on politics and world affairs.

I understand this you're just not one of them and after reading your reply to Nightstar, it's painfully obvious you know very little about what you're talking about. I have no problem with people from other countries debating issues about the US or anywhere else but it's much more productive when they know what they're talking about. You can also stop with your personal attacks and others would be much nicer to you. We should be able to have a debate without name calling don't you think?
BTW my eyes are wide open, no wool.
edit on 16-2-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I have not been corrected on my own nations history. I have had people talking out of thier rear ends about the US involvement with my nations history, but I have never been corrected about it.
Furthermore, you can take my words personaly if you CHOOSE to , but thats largely a matter of the glove fitting and you being sore about it.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

We have people from all over the world who are poor and fear for their lives. It is impossible for America to take them all in. Their own governments need to care for their people. What we are experiencing are mostly the illegals who come here and through deciet, work the system to their advantage.

Don't you think that if we could save the world, we would? It is not that we lack compassion for those who truly deserve it. It is not that we are racist. We are upset about the thousands of people who have lost their lives just because our immigration laws were not enforced. We are upset because we have millons of people who are unemployed and worry themselves sick over how they will care for their families, while illegals are taking jobs. We are upset because we are forced to speak another language in some instances just to get a simple factory job. We are upset because illegals have all their needs met while our own citizens suffer and fall through the cracks.

The U.S. is trillions of dollars in debt. We are no longer the land of opportunity that we once were.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Good luck with that.How do you intend to do away with mankinds nature for violence?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

First of all , mankinds violent nature stems from survival instincts passed on from when we were nothing more than tree shrews , hunted by every other damned thing living on the planet. Our fight or flight reactions are produced in the oldest parts of our brains, which stem back to that evolutionary state. However, there are ways to focus these instincts, and ways to train individuals to control thier reactions to stimuli. One problem that occurs in massive amounts , certainly in my own country, is people learn violent behaviours, before they learn the virtue of self control. I do not mean to propose a total stoppage of all fight or flight, far from it, but there are an increasing number of people who choose fight at the merest provocation, and teaching people from a young age to control these base instincts would be benificial.
I am told that in my parents generation, and previous even to that generation, kids in my nation could learn fencing, or boxing in school without massive outlays in terms of funding. An early education in some martial art of some sort, would produce discipline, without the draconian measures of corperal punishment, and would put people on an equal footing, each having had some training in defense of the self, thus making any potential confrontation a more difficult problem for a potential trouble maker. I happen to know that the people who do violence to the weak, would not do so, were the target of thier violence to prove to be a hard target.
All too often a person will find themselves the target of violence because they have not the means to defend themselves, which is often obvious from thier walk, thier speech, the movement of thier eyes under stress. By teaching defense to all people , this will make attackers think twice about the risks, and increase the possibility of them leaving well alone, while increasing the capacity of a potential victim to defend themselves against attack, and increasing the possibility that a passer by will effectively neutralise anyone they see making an attack against a person.
In the case of those who are prone to violence, good training in martial matters, will teach them discipline a hell of a lot better and earlier than potential jail terms after the age of fifteen, and would teach them about consequence. It is comparitively rare for a person who has studied a martial art with any degree of seriousness, to involve themselves in petty violence, since they know that the skills that they have learned are dangerous and for use in only the most serious of circumstance. It also offers more control over ones body than is currently expressed by the generations of thugs that currently walk the streets of my nation, giving them more choice as to how to handle an attacker. Sometimes violence leads to accidental death, but with training, such incidents could be avoided, and less people would see the need to purchase illegal weapons like guns and knives and so on, because they would not feel as threatened by circumstances, knowing the true potential of thier bodies.
This would also be benificial to the overall health of participants in the training, because all martial arts are accompanied with improvements in cardiovascular health, preventing the enormous levels of obesity we are seeing these days. Also general improvements in cardiovascular health can prevent all sorts of other common diseases, and the rigours of martial practice can prevent bone and muscle degeneration later in life, as well as sharpening the mind, the reflexes, which will have a positive knock on effect, perhaps delaying the onset of mental health issues like alzhiemers and parkinsons later in life.
Baring in mind the health benifits of solid training , there is another more general case which would affect the violent nature of man. Those who train in martial arts have a healthier body, in general , and the health of ones body is one of the key features which affects a persons mental stability in every day life. Baring in mind how often mental instabilities bought on by external factors are responsible for people "flipping out" or "going postal" improvements in the mental health of the population would see dramatic decreases in the numbers of incidents of breakdowns, and incidents of rage taking over and causing a person to be harmed or killed in the "red mist" situation.
There ARE things that can be done to prevent mankinds basest instincts from ruling his approach to the every day situations in which he finds himself. The problems are not insurmountable. They merely require the correct and long term approach in order to deal with successfuly.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

So basically what your saying is that martial arts training will cure mankind of their violent nature.Am I reading this correctly?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I am saying that there is no cure for violence, because it is not a disease. There are however very effective ways of training that instinct, that nature, to be more controled, and less random, and less prone to petty use, as they are used in todays world all to often. Coupled with the benifits to general health of the regular excersise and increase in fitness that accompanies training in these arts, this idea adds up to a win win. Remove the majority of violence from the streets by mutual training and respect, taught in the martial manner, and improve the fitness of the bodies and minds of the people to boot.
Are you seeing a glaring fallacy in my thinking?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If an illegal, unqualified worker, who can't even speak the language can come in and take your job...chances are, you are an idiot and don't deserve whatever pay you were making. If you don't like how politicians spend the money they STOLE from you, stop paying those taxes, it's just that easy.And if gangs,criminals or other thugs frighten you, buy a flipping gun. The same goes for those complaining that it harms their kids education....if you cant pay for private schooling chances are you shouldn't be making babies anyway.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
If an illegal, unqualified worker, who can't even speak the language can come in and take your job...chances are, you are an idiot and don't deserve whatever pay you were making. If you don't like how politicians spend the money they STOLE from you, stop paying those taxes, it's just that easy.And if gangs,criminals or other thugs frighten you, buy a flipping gun. The same goes for those complaining that it harms their kids education....if you cant pay for private schooling chances are you shouldn't be making babies anyway.

Um no, our unemployed are not idiots as you like to call them. If corporations can hire an illegal for less than a citizen, they will hire the illegal. Many are payed under the table and pay no taxes. You see, if a citizen does that, we get fined or go to jail.

Stop paying taxes? You first. Let me know how that works out for you.

Your solution to gangs, criminals and other thugs is to get a flipping gun? It would be a lot easier and better to have our laws enforced.

If you can't afford private school, you shouldn't be making babies? Most people do fine sending their children to public schools.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV

How DARE you sir come in and try to inject common sense into all this?!?! Who do you think you are ? Do you not get it that all of the problems that we are facing now is the fault of those damn dirty illegals that only want to rape white women and take our jobs?!?!
edit on 2/18/2011 by muse7 because:

edit on 2/18/2011 by muse7 because:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
i believe if you are brought here illegally as a child and have spent more time inthis country than home country then you should not be sent back. imagine this girl being sent back home they would have pegged her for a target within days of her arrival.yes i am against illegal immigration but it isn't always black and white.

Agreed. Her arrest was lawful (after all - a citizen would go through the same thing if incorrect info was given or if caught driving without a license). However, if she has spent her entire life here, it would be wrong (in my opinion) to deport her. Help her file the proper paperwork to become a legal citizen.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I am saying that there is no cure for violence, because it is not a disease. There are however very effective ways of training that instinct, that nature, to be more controled, and less random, and less prone to petty use, as they are used in todays world all to often. Coupled with the benifits to general health of the regular excersise and increase in fitness that accompanies training in these arts, this idea adds up to a win win. Remove the majority of violence from the streets by mutual training and respect, taught in the martial manner, and improve the fitness of the bodies and minds of the people to boot.
Are you seeing a glaring fallacy in my thinking?

Well I don't actually see any glaring error in what you say,and I'll grant you that training in the martial arts does impart a certian level of control.It also is very good for providing fitness.I'm just not entirely convinced that it will remove or temper man's propensity for violence.I have some personal knowledge of a couple of guys who know "the arts" and use them to bully others.Perhaps this would work for many people but I doubt that it would work for all.How ever I compliment you for thinking outside the box.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

If what you say is true, OUR country would not be in this current condition...no?

As far as taxes go, I don't pay them. My property tax is lower than the taxable income rate so I only work enough each year to pay the income tax on the poperty. The sun and wind generate enough free power for me as it is. internet and a land line is only 300$ a year. Plus ammo for hunting and I spend less than 2500$ a year. 65% of the little money that I do make goes to the fed because they believe they can tax indefinately, MY property. I left the "city" long ago. Suprisingly, like "majiK" food grows from the ground and trees and animals just can't stop making babies in the springtime. I have yet to feel hungry or poor even though I come in waaaay below the poverty line.

Just my opinion though, take it with a grain of salt a shot of wiskey. What you or anyone actually does, doesn't matter to me really, I don't participate anyway except when held at gunpoint(car insure,licence,property tax). Outside of that i have no use for fiat money.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join