It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia illegal immigrant college student indicted

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
i believe if you are brought here illegally as a child and have spent more time inthis country than home country then you should not be sent back. imagine this girl being sent back home they would have pegged her for a target within days of her arrival.yes i am against illegal immigration but it isn't always black and white.

Oh yeah. Just throw the laws out the window. Why not??
It is black and white. Did her parents break the law coming here? Yes.
When caught, should they be sent back? Yep, every family member who is here illegally.
No matter how young, she broke the law as well.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Good summary.

Business thrived on illegally hiring workers. Business loved illegally hiring cheap labor. If the first lawbreaker here is the non-citizen who either came here illegally or overstayed a visa, then the second lawbreaker is the employer who hires them.

Let the student finish university. Round up all the employers in Georgia who hire illegal labor and put those employers in prison.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
You know what would be a marvelous way of life? No nations, no lords, no masters, no owners and no borders. Just land and the freedom to walk it, the only qualification required being the capability to walk , talk and think. All the other stuff, nationalism (a genuinely dirty word, most spoken by people who do not understand thier circumstances) pride, territory, class systems are pathetic, and importance is only placed on any of these piddling trifles by pathetic people. Oh thier deeds and thier self importance may be vast , but these people, military figures, politicians, voters, campaigners, they are all full of thier own importance, and incapable of unconditional love of thier fellow man.
All the accepted social concepts of national boundaries and borders serve to do, is seperate humanity from itself, and give some the impression that because they "belong" somewhere, they have a right to be there. Horse crap is what that is. Utter crap. If thats the case, then every family in Britain that cannot trace thier lineage back past Roman Era Britain can go hang, and every person in the USA who is not an American Indian, can sod off somewhere else, and then we shall see where the obsession with borders and rights and all that weak, ancient crap gets us. I know where it will get us of course, and that is NO WHERE.
There can be no progression, no forward movement in the world, no advancement of our species as a whole until this sort of pedantic, gutless and frankly disgusting obsession with nationality go the way of the dodo . Dont get me wrong, one should be proud of ones living space, and being able to steward the land, and the animals which live on it. But should the entrenchment of nationalism go any deeper , then one runs the risk of imperialism, wether one lives in an Empire by name, or an empire by action.
This world, should be capable of retaining ancient culture, while moving forward together as a single unit, to a time of scientific , philosophical, and intellectual primacy. The only reason it is not capable of doing this now, is because ignorant , foolish, closed minded persons, devoid of all empathy and understanding for the troubles of others, decide that they cannot accept people who do not conform to thier limited, blinkered and psychologicaly stunted world veiw. We could have world peace, and be colonising the very planets after which the months are named, if only the cretins who blindly wave thier flags in the face of progress would only either realise thier ineptitude, or at least step the hell down and let the future in for the benifit of everyone else.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
reply to post by antonia

Let the student finish university. Round up all the employers in Georgia who hire illegal labor and put those employers in prison.

Maybe something positive will come out of her. Who knows?

Personally, I think the solution is a rewrite of NAFTA. It caused serious problems in that area. We have benefited from their exploitation for years. As for what to do about those here...Well, You are not going to deport 10 to 30 million people. Good luck guys. Politicians use it as a wedge issue because they know it just ticks you off and your brain shuts down. It's not naive to think you can round up that many people-It's stupid. You can't. I say make the illegals legal and make em pay like everyone else. It would be a lot of new revenue. Where I live Illegals are busting their butts at work. One I know works 80 hours a week. I know people on my block who were born here and suck off welfare. I know who I would rather deport. Force them to learn passable English, make em take a citizenship test. I think we should also rewrite the 14th amendment to say at least 1 parent must be a citizen of this country in order to be a citizen by birth.

The real problem is in employers though. If there was no demand for cheap labor then illegals wouldn't be coming here. It's like blaming drug dealers for drugs. if people didn't want drugs there would be no drug dealers.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

While I believe firmly in immigration laws. This particular girls seems to be stuck in the middle. Her parents brought her here, illegally, as a small child.

She was left without a personal choice in the matter. I can empathize with aspects of her situation. Her story has been a very divisive issue here in Atlanta, with people on both sides of it, and many taking extreme positions on both sides.

My personal view is that her having to "fake it" was implied by her situation and is, thus, a mitigating factor.

~Heff

I disagree completely, this girl is no longer a "child". When she was a child, she had no choice. Now she is all grown up, she now has choices, what is stopping her from legalizing her status? If anything, the fact that she was brought to this country as a child with no choice in the matter would actually benefit her to gain a legal status.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Let's compare apples to apples here for a minute. OP... I am sorry and I hope you don't see this as an attempt to further derail your original posting. But here is a translated version of the articles in the Mexican Constitution as it pertains to 'foreigners, illegal immigrants and naturalized citizens". Articles in Mexican Constitution Wow......now if Mexico was an attractive place to sneak into, look what would await us... even if we became naturalized, they hardly make any distinction and yet the Mexican Gov't has the cajones to berate the US Gov't and State Govt's that try to stem the flow of illegals coming into this country from it's southern border.

Antonia said it was the blame of company's that are looking fo cheap labor... partially true. We need to look further and realize that this is a problem that has been created by everyone starting with a Federal Govt. that cannot even stand up to enforce it's own laws on the issue, to the person coming in illegally who knows full well they are here illegally in spite of the ability to become legal once here, to the company that hires illegals as workers over their own countrymen to the individual who continues to sit idly by and not start demanding that their Govevrnment start to do something about this issue.

edit on 14-2-2011 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: Correction of a DUH moment

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
GOOD! One down many more to go! Send her dumb Azz back to where she came from! Just a typical example of the blatant attempt at exploiting our country!
I have no sympathy as many do on this thread, about " oh, she came here as a child, she didn't have a choice" non-sense. Fact: she is an adult now, and DOES have a choice in the matter! And she chose to continue her blatant breaking of the law! 14th Amendment in my eyes, should be eradicated, thus lessening the burden of the tax payer, and controlling our population. At the rate these illegals are coming in, we can't sustain the massive influx of ppl. Shut the borders down completely, and let's take care of our own!
edit on 14-2-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
TRUEBRIT,
There's been borders since the day of the caveman. I don't see it ever changing. Your ideology works in a perfect world and I wish we had no borders anywhere and everyone did their equal part to make this planet a better place for ALL but this is not reality and has been the case for thousands and thousands of yrs. We're territorially like any other living creature on the planet. It's the nature of the beast.

Say we did do away with all borders, you and your family worked hard to have a certain quality of life but your neighbor down the street didn't, how would you feel if he starts taking everything you've worked so hard for away from you, because he wasn't willing to do the work to have a quality of life for himself, yet he's Ok to take from you at your expense. You honestly wouldn't have a problem with this? This is the reality.
Can we just send the 20-30 million of them over to the UK and let you Brits take care of them, may cost you your job and quality of life, but like you said we should all have equal opportunity right?
edit on 14-2-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

Thank you for your continued contributions of logic! I completely agree with your mindset! if I were a mod, I'd give you applause and 500 bonus points!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder
TRUEBRIT,
There's been borders since the day of the caveman. I don't see it ever changing. Your ideology works in a perfect world and I wish we had no borders anywhere and everyone did their equal part to make this planet a better place for ALL but this is not reality and has been the case for thousands and thousands of yrs. We're territorially like any other living creature on the planet. It's the nature of the beast.

And that nature cannot sustain us any more. We have been back and forth to the brink of nuclear apocalypse, started unjust wars against minority groups, which have killed utterly innocent people in thier hundreds of thousands. The nature of the beast is to kill itself by aquiring and devastating and raping so much territory that it collapses under its own weight. If you wish to be a part of a civilisation at the end of its ability to look after itself, then fair enough, but do not presume to make that choice on behalf of your fellow man.

Say we did do away with all borders, you and your family worked hard to have a certain quality of life but your neighbor down the street didn't, how would you feel if he starts taking everything you've worked so hard for away from you, because he wasn't willing to do the work to have a quality of life for himself, yet he's Ok to take from you at your expense. You honestly wouldn't have a problem with this? This is the reality.

Since in my nation there are far more British layabouts than immigrants sitting on thier collective butts , I do not see how this applies. We have a problem in Britain with the BRITISH layabout, not the immigrant worker. I know far more lazy, feckless, wastefull , unemployable wastes of genetic material who are British than I have ever met lazy , irresponsible, workshy immigrants. You know why? Because people in other nations are used to working hard for thier money, rather than sitting about and expecting to amass vast sums of money for nothing.

Can we just send the 20-30 million of them over to the UK and let you Brits take care of them, may cost you your job and quality of life, but like you said we should all have equal opportunity right?

HAHAH! Thats hilarious really. Look at the figures. Percentage wise we have more immigration issues here than you could hope to have in your nation. Difference is, we know deep down that most of the immigrants we have here are fleeing wars we started abroad, in tandem with the USA. In truth your nation could afford to take up FAR more of the run off from those activities than you currently do. The USA however is apparantly full of imperialist , complaining whiners, who dont see why thier fantastic lives ought to occasionaly cost them a pretty penny, even though in other nations people die by thier hundreds of thousands, in industries you benifit from, and in wars your nation begun and refuses to end for NO reason whatsoever.
Thats the reality of the situation. Seems to me that the nature of the beast isnt just territorial, its down right murderous, and if it cant grow past that immature, violent and psychopathic part of its life, then the beast that is mankind NEEDS to die, for its own good.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by muse7

That kind of thinking doesn't enter into the general ATS psyche. It's black or white, wrong or white. Imagine being a kid and taken with your parents to someplace you don't know. What are you going to do? The fact people are even pretending the girl had a choice in the matter is just stupid. As for the idea of her leaving at 18 and coming-No, it doesn't work. You need thousands of dollars and if you were ever here illegally your pooch is screwed. Our immigration system is idiotic to begin with. It pays to deny people over and over. Go to Mexico and see how they live and then tell me these people have thousands of dollars to come here legally. There needs to be a REAL solution on this issue. Not the 5 year old mentality solution we keep hearing. You are not going to be able to round up 11 million plus people and toss them out. It's not going to happen. Many of you have no idea how far back this goes. For many years there was no real issue with them crossing the border. No one cared. Then WWI hit and they begged Mexicans to come live and work in the U.S. Promised them a good life, then threw them out on their ass. The Great Depression came, they deported hundreds, even those who born in this country. Then WW2 Came and we saw a repeat of WW1. Then NAFTA hit and now that American's benefit from their cheap labor they are going to be hateful? Please, you made your bed. I don't give a damn-Go lie in it.

And don't talk to me about breaking the law. Many of you do it through ignorance or choice everyday.

The "Sympathizer" chant in 3...2...
edit on 14-2-2011 by antonia because: RAWR

So our Immigration system is so idiotic then you are more then welcome to leave. Also have you read Mexico's immigration laws If I wanted to move their? How about the actions they take on anyone immigrating into Mexico illegally from their southern borders? We are a lot nicer!

As for just allowing Illegal Immigrants to just come here and leach off our system what WE pay for No way Jose(no pun intended) If you are fine with paying for someone else then its all yours, I on the other hand don't want my taxes spent towards someone who willingly breaks our laws doesn't pay into the system.

Sorry I have my own family to worry about and take care of.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
With limited seatings in colleges, illegals take the place of a citizen. So which do you prefer that a foreigner take that seat, or your own child?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

"Thats the reality of the situation."

The reality Is you don't have a clue what your talking about.
You will be part of our/yours murderous barbaric society till the day you die as will I. Your in a fantasy world dude. It's senseless post like yours that make me think we should have just let you learn to speak German instead of sending you billions, billions and billions to help you support a war you would not have won without our financial contributions. Why didn't you just let Germany take over your country, one way you could have lost YOUR border.
These debates are idiotic and pointless, cause every time someone puts our shoes on their feet you never hear from them again, because they realize their talking out the side of their neck. Wake up to reality or go back to sleep.
Do you have any links to your illegal immigration issues that shows how much worse it is than ours as you stated? Not that it matters just curious if you can back up your statements to us ignorant, clueless, stupid, lazy Americans as you call us.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentStigma

So our Immigration system is so idiotic then you are more then welcome to leave. Also have you read Mexico's immigration laws If I wanted to move their? How about the actions they take on anyone immigrating into Mexico illegally from their southern borders? We are a lot nicer!

I don't care about Mexico's immigration issues. I'm not going to Mexico. If you don't like that other people in this country have differing opinions maybe you should leave. See how that works?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Part of the problems in the world is that education is not treated as important as it should be.

The number one priority of the world is for everyone to have an education, no matter what. Education should also be free.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Nothing but gibberish! You make all these claims and accusations, and yet no real Facts to support your claim.

The USA however is apparantly full of imperialist , complaining whiners, who dont see why thier fantastic lives ought to occasionaly cost them a pretty penny,

1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year. /zob77

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens. www.cis.org...

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens. www.cis.org...

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English ! transcripts.cnn.com...

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies. transcripts.cnn.com...

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens. transcripts.cnn.com...

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens. http://t ranscripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers. premium.cnn.com...

9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed Am erican wages are caused by the illegal aliens. transcripts.cnn.com...

10. The illegal aliens in the Un ited States have a crime rate that's two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US transcripts.cnn.com...

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, coc aine, meth, heroine and marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern border. Homeland Security Report: /t9sht

12. The National Policy Institute, "estimated that the total cost of mass dep ortation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period."
www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org...

13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin. www.rense.com...

14. "The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States ". www.drdsk.com...

The total cost is a whooping

$ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR

So what was that you were saying? That above total figure is more than we spend on illegal wars ...Period!
For you to assume you have more illegal immigrants, with no fact finding info to support your countries expenditure is just lunacy? This is just the amount spent on illegals, which you care to discuss how much money is sent to Mexico Annually? How bout Haiti? Israel perhaps?

Point being, you have no idea what your talking about, instead of conjuring up a constructive thought in regards to the amount of wasted monies spent, not to mention those who are illegals being a burden on the tax payer, you wish to support your argument with emotionally based responses~

Go back to re-runs of sesame street, and leave the grown up talk for us adults.

edit on 14-2-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I go to KSU....I wonder if this person was in any of my classes...hmm

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

You're NWO aren't you.No borders no nationalism ,isn't that exactly what they want.Globalism with no borders one currency.And everyone under control after getting rid of a couple billion of us so we are a more controllable size.Nice let's do it what do you think folks?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Please don't blast me into oblivion here...
We really are on the same side of this arguement here and I feel/hear how passionate you are on this issue, just as I am. But I need to just throw a couple things out there for your consideration:

1. You mentioned that illegals are exploiting our country. No arguement there from me. Absolutely they are and they will continue to do so as long our Government allows it to continue. We as citizens need to be a little more active when it comes to holding our elected official's collective feet to the fire on this. Be active, email your local, state and federal officials over this. Call their office's be a pain in their nether regions, they don't seem to have any problem being a pain in ours!!

3. You researched and found supporting statements to back up your figure of $338B per year spent on programs to assist illegals in this country. Staggering amount to be honest and some I knew, some I did not. Thanks for doing all that work. However, in terms of what we spend on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, its a drop in the bucket. Here is a link to a website that keeps real time track of the money spent by the US on those 2 wars alone...... Running Total of the Wars

Now if we took that $338B and the trillions we spend on the wars, just think what this country would be like. Amazing, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I can understand where you're coming from on this, but as a student there i can say that, in at least KSU's instance, there is no shortage of seats. since i've been enrolled we've grown by about 10,000 students and are vastly expanding our campus and resources. many colleges do the same. we are currently the third largest college/university in the state and we will soon be second. if you are academically able to be there then they accept you, we have no wait list. so the opportunity to get a college education can be obtained if you can get in, but from the being illegal standpoint i agree. you should have to be a legal citizen or on a visa as an exchange student.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join